Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Yohkoh
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcsbane View Post
I would first like to state how great the bots are, and what good work you are doing.

But, I am having issues with them. I have pretty much zero experience with C++ and SQL, and am kind of bumbling my way through. I tried compiling the Source and Build with eqemu build 992, but it failed every time on World, Zone, ppconvert, eqlaunch, and charmove. Pretty much the only one that would compile right for me was EMuShareMem. After getting frustrated, I simply copied the eqoffline files directly into my EQEmu server folder, and gave it a test run. The bots work great, but a lot of other things are buggy (which is expected, I suppose, since I couldn't compile the stuff), e.g. groups no longer work with other player characters (only with bots) and raid groups don't function at all, random crashes, and odd bot behavior. Is there a download of the compiled eqemu/eqoffline files somewhere that might work better than what I have going on since I cannot seem to compiled them into working order myself?
I was having the same issues. This link helped me.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:15 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

When I was telling a bot to join a raid group I had to add the three 0's onto the group leaders name to get the bot to join their group. For example, if I had added War_Jill as raid group 2 leader and wanted to add Cleric_Bessie to War_Jill's group I would have to type #bot raid invite group bot War_Jill000. At least that is what worked for me last night.

In addition the bot's I created at level 52 and then updated did not update their spells lists from their level 1 spells until i updated them and then zoned.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

sonicvt> Adding the zeros at the end of the name is a normal thing because the name of the bot is the name of its entity.

Concerning the update, are you using the last version ?
#bot update has been fixed recently so you don't have to zone anymore to get the new spells.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

I'm using the version linked off of your EQOffline webpage which currently says version 1.03c.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Yohkoh
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
Updates: v1.03d

http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar

-- new command added "#bot debug spells <target>" : it will show the 16 spells loaded in the bot spells list.
-- the command "#bot inventory remove <slotID>" should now remove the item from the target bot inventory. This item pops on the client's cursor. This way, he can gives it to an other bot.

Drakelord>
If you want to create the npc_spells_entries with the same spells per level as clients, you have to create a new entrie per class into the npc_spells table.
For example: Bot_Druid with an ID that will be autoincremented.

Then, you have to enter the full spell line into the npc_spells_entries table.
In this one, you can see the column :
- id: unique id per entrie
- npc_spells_id: that will be the ID of you Bot_Druid ID (in the npc_spells table)
- spellid: ID of the spell
- type: type of the spell (1= nuke, 2=heal, 4=root, 8=buff, 16=escape, 32=pet, 64=lifetap, 128=snare, 256=dot)
- minlevel and maxlevel: level range where the spell will be casted. (maxlevel can be set to 255 for some spells that are always usefull like resist spells)
- manacost: -1 by default
- recast_delay= -1 by default
- priority: if you plan to make this table so the bot have exactly the same spells as clients with the right levels range, you can set it to 1.

Note that a bot can have a maximum of 16 spells in its spells list. Some casters don't have 16 spells per new spell level range. In this case, you will have to deal with level range so it can learn some of the previous spells.

For example, we have a level 8 mage bot.
In the npc_spells_entries table you have added the level 8-12 mage spells. But it doesn't have 16 spells to learn in this range. Let's say 6 slots are free, you want that you bot can learn some of the lvl4-8 spells to complete thoses free slots. You would have to set a higher maxlevel for thoses spells.

My english seems to suck a lot and I'm sorry about that. I hope that I've explained correctly how it works...

Mag
What happened to version v1.03d? I down loaded the binaries the day you posted it. Yesterday I compiled the latest from the Web site and I noticed differences. Like when the bot's buff in the version I compiled, everyone in the group get buff at the same time instead one at a time (NICE). But when I do a trade with a bot I get disconnected from the server and have to re-log.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:53 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

I got the bot raid commands working but they are very tedious even with hotkeys as they require you to target yourself for some of them and type the raid group leaders name for others.

