Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:59 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

I don't know what to say, again.

I don't wish to go around in circles too much more in a public forum.

I also don't want to think out loud by speaking anecdotes and create more confusion.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

I don't mind looking stupid. Someone at some point is going to run into the same problem as I'm having and instead of spending a week trying to figure it out, will google it and find the eventual fix in minutes and be playing. I can't tell you how many problems I've had I just googled and fixed and was on my way. These forums are a goldmine, I think of it has contributing.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:31 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

That is more important than looking stupid or wasting a few bytes of space, I agree.

I enjoy problem solving, particularly when I know little of the problem. Solving it is that much more rewarding.

I don't know what else to ask. They would be stabs in the dark.

If it were my problem, I would set it up to use login.eqemulator.net first to make sure the server functions.

It's a process of elimination and, unfortunately, your problem seems to require this process.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

I actually did that at first, and the server shows up on the list, but I was never able to log in. That's when I figured I would work on it internally and see what the real problem was.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:48 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Creating you own loginserver is ADDING more steps. EQemu is kinda like the control, it "always" works.

Changing the config file for a LAN AFTER you know your server works is very easy.

I'm no expert but, this new revelation has a possibility of being the culprit.

Get in game from eqemu and go from there!
Old 08-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Uleat
Developer

There's a lot of information to digest when setting up a server, for sure...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-18-2015, 07:46 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

People ask where my hair went.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Instead of manually entering queries for this problem table, why not just run the load_login.sql file? You can hand edit that before running it via sql command prompt to place in your name/password and the short and long server names. Since the password is SHA'd anyway this would skip a problem step.. hell if you want, PM me your details (Name, password, Server Long name, Server description, server short name) and I'll edit the files, zip em and you can try that. Worked a treat for me when I was a greenie smashing my head against the local loginserver.

Disclaimer - I've only loosely followed this thread, so I may be off base. I'll check back in a few, got dinner going right now.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

UPDATE: Ok, I was using the incorrect query to register the server. Posting this here for anyone in the future who has this issue. The correct query is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warkral
Well, its going through with no errors, but still no love, not working:

Ok..I think I see what you need here.

You're looking to create a server admin account..but, the script you are using is for world server creation.

On this table you have linked, I would just enter the information manually at this point.

Right-click and add a new row..then start with `AccountName` and move right.

To edit a cell, you have to hit enter.

Account Name/Password must be valid since these will be used in the config file.

First/Last Name and Email can be anything (Tom Wilson?) since this is for admin use and I hope you wouldn't need to send yourself an email telling you something is wrong :P

RegistrationDate, just hit enter and the current date should appear.

RegistrationIPAddress, enter the server's LAN IP address.

If you prefer queries:
Code:
INSERT INTO `tblserveradminregistration` (`AccountName`, `AccountPassword`, `FirstName`, `LastName`, `Email`, `RegistrationDate`, `RegistrationIPAddr`) VALUES ('Ack', 'Ack', 'Mars', 'Attacks', 'mars.attacks@ackack.com', now(), '127.0.0.1')
Old 08-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Still working on actually connecting. I've ruled out the config file and am now thinking its a network issue. I've checked my ports (Forwarding) a dozen times and changed setting in the config and login files at least 50 times with no luck. Turning my virus protection (Kaspersky) off on one or both computers didn't work, windows firewall is off, so the list to troubleshoot is getting smaller and smaller with no connection being made, even locally. The LAN won't even connect to the server. Might be a Windows 10 issue I have to research tonight.

I have to give ULEAT a TON of props and my thanks. He has logged on with me every single night for the last week and spend hours and near a 100 PM's attempting to help me resolve this issue. I can't thank him enough.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

FIXED!

Turns out it was a Windows issue. The server computer was running Win7 and client computers running Win10. Apparently upon installing 10 it created a new network and placed both client computers on that network and the server computer was on another network. I figured the easiest thing to do was go ahead and upgrade the server computer to 10 while its free and problem was solved.

Hope this helps someone in the future!