Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-18-2003, 02:29 PM
DannMann99
Hill Giant

Some people with their crazy posts.

I have been here for a looooooong time and even I dont speak 'on behalf of the devs'. Maybe if iwas a dev i could but... lets face it, neither of us are devs. Also, i post questions and i get answers, you just have to not say: "(fill in the blank) happens to my Eq, SOMEONE HELP"
It is just improbable that an answer can be had from information like that. Please take a look at my post asking for info on a unrelated emu problem but it was a problem i was having with my eq, i provided adequate info so someone was able to respond with an adequate answer. You'd be suprised at how many people dont know answers to vague questions.
Plus its stupid posts like these that will get people to not like you. I bet you still haven't read the FAQ's or the guide, but hey.

(heres that link for my post http://www.everquestserver.com/forum...ic.php?t=11123)

I have done everything with the emu, and i very rarely needed to ask for help in any situation with it, and im not like... a computer programmer or a genius or something. Just read the darn guide. Most of the questions can be answered there, and what cant can probably be answered in the FAQ section.

But hey. My rant is over.

[/url]
Old 11-18-2003, 03:17 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Im not sure what kinda kudo's you are looking for saying you work with TCS's db. He is nor is his db a part of the EQEMu dev team.

yes we get sick of stupid people, people that a) cant read b) dont want to read c) to dumb to use search. There is no reason to ask the same question that has been answered 12389120391023801928309123 times and is verifyable via the serch button (located at the top of yer screen btw for all the n00bies reading).

Ask a dumb question, EXPECT a dumb answer. its just that simple.

by you posting a thread like this its asking for trouble. You trying to speak for me/us (devs) makes you look even more dumb. wow you have been here since 4.0 yer special...ive been arround since (1.2 or 1.7 or somthing) wow im special? you tell me.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 11-18-2003, 03:29 PM
DannMann99
Hill Giant

...i think your special
Old 11-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Eshry
Sarnak

How long you've been around means little, how much you know means more, how much you've helped means the most.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:29 PM
rubyrhinosaur
Sarnak

blah blah .... errrr, blah
anyways, doesnt make me a dev, uhm, wasnt saying i was special, look through post and stop making ass of yourself, what else, errr... yea, i dont care. im just trying to tell the new people that there is hope out there, yadda yadda, get bitch slapped for it... ugh, i give up
there
happy?
i promise i wont try to help anyone, because thats what we all want
Old 11-19-2003, 03:00 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Ruby, I don't think you're a bad person, but I think you're attacking a beast that is necessary. I would prefer if mattmeck had the patience that Shawn319 had, but we can't pick and choose who supports people. The only way to pick and choose is if we do it ourselves.

I appreciate tcsmyworld's database, and I think in the past that he has been invaluable. I also think that what mattmeck does is invaluable. What you do, again, is invaluable. There are a lot of useful people out there. We must accept the fact that because we don't pay them, we can't force them to behave themselves when they do us a favor. All we can do is this: reject them, remove them, or accept it. Your choice of rejection is a valid one, but it doesn't change anything.

Poor newbies... At least someone answers their post.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:02 AM
mattmeck

I do have good news tho.......
Old 11-19-2003, 06:46 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
I do have good news tho.......
Saved a lot of money on your car insurance?
Old 11-19-2003, 06:49 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Quote:
Saved a lot of money on your car insurance?
LOL.. I think we share the same sense of humor...
Old 11-19-2003, 06:53 AM
mattmeck

Whats funny is, that is exactly what i was going to say if anyone asked what good news :lol:
Old 11-19-2003, 06:54 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Scorpious, your signature bugs me more and more when I read it!

If I WERE humble, I'd be perfect. This is subjunctive, as in a situation that is not real. You are not humble, so if you WERE humble, you'd be perfect.

Sorry... *removes stick from ass* My english teacher was too good, and it made me an elitist jackass. I just couldn't control it.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:18 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Guest03
if you WERE humble, you'd be perfect
Thanks, I think so to.

Some things take time, but the wait is worth it.

Quote:
My english teacher was too good, and it made me an elitist jackass. I just couldn't control it.
No problems, it's been a long time since I have been around people who speak english; I've lived in Alabama for 15 years.

As for sharing a sense of humor with Trumpcard and Mattmeck... from what I have read, I'm afraid its true. Feel free to deny it to save your own reputations though. I won't tell.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:23 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Feel free to deny it to save your own reputations though. I won't tell.
Heck im alreay Infamous this cant change that too much
Old 11-19-2003, 07:40 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I just don't care...LOL....
Old 11-19-2003, 07:55 AM
rubyrhinosaur
Sarnak

whats wierd is i didnt think anyone would reply to this thread, good to see that people have some good characteristics with their public dealings as well, as err, others....