Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Default What's your favorite video game?

I just read an article where a bunch of older games were shown to kids to get their reaction. (article here: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager....mp;cId=3137498 )

First, it made me feel my age (in a big way), but it also made me wonder why we get attached to certain games and what others might think of them. So, just for fun, I figured I'd start a thread about what games hold some special meaning or nostalgia for us.

I've been a video junkie for ages, but I'd have to say my all-time favorite game is Robotron. Williams Electronics had a team that was truly inspired and they consistently made games that were fun to play. For me, Robotron was the best -- it was fun, addictive, and it flat-out kicked your ass. Every time you plunked in a quarter you knew you were in for a serious butt-whooping, but it was still fun. Whenever anyone asks me if classic games were any good I always point them at the insanity that is Robotron :P