Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Aergad
Banned

not using the public login because we want our players to actually be able to PLAY And NOT have to rely on someone elses up time has NOTHING to do with jumping ship fucktard.

Angelox runs HIS own minilogin server gunna mouth off tohima nd call him a NON supporter too? or the other COUNTLESS people who use minilogin??

Who the hell doyou think you are to mouth off to me like you are you are nothing but a temper tantrum throwing child in a mans body..

Now run along and come back to me when you go get a JOB and act like a REAL adult
Old 03-29-2009, 08:27 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck View Post
-No Flameing / bashing / Trolling
Banned for 1 week for name calling, flaming, trolling and other various reasons. Not to mention this also appears to be classiceq/99er, and 99er is a perma-banned account that was banned for bashing the admins here.

The drama needs to end. I know times are rough right now and that it is frustrating alot of people, but that is still no excuse.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 AM
KingMort
Banned

Oh sir I WILL MOUTH off to you as long as you have zero respect for the community..

As i have said in the last 4 fucking posts you idiot...

I didn't say HAVING Your own Mini Login was bad.. I said Those of you who decide to BOYCOTT EQEMU and decide to do their own thing need to get bent!!!

The Public Login needs to be fixed... People like you have LITTLE to no FAITH whatsoever that it will be fixed...

KLS, DOODMAN will come through you underestimate them and you and many people here are FREAKING out for no reason.....

As usual... honestly that is what you all do ... for the most part.....

These things will be fixed...
Old 03-29-2009, 08:45 AM
KingMort
Banned

I apologize however.. for being so blunt.... To you Angelox, And to Aergad..

I have been with these guys so long.. it actually is my lifestyle.. My life... i know that sounds weird but I have given full effort toward my own project and that is supported by Eqemu and doodman and KLS and every one else who has supported this place including Angelox...

I am BLUNT but you must not hold that against me... That is my way

Sorry Trev for even flaming back to this one... I do know better but some times people really push my buttons ..... I want this community to survive with flying colors just as it always has..

I speak the truth about things but that doesn't mean i don't love you guys !

King
Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
On what planet do you think you have first hand experience here...

You and many of your lackeys have little knowledge of how long things have remained solid here....

To those of you who want to make your own Eqemu "Get fucked in the neck"....

This community is what it is... And not you or anyone will make it otherwise...

AGAIN!!!!!

I love the idea for having our own Login Servers as long as the LOGIN ACCOUNT names go through this community......
Mort, you know I got mad respect for you bro. The reason the LS is the way it is, is due to a lack of interest by the head-admins. I am one of the oldest eqemu active players, "I started in 2003" and I never recall the loginserver EVER getting this bad. I mean, does it really take a over week to transfer to a new host? "that's a question" Yeorwned just transfered server's for his server, and had to migrate forums, and it didn't even take him that long. Having another loginserver isn't splitting the community at all, all it's doing is keeping the players happy. The "community" would still be apart of the main eqemu for support, development, quest writing, etc. I don't think people are realizing that is all Image//Devn00b are trying to do. They aren't stealing the community, they are giving us a stable loginserver with alot of neat features. Their website is eqemu.devn00b.com it even has eqemu in their name. All this drama is dumb. No offense to any of the eqemu leaders, but from what i've read, it seems that you just want total control of everything. I would support u guys 100% if you had something to show for it, but instability is suppost to be a thing of the past when we where chasing live.

PS. We are talking about keeping the community together, well most players are getting fed up with not being able to log in when they want. Way to keep the community together guys.

IF you guys want this drama to stop, give the players what they want, and that's stability.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

edit:eqemu.devnoob.com
Old 03-29-2009, 05:49 PM
lostpeanut00
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Banned for 1 week for name calling, flaming, trolling and other various reasons.
I'm not really on either side of this, just a casual player, but i'm curious where Mort's 1 week ban is. He was clearly doing all of the above also, and having been around as long as he has, he knows it's against the rules.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

Yeorwned> i shipped the server off to the datacenter and fedex fucking dropped it
<aone> wow
<Skynet> aone: fuck you
<Yeorwned> so it would have taken about 3 days tops, but i had a drive rebuild remotely
<Yeorwned> which added a week onto

So I was wrong, he shipped his server box. Which, is imo harder then switching server hosts. AND, he had his box dropped.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:03 PM
trevius
Developer

Aergad has been trolling to start fights like that and get an uproar out of people. Mort just fell for his bait. There are other reasons for his temp ban that I don't really want to get into on the forums, because there has already been enough drama related to him and we don't need more.

