Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

I would like to announce that [Alpha Phase I] should go live this weekend. I would like to remind everyone that during this time, you will be able to access the following content:

The Destruction Hub Zone
All Destruction Classes
All zones up to Tier 1
All spells up to Tier 1
All gear up to Tier 1

Introducing,

Assassin Abilities

Augury of Death
- Effect 1: Increase Melee Damage
Black Mantis Thrust
- Effect 1: Direct Damage
Black Spider Strike
- Effect 1: Direct Damage
- Effect 2: Damage over Time
Critical Defences
- Effect 1: Increase Attack
- Effect 2: Increase Armor Class
Dancing Daggers
- Effect 1: Haste
Heart of Shadow
- Effect 1: Increase Critical Chance
Precision of Shadow
- Effect 1: Increase Chance to Hit

Class Ability:
Silent Stab
- Effect 1: Nausea

** Please Note: Only 1 of these spells can be active at a time. (Critical Defenses, Dancing Daggers, Heart of Shadow, Precision of Shadow)
Old 11-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

We are awaiting one of our Developers (silly Psepheryx) to wake up and finish scripts, and then a quick run through. I expect Alpha Phase I to begin no later then tomorrow morning. We have all items completed, all spells, and about 90% of the mobs completed.

We will make a follow up post on when it is opened.

We do apologize for taking so long.

Update 1; The scripts are completely done, items the same, spells the same. We have a couple VERY small things to do, then the server is going to be unlocked, and located near the top of the list. I will update you when it is live.

Update 2; All of the REQUIRED files for our server has been updated. Click here to obtain custom files.

Update 3; Jahar and I are going through and testing everything. So far, it appears Mystic is having the most problem soloing... We're changing the spells around now, so if you download the spell file NOW you will have to re-download them.

Update 4; Defiler OP, enough said. :P Gave the nerf stick HARD to Defilers. Like, their pet was able to solo everything. No longer possible. Haha.. Server going to be open after we're finished with this zone, as unless you 6 box. It's going to take a while soloing all of it. =).
Old 11-24-2013, 06:09 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

The Server Name is !!!Custom!!! Uthra's Progression Server with the tag of Alpha.

We would like to welcome everyone to Uthra's Progression Server. At this time. We are open for Alpha Phase I!

This Alpha has an upexpected duration.

At this time you are able to do the following.
-You are able to 6 box currently. (This could change in the future.)
-Achieve R. I and R. II spells.
-Traverse Zone 1.
-Attempt (Yes, attempt.) all bosses.
-Achieve all gear through Zone 1.
-We are only using Visable slot items for Alpha. When Beta is opened, all Visable and Non-Visable slots will be introduced.

A couple notes before you get started with us. This is not meant to be a solo server. While you may be able to solo "trash" mobs. Do not expect to be able to kill everything by yourself, unless you are boxing. During this Alpha Phase you are asked to report any bugs/exploits with /guidehelp that we may have overlooked. During testing we ran into some problems with later zones, after they are fixed they will be released. (Could happen at any moment.)

For Alpha testing a few things have been raised and timers reduced to allow quicker kills, and progression through the zones, once we are out of Alpha the rest rate will go down, and have a very small 'kick-in' time before it activates.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO GRAB OUR CUSTOM FILES FROM THE WEBSITE OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE SERVER TO IT'S FULLEST EXTENT. THANK YOU AND HAVE FUN!

------------------

A Note from the head Developer - Everthing in zone 1 has been tested by every class. While some excel, and others lack. Once you've obtained a full set of gear, and all spells possible, it is highly possible to solo(meaning ONE CHARACTER NOT TWO) the first mini-boss which will allow a chance at R. II spells. This server as stated above is NOT meant to be soloed. If you want to 6 box, be my guest, just know, that's 6 toons to gear and get spells for.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Damn man, six box? Screw that.. I'd be on Shards of Dalaya if I wanted that
Old 11-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

You do not have to six box. I played through as a couple different classes and did just fine.

