Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-19-2003, 01:41 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

1st off, people arent using the patcher the correct way..

You should NEVER trust the patcher to patch you EVERY SINGLE time, if you patch, and can log into EQEMU with it, then you should MAKE A COPY OF THAT EQ DIRECTORY FOR USE PLAYING EQEMU AND NEVER PATCH AGAIN...

The patcher will get you running, but its only a matter of time between live and eqemu patching that it's just not going to work anymore. Everyone that stays on eqemu does that, and I hate that the patcher has forced the community in general to believe that they can flipflop between LIVE and EQEMU on the same client merrily with no worries, it just doesnt work that way..

So here is my advice for those of you using the patcher and it still works..

BACKUP YOUR EQEMU client directory, and play EQEMU from there, and dont use the patcher anymore unless you have to fix that new directory.

If your eqemu client is working just fine, there is no need for you to run the patcher everytime to start the game, you are just risking something getting screwed up..

Take it how you like it , but if you dont have at least 2 copies of EQ on your drive, you are asking for trouble, and eventually you will just be locked out.

I havent had any problems with my client files in months. Its because I always play from the same folder for EQEMU, and never patch it, EVER! When the emulator is ready for the latest patch, we'll tell everyone.

I think the patcher is causing more problems than its fixed, we really need to remove it from being downloadable. The developer that released it hasnt been heard from in a couple of months, so we have no-one to work on it or support it at this time, I'm not even sure the dev team has access to the source code for it.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:48 AM
Mauritius
Sarnak

i have 5 backups, each one working with a specific version of eqemu
Old 03-19-2003, 02:32 AM
Anakin
Fire Beetle

Trumpcard im trying to patch my first everquest for eqemu, but i cant.....
Old 03-19-2003, 02:33 AM
Anakin
Fire Beetle

Trumpcard im trying to patch my first everquest for eqemu, but i cant.....
Old 03-19-2003, 03:38 AM
agentlogun
Fire Beetle

thanks for the replies, but i dont play eq live at all, only eqemu, and i cant find anyother way to get into eqemu to play without the patcher, so i am gonna have to sift through all your readme's etc to see if i missed sumthing...
Old 03-19-2003, 03:39 AM
agentlogun
Fire Beetle

thanks for the replies, but i dont play eq live at all, only eqemu, and i cant find anyother way to get into eqemu to play without the patcher, so i am gonna have to sift through all your readme's etc to see if i missed sumthing...
Old 03-19-2003, 03:41 AM
agentlogun
Fire Beetle

Old 03-19-2003, 03:41 AM
agentlogun
Fire Beetle

Old 03-19-2003, 04:05 AM
agentlogun
Fire Beetle

oops i thought the page wasnt loading soz for the spam hehe
Old 03-19-2003, 04:21 AM
cmchoffa
Fire Beetle

Default Cannot connect to patch server

First off Obi needs to chill out.

I'm having the same issue.

I was on yesterday 3 or 4 different times then logged off for the night. I'm trying to connect now and I get a "cannot connect to patch server error" for about the last 2hrs.

Is there a fix or is the patch server down?

Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:27 AM
joshkincheloe
Sarnak

Try to uninstall the patcher and then redownload it and install again. I had this problem myself and doing this fixed it right away.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:09 AM
DarksideKarma
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpcard
1st off, people arent using the patcher the correct way..

You should NEVER trust the patcher to patch you EVERY SINGLE time, if you patch, and can log into EQEMU with it, then you should MAKE A COPY OF THAT EQ DIRECTORY FOR USE PLAYING EQEMU AND NEVER PATCH AGAIN...

The patcher will get you running, but its only a matter of time between live and eqemu patching that it's just not going to work anymore. Everyone that stays on eqemu does that, and I hate that the patcher has forced the community in general to believe that they can flipflop between LIVE and EQEMU on the same client merrily with no worries, it just doesnt work that way..

So here is my advice for those of you using the patcher and it still works..

BACKUP YOUR EQEMU client directory, and play EQEMU from there, and dont use the patcher anymore unless you have to fix that new directory.

If your eqemu client is working just fine, there is no need for you to run the patcher everytime to start the game, you are just risking something getting screwed up..

Take it how you like it , but if you dont have at least 2 copies of EQ on your drive, you are asking for trouble, and eventually you will just be locked out.

I havent had any problems with my client files in months. Its because I always play from the same folder for EQEMU, and never patch it, EVER! When the emulator is ready for the latest patch, we'll tell everyone.

I think the patcher is causing more problems than its fixed, we really need to remove it from being downloadable. The developer that released it hasnt been heard from in a couple of months, so we have no-one to work on it or support it at this time, I'm not even sure the dev team has access to the source code for it.
Hey Hoffa, it's Pin (PS You suck, Melissa is out sick today too). I got the same thing this morning when I tried to log in. Now for the post above. My appologies if i'm not understanding this. You say if you get the Patcher to run once great but don't run it after that. How exactly do you run EQ without going through the patcher? Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,

Teh Nuck
Old 03-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

you either use EQW (eqwindows) or you execute everquest from the command line with 'eqgame patchme'
Old 03-19-2003, 11:12 AM
DarksideKarma
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpcard
you either use EQW (eqwindows) or you execute everquest from the command line with 'eqgame patchme'
C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme

if that's the case it doesn't recognize "patchme" at the end of it. I want to make sure i'm inputting it correctly.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:22 AM
joshkincheloe
Sarnak

start -> run -> "%PathToEqDirectory%\eqgame" patchme -> press enter.

That should do it.