I agree that Mort was also out of line, and that he should know better. While he is known to be a bit crazy, Mort is still one of the oldest active members of EQEmu and has done nothing but support the project since he was first involved with it. Aergad has only joined the forums a couple weeks ago and has since started more drama than almost anyone over the past year+. All I want to do is keep the peace.

Also, since Mort is an established and well-known member of the community, I personally don't feel like I have the right to make the decision to even temp ban him on my own. If one of the senior admins wants to do it, then they certainly can. But, I am confident that Mort is not the source of the drama and I don't expect further issues with him anytime soon. For Aergad, I think my ban was warranted since he has only been here a short time and has done nothing but try to push people to the edge. We just don't need the drama and if it takes some damage control to get things back to normal around here, then I don't think there should be any problem with that.

For anyone who was on IRC last night after the Aergad ban, they would have a bit more insight into why he was temp banned. Again, I don't really want to go into the details on it here because it just furthers the drama that I am hoping to stop. I don't ban people lightly. I didn't even know I had access to ban until last night :P
Old 03-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Quote:
While he is known to be a bit crazy, Mort is still one of the oldest active members of EQEmu and has done nothing but support the project since he was first involved with it.
So wtf has he done to support the community? I'm having a hard time with this one since I've yet to find anyone who had something good to say...20% of his posts are flames at someone who disagrees with him. I guess simply keeping a server on the list qualifies as support these days.

Nice quote there Aonelyn. haha
Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 PM
trevius
Developer

By "support", I don't mean he has helped the project in any way. I just mean that he has been supportive of the decisions that the team makes. As I said, he is a little crazy sometimes, but he is pretty harmless and seems to generally have good intentions even if misunderstandings do occur from time to time. Again, I just don't feel like I have the right to make the decision to ban him without discussing it with other members of the team. Personally, I think there would be very little need to ban him even temporarily and I don't think there is really even a reason to get into a big discussion on it.

If you really think he deserves to be banned, or if you feel that I was in the wrong in any way, feel free to contact any of the admins of the project and bring this issue to their attention. We try to be pretty lenient around here, especially now with the frustrations everyone is going through. But, there still has to be a line drawn to keep order around here where needed. This is just my opinion on the matter and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Mort started this thread just to say he was backing the team. I think that is a positive post. Why would he deserve to be flamed for trying to be positive?

Last edited by trevius; 03-30-2009 at 02:26 AM..
Old 03-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Quote:
feel free to contact any of the admins of the project and bring this issue to their attention
They're all retired.

Quote:
Why would he deserve to be flamed for trying to be positive?
The login server is trying to be positive but everyone is flaming the poor login server for trying its best~ we need to keep the playing field even and not pick favorites. Afterall, the login server has to fight over that 256MB of memory!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:34 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeormom View Post
They're all retired.
KLS and Cavedude are our current, active, Administrators. There are a few others that stop in from time-to-time, but those 2 are active on a daily basis. They have been especially quite lately, but I assume it is because they are hard at work for a solution to our issues. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to stay clear of the drama. I am also sure that they are getting bugged non-stop through PMs and what-not about the LS issues, account issues, etc etc.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:37 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Welcome to PEQEmu
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 03-30-2009, 10:10 AM
KingMort
Banned

Sorry Devn00b I would rather have PEQ run this than your dumb ass....

To the people of this project who I offended.. I apologize it's been long awaiting my time to show how I truly feel about this project...

KLS and DOODMAN have every right to keep th is project alive and they will do so...

You people who have jumped ship you want to ban me... That's fine , however hear me now... You have no loyalty just like many of the people before you...

Gain some heart... support what really matters and that's EQEMU... We have all done this far too long to sit by and let this project go to dust...

Now that I have said that listen to this:

You guys are all very great , if it takes some one like me to stir your emotions and make you take action then so be it.....

I have nothing against anyone in the end in this community... I would just like to see everyone work together and make this project fly....

If you want me to take the lead... As Cocky as I am (you all know it) that is exactly what it takes ... KLS and Doodman are great people and have supported this thing on their own back for too long this needs to be a COMMUNITY EFFORT <---------------------

Do not jump ship, do not be weak... If you fall in to the will of petty hackers then you yourself are as weak and stupid as them.....

Jordan "King" Mortenson
Owner - www.raidaddicts.org

PS: Think ......... KLS and Doodman NEED YOUR SUPPORT GDI <-------------------

This is the time to give it they are working VERY hard to make this project work like it should despite stupid hackers (if thats really the case)

GIVE your full attention now or you are NOT worthy ... none of you....

I AM MORTENSON