Is there any way that the bot attack, follow and guard commands that are used for the single group orientation could be applied to ALL the raid groups as well. The more specific raid commands would still work and override the simple bot group commands but I find it pain to have to target each raid group leader and make them attack my raid target, especially if there is only one such target (Nagfen or Vox), or follow me when I'm worried about repops. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:54 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

To give order to your raid, you have to make macros.

Concerning version, the actual one is 1.3e. ( http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar )
The last final version of eqoffline will be 1.4 and I have a good number of bugs to resolve before I release it. That will take some time..
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-24-2007, 09:13 PM
ShadowVax
Fire Beetle

Default im a true noob :(

I've read all the pages of this thread and it really looks like a great addition to the Eqemu. Problem is im a true noob to this. I've installed off of the server pack 3.6 and I've put your binaries into my EqEmu folder. Now my only problem is I dont fully understand how to add the new Tables into mysql. I usually dont even have MySql running when i launch my server. I just play Emulator for something to do when im bored of EQ Live and/or Beta. These bots would help keep things interesting. I currently Use MySqlCC and Navicat to edit the tables but im clueless as to adding tables and what not to make these bots work. A good step by step tutorial on your website would be excellent or someone who is able to help me would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks in advacne

-ShadowVax
Old 08-25-2007, 12:59 AM
ShadowVax
Fire Beetle

as an update. I managed to figure out how to add those tables added but the end part of those wouldnt go through.

ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1; wouldnt go through on my query so Im guessing that might be my problem with not being able to get any bots at all ive tried combos of the zone and world exe's and nothing seems to work. even when i do #bot help it says that ocmmand is not recognized. I also havent figured out how to source that spell_routine file on your site yet. I've been looking all night and havent really figured it out. Most of the wiki's dont seem to be working on the main site. Any help would be greatly appreciated =)

-ShadowVax
Old 08-25-2007, 01:46 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Server Pack 3.6 is a bit outdated. It uses MySQL 4.x, while I believe EQOffline uses 5.x. At least that's what I use. Also, get the latest database from the PEQ-CVS or something related.

EDIT: Also, make sure you are using WorldDebug.exe instead of world and ZoneDebugPerl.exe instead of Zone.exe
Old 08-25-2007, 06:23 PM
ShadowVax
Fire Beetle

Default weird problem

alright i managed to get everything installed correctly. I made my bots. I had 4 zonedebugperl's running so that i have a little cushion when i zone. i went to bastion of thunder, and numerous other zones. Spawn my bots, add them to group. Let them buff and med. Pull a mob. And as soon as bots start to attack mob. Zone crashes. Is there a fix to this or am i just doing somethin wrong?

-ShadowVax
Old 08-26-2007, 01:52 PM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

When raiding with the bots if the leader of a raid group (not raid leader obviously) dies the bots in its' group no longer respond to commands, I'm guessing since the raid commands require you to call out the raid group leaders name.

Is there any way that if the leader of a raid group dies the 2nd bot in the group becomes the leader? When I tried to remove the bots from the raid group without a leader the game would sometimes crash.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:49 PM
rayman121985
Sarnak

Its probably been said already...but have yall made this to work with the eqemu repack....if so let me know...I am not that smart in this area of programming but if I can drop it into the folder and follow some simple steps I am sure I could get it working! It would be great to have some bots to help me on my offline server...

thanks mates,

::rayman::
Old 08-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Yohkoh
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
To give order to your raid, you have to make macros.

Concerning version, the actual one is 1.3e. ( http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar )
The last final version of eqoffline will be 1.4 and I have a good number of bugs to resolve before I release it. That will take some time..
Is the Source up to date? When I compile the latest source from the Web Site, I get a Zone disconnect when I do a trade. Comparing the downloaded binaries with the compiled source code, It fails after the bot is updated with the new weapon and never gets to where the bot says 'Thank you for this item, leader.'
Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Yohkoh> The sources are not up-to-date, only the binaries are.

sonicvt> Yes, I've noticed that also. I will make it so if the group leader dies, an other grouped bot will become the group's leader. Then you will do "#bot raid info" to show who it is.
-- EQoffline/bots
Closed Thread