Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Xeptix
Fire Beetle

sounds like a problem w/ your particular server capbob, try setting the starting point for all characters to nexus or some similar safe zone like gfay, it might force a bypass on the DR4 tutorial that it seems all servers are trying to do
Old 05-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

to those of you having problems editing your eqhost.txt file, I have uploaded mine to the server, so hopefully this one will work for you.

http://www.eqemulator.net/eqhost.txt

just right click and save to your everquest directory
Old 05-29-2004, 03:05 AM
Geppen
Fire Beetle

i kno other people are having the same problem as me but no1 has really given a straight forward answer. i am patched up to the 26th, i have the right eqhost.txt, i am trying to log into a DR-4 server, (greenleaf), but i can get to the character screen and try to log on my characters and i just get booted back to the account log in screen
Old 05-29-2004, 03:22 AM
Wandiwen234
Fire Beetle

Seems like alot of people are having the same prob that I was having. But I tried something and it worked .

Normal EQhost.txt:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqlplogin1.everquest.com:15900

When adding the EQemu one I just erased the everquest.com:15900 and put eqemulator.net:5995 in its place. Bam, no more crashing =). Hope this helped someone.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:26 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

Their problem is different, they can log into the Login Server fine, they are having trouble logging into a server to play on. I doubt that is related to the eqhost.txt file, but I am not sure what is causing it besides possibly problems with 5.7-DR4
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 05-29-2004, 07:02 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I've gotten a few disconnects when trying to enter the world as RangerDown on PEQ-TGC. But not on Green Leaf. Then I remembered something...

I didn't create my character on Green Leaf till after the introduction of DR4... but RangerDown has been on PEQ for some time now. So, I went back to PEQ and created a new character, and boom... now I can enter.

Did the data structure of player info change with this new client?
Old 05-29-2004, 10:59 AM
thedammz
Sarnak

i crash at login screen im patched to 27 and my eqhost is
[LoginServer]Host=eqemulator.net:5995 all one line its on readme or what ever i put in my login name and password and just go to desktop what do i do.
edit used es eqhost he posted got it to work just no servers where up
Old 05-29-2004, 06:11 PM
animepimp
Dragon

It shouldn't be all on one line. It should be
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5995
Read the tutorials.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:40 AM
JeremySun
Fire Beetle

Default Help Please

I've Tried to edit the eqhost to read:

[LoginServer]

but everytime I try to log in eq downloads a new eqhost and then I edit it again. I get to the login and then it crashes.. I made my patchme shortcut, just can't seem to get pass the log-in. Any pointers please?
Old 06-01-2004, 08:25 AM
animepimp
Dragon

This happens when the format is wrong, you need to make sure there are no extra spaces at the