Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Davood
Discordant

Your welcome!

Yeah that server idea was fun i have an updated pricing query if you like and.other stuff too
Old 12-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Davood
Discordant

Oh and i have the db if you need.the merchant info
Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Good to go so far. You should log on and check it out!

It is obviously still a work on progress, but it will be my version of that server
and some different tweaks.

An updated pricing query would be baller. E-mail that to me?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

I'd really like to try this server out but I run UF. Any chance you could allow that client to log in?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

No. I don't have that ability at this particular time. It is being looked into and worked on, but I'm not sure at what pace as it's handled through AxClassic. Once they update their repack to automatically support SoD/UF/etc I will have it updated on my server.

Download titanium. It's tiny. It's easy to find. You will NOT be unsatisfied with the server.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Updates: (Since I'm using this as my update/changelog until I can figure out how to host a webpage with said information on it)

Armor merchants in Bazaar are complete (some of the armor on the merchants are still in progress - mostly caster stuff and foci)

Discs are going to be removed from the npc which provides them to you. Certain disciplines will be available shortly and they will be usable by the appropriate classes, i.e. Evasive will be War/Pal/SK and a clicky with a reasonable recast delay.

Enchanter's are fixed. They do not suck here. You have the ability to charm pretty much any mob in the game (minus the obvious types of mobs you aren't going to be able to charm) at a certain point, and depending on how good you are, can really destroy some stuff. Once I get some feedback about it I will then begin my work on Mages, then Necros, etc.

Something that seems to have been only implied (in some of my earlier poorly written posts) and ultimately not made as a key point in the difference between my server and someone else's.(anyone):

My server is economy-based. Everything that is not attainable via content already in the game with the current version of the peq db that I'm using is available for money. Most things are convenient (hub zone is pok(instead of nexus) and main market area would be in Bazaar) but the custom things are right in front of you as soon as you log in. ALSO EVERYTHING has a price. Every single item in the game you could possibly think of and it's in my DB, it has a price that is linear to the quality of gear.

As I progress in putting the content that is not there in place, with assigned loot tables, spawn times, etc, The merchants that sell the gear that was previously unattainable without buying it will be removed from the market area. Players have a big role in forming the economy with certain items which will ultimately be the balancing structure (aside from being in control of how much plat is actually on the server).

For the most part (in case it was not previously mentioned) I'm okay with 3rd party programs. As long as you're not having a negative effective on others around you, or causing my hardware to malfunction (crashing zones purposely, etc) then we are good to go. I welcome anything that makes the game easier, or more fun for you.

With this being written, I'm currently looking for someone to point me in the right direction to know how to host a simple webpage(preferably a forum probably) that gives me the ability to make a post with a changelog in it that I can keep track of and players can follow along and discuss certain changes.

Feedback is appreciated and welcomed. Good or bad! Post it here or petition in game so I can see it while I'm away from the host.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:50 AM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

Fantastic server, Try something different ! Send Artful a tell if you need any help starting out i'll gladly get you going in the right direction!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

http://leetsauce-server.proboards.com/index.cgi?

New boards thanks to Houdeano. You're the man!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 PM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

5 different accounts active today at one time, progress! progress! Come try out Leetsauce!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Make that 7! A few people seem to like it. I really wish more people would give economy based progression a try!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Finally have my server registered on the server list. You can now have a direct link of my forums, and a brief description of the server itself.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:13 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

its not that people dont like your kind of server,

But its the fact no one really uses your client nomore
Old 01-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Yeah I'd probably be playing on it right now if the client was supporting UF.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Sadly, I can't do anything about it.

I'd say it's worth downloading it.

Last night I went through kael, skyshrine, and Thurgadin and changed the quest npc's, turned them into merchants, and made the merchants sell the respective class specific armor.

Otherwise, whenever AxClassic makes their whole installer/setup inclue SoD or UF I will post it here, update my server, and let you all rune loose.

People do seem to like it, thankfully, I just wish more played!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:47 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

i may try to find my titanium discs