Though, I can say if I did 6 box. I'd be able to clear everything, no problem. Heck, I bet I could do it with 3 boxes.

In-fact I two boxed most the stuff. The last boss of the zone I couldn't sadly. To much hectic stuff going on, it's a bit of a struggle, but player database will help us even out, and work out kinks that are in the server.

As with every server launch, there are bound to be mob to high hit-points, to high damage, or whatever.

Alpha//Beta people will be rewarded for trying the server, as per usual.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Cannot progress past the Hub zone, Currently the general ports you, But it kicks you to Arena instead of Temple of Marr, If you die you go back to the orignal load in zone " No soul binder in destruction hub" and no gate item to get back to hub.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Correction, Server will be locked, until a bug is fixed.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

There is a gate item back to the hub, I merely forgot to put it on the vendor, that was completely my bad, and I do apologize. Far as the soul binder, that skipped my mind as well. Thank you for your quick feedback, I will update it as soon as possible, again I apologize.

As well, it appears I have the zone locked to level 51. I thought that was removed, and that was completely my bad, yet again. This will be fixed in a matter of minutes. Terribly sorry, was working hard on the server last night, forgot the little things.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Fix the bug, im bored as fuck

Old 11-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Soul Binder is up.
Zones are unlocked.
Gate item added.
Base Movement speed inside Shadow Spine has been raised from normal to x2 the speed, as well. 'Safe spot' has been updated to in front of Valdis.

Server has been unlocked and restarted. Bugs are fixed, sorry once again.

Again, I'm terribly sorry, I was so excited to get it running last night, that with my excitement, I had forgotten a couple of essential things. xD

Update; I forgot. I made it 15 zones instead of 5 too... Lol.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

warlord cant scribe discs, only battle stance. others dont show

and mystic haste (bloodlust) doesnt work

bosses dont drop anything other than the normal trash items.

2h weapon vs dual 1h is terrible. Might wanna increase the ratio on the 2handers

Fully geared 2box with healer on macro can't take down left wing bosses. Probably if I threw a 2nd healer It'd be close.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

use right click on the squares instead of going into the list and you can see them.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorkinal View Post
use right click on the squares instead of going into the list and you can see them.
Not quite sure what is wrong there, to be honest. It's probably because of the Database update. I gotta do that eventually.

Maze;

I'm fixing Bloodlust, I had it fixed, but for some reason it decided to be all screwy. I'm doing a server reset tonight, which will imply loot table fixes, a couple spell changes and what not.

We'll look at ratio of weapons... thanks again for feedback.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

**With all new patch notes, we recommend obtaining new spell files to make up for the changes we've made.**

We thank all of you for your guys feed back, it's been great having a ton of people play through! With the release of zone 2, we will be putting the nerf stick to Shade of Acaea (The last boss needed to enter zone 2), as we've seen Tiggy and his group of 4 people take him down, but just barely, we will be adjusting the Shade's damage. His hitpoints will remain the same, and Peria's damage will be adjusted a little bit as well.

We've added patch notes to our website, which is in my signature of exactly what changed.

Zone 2 will be 100% live and fixed tonight, the previous zone we were using was WAY to buggy for us to continue to use, which is why it wasn't opened with the server.

Rune-Casters got the most love, as I've seen a large number of Rune-Casters inform me that they are not able to solo trash because Writ of Cold was on a to long of a recast, and it was resisted to much. They can now solo trash mobs, easy enough.

However, Warlords can be said they got some love too, there was a bug with their discs, it wouldn't show in the window. We've gone and fixed it. They should show just fine!

Edit 1; Well, now the Warlords are fixed, go ahead and obtain new spell file. Lol.

Edit 2; Due to IRL issues (Grand Father was involved in a wreck), Zone 2 is being pushed until TOMORROW. I apologize.

Edit 3; Random loot will be added to bosses, (This will take effect once Z2 is out.) We're updating the database, we've found three reasons why the server has been crashing, and we are going to fix them with this update. We do apologize for the down time, but it will be back up soon. =)...
Old 11-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I downed shade with 3 people. First. Therefore I>all