Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Also I have deleted all the UI files several times, even deleted the eqclient.ini file and tried that.

The only thing I have not tried to do is to transfer the characters on this account to a different account (via the PEQ database tables), one by one and see if it loads with the characters off the account.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:27 AM
trevius
Developer

Something doesn't make sense here. If you get the same issue when connecting to servers that you haven't ever even played on before, then characters shouldn't even come into the equation. Also, if it works fine on SoD, it should work on UF. The only thing that I know of that could cause an issue like that would be if you are only connecting to server you have played on before and all of the UF builds you are using already have UI files for that account. If one of those UI files are corrupt, it could cause the client to crash. I know you said you already tried deleting all of your UI files, but maybe you aren't aware of all of the different types of UI files and are missing some of them.

My suggestion would be to try a fresh install of UF and see if that works for you.

The only other possibility I can think of is if you are using a 3rd party tool like WinEQ and it has a corrupted file for that account.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Or you are using EQ from a UAC controled folder and Windows is using a hidden copy of your file.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Guys thank you for your help. You helped me figure this out in a round about way...

When I could not get the account to load, I tested it on another server. The server I tested it on is my brother's test server. The test database was just reloaded back from a copy of the production database. So in essence, it was an exact copy of production and when I tried loading that test server, it responded exactly as was happening on our main Halls Havoc server, as it should. Once I realized this, I decided to try the account on one of the primary EQEMU servers. It loaded normally, so that meant it was something specific to our server. In this thread someone mentioned something about characters and gear causing this kind of problem. We have been experimenting with George's ZAM Zone parser to load some zones that don't seem to be populated yet. loaded the OOW zones and went into Anguish with one character to see how it looked. Too many mobs, too few hitpoints, but at least they dropped loot now... THAT was the problem. The loot doesn't appear to be completely set up. Particularly none of the augs had stats and I suspect this is what is causing the problem. I moved the character I explored these OOW zones with over to a different account and the account loaded with UF! Now I will go through that character's gear and delete all pieces that came from OOW zones. Hopefully it will clear up this little mess...

Without your sage advice and statements, I doubt I would have ever thought about this particular possible cause of the problem. One thing I want to say and double underline. I am very impressed by the support this community provides. You guys simply ROCK!

Thank you very, very much!
Rick Hall (Halls Havoc)
Old 11-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

[Mon Nov 19 00:00:00 2012]00057:RenderEffects\SPL/SkinMeshCBS1.fxo is using Technique: SkinMeshCBS1_DX9_VS2_PS20
[Mon Nov 19 00:00:00 2012]00058:RenderEffects\SPL/SkinMeshCBS1_VSB.fxo is using Technique: SkinMeshCBS1_DX9_VS2_PS20

[Mon Nov 19 00:00:00 2012]00095:Loading GlobalDRK_chr

here is how i fixed this error copy SkinMeshCBS1_VSB.fxo to desktop rename file to SkinMeshCBS1.fxo copy back fixed.

here is how i fixed this error GlobalDRK_chr.s3d i pulled the file from an older client. problems solved.

if your having character problems you might start by looking at GlobalLoad.txt,GlobalLoad_chr.txt,NewArmorAdjData. txt, and NewArmorTagData.txt all can be found under Resources

on the computer that crashes goto eqclient.ini at the bottom
[VideoMode]
Width=800
Height=600
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=600
[News]
LastRead=00000000
Automatic=0
[WelcomeScreen]
DetectWelcomeFailure=0
WelcomeTimestamp=1353376052

click on OptionsEditor.exe make sure it's set to same screen size 800x600 you can change it back after your in eq.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
Guys thank you for your help. You helped me figure this out in a round about way...

When I could not get the account to load, I tested it on another server. The server I tested it on is my brother's test server. The test database was just reloaded back from a copy of the production database. So in essence, it was an exact copy of production and when I tried loading that test server, it responded exactly as was happening on our main Halls Havoc server, as it should. Once I realized this, I decided to try the account on one of the primary EQEMU servers. It loaded normally, so that meant it was something specific to our server. In this thread someone mentioned something about characters and gear causing this kind of problem. We have been experimenting with George's ZAM Zone parser to load some zones that don't seem to be populated yet. loaded the OOW zones and went into Anguish with one character to see how it looked. Too many mobs, too few hitpoints, but at least they dropped loot now... THAT was the problem. The loot doesn't appear to be completely set up. Particularly none of the augs had stats and I suspect this is what is causing the problem. I moved the character I explored these OOW zones with over to a different account and the account loaded with UF! Now I will go through that character's gear and delete all pieces that came from OOW zones. Hopefully it will clear up this little mess...

Without your sage advice and statements, I doubt I would have ever thought about this particular possible cause of the problem. One thing I want to say and double underline. I am very impressed by the support this community provides. You guys simply ROCK!

Thank you very, very much!
Rick Hall (Halls Havoc)
Which was why the first thing out of my mouth was "did you try other servers?"

"Other servers" doesn't mean hosted by the exact same person.

Glad you got it figured out regardless.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Uleat
Developer

Riklin, did you get to verify that those items were the cause of the problem?

(It would be nice to be able to tie that error message to a cause.)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-23-2012, 05:48 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

i had something similar happen the problem was when i had set the login server info on the client i used the wrong port [LoginServer] Host=eqemulator.net:5998 this being the port for pre sod login i changed it to [LoginServer] Host=eqemulator.net:5999 and it was fine.