Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Sourced it in, works like a charm!

very, very nice program. I know this will certainly help a lot of people, wouldn't be surprised if it was added to the release (like the item editor). Certainly makes it easier.

Don't suppose you could add s few new features, such as an export loottable perhaps - that will export all the data for a certain mob, spawn, type etc into an sql that can be sourced into another database? Also, perhaps make it so you can choose how the mobs are sorted. I see you have them sorted by race at the moment, perhaps make it so you can sort by name, level etc.

Great work,

Monrezz

kRPG Profile
Old 02-12-2004, 11:34 AM
sovietax
Fire Beetle

Default item loot editor

very nice prog. !'ve used it for alot of Mob's already and i love it. thanx for the Prog its very nice
Old 02-12-2004, 12:00 PM
sandy
Hill Giant

it's cool then =)
thx monrezz nice ideas I will certainly add them ^^
Old 02-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Monrezz
Dragon

Excellent! It's very nice to see people contributing programs to the community, especially when they take the feedback of others and use it to improve what they already have.

Do you have any plans to make other useful programs? :P

Monrezz

kRPG Profile
Old 02-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

I have to say it: This program is awesome!!

Its fast, smooth and intuitive. I am passing it on to Myra right after I finsh posting this.

Great job Sandy!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 01:34 PM
wize_one
Dragon

one more add on?..a way to add coin to them as well.
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Monrezz
Dragon

I would recommend:

• Different options for sorting mobs in zone (race, level, class etc),

Able to filter the list of mobs by race, level, class etc,

Able to set money dropped,

Able to copy loot tables across from one mob to another (drag and drop?),

Able to export loot tables by mob or zone,

Able to run your own SQL Query from within the program using listboxes and fields to set default loot for all mobs. (eg Give all goblins between level 10-20 MiscItems loot set and 20pp). Lets you select all avaliable races, or lets you do it for all mobs in a certain zone etc. This might be a little too much work for too little return, though.

Just a few suggestions, keep up the good work

kRPG Profile
Old 02-12-2004, 02:18 PM
smogo
Discordant

Wow, looks like you're on for busy holidays :lol:

Yes, the program work great, and on linux-wine too.

Happy penguins unite !!! Sry that was off topic.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:32 PM
jimmy6154
Fire Beetle

hey great program but let me throw a wish list out there of something that would be cool in the next version.

With boss mob loot table being not that acurate it would be great to be able to make new loot tables on the fly. Then be able to drag and drop stuff from the old loot table to the new one. That might be really tough or impossable but I was just brain storming one what would be even cooler.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:19 AM
jimmy6154
Fire Beetle

I hav been playing around with this a bit and noticed a few issues/bugs

I was updating plane of innovation. I updated the metal dragon loot table from nothing to what it is supposed to be. I then noticed that it updated the boheamoth and the tin solders with out me doing anything.

lol Now we can't have that happening. Am I doing somethiing wrong? Or is there something I can do to change that.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Oh, and perhaps add a small load bar (or text) so you know if the mob has loot. Atm mobs with a few loot tables take a while to get loaded in, but the screen stays as if it is a mob with no loot (while it loads). Makes it easy to skip over a mob...a simple little text bar that lets you know it's loading something, other then just sitting there doing nothing, would help.

kRPG Profile
Old 02-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Vaelene
Fire Beetle

Fantastic editor. Wish there were more editor types out there as easy to use as this one.
One problem i have noticed is if you add a new set to a mob it updates all the mobs of that type with that set even in other zones.
I created a new set for Gnasher Furgott in qeynos hills giving him the head and note to drop for the quest in surefall glade and it also added the same set to the elite and commander gnolls and all splitpaw gnolls in Blackburrow. When i tried to remove the set from the blackburrow gnolls it also removed the set from Gnasher in Qeynos hills. Other than this minor problem it is a great editor. Hope to see more like it in the future.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:24 PM
sandy
Hill Giant

If you have problems like those of vaelene or jimmy, I think it's because 2 or more npc_type share the same loottable_id
Each npc_type must have a distinct loottable_id else when you update the loottable of one monster, the others that share the same loottable_id are updated too =(

So I recommend you this :
1) delete all the loottables of the npcs that are affected by this bug by removing all sets
2) and just recreate them by adding the good sets, I think it will work because the editor will recreate a new loottable for the npc if he haven't any set already
Old 02-14-2004, 05:40 PM
sandy
Hill Giant

monrezz
you should not have any loading time because it's only sql queries it's really quick
how many sets and items does the npcs you are speaking about have ? i'm curious =)
Old 02-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

The ones that took a while to load had between 30-40 items total, spread across 3 loottables.

I'm running a 2.2Ghz 512RAM, and LootEditor was the only thing open. So the queries do take a while when sorting through that much data

It would be nice if a small bar at the bottom showed when it was performing a query, or how long the query took once completed.

Monrezz

kRPG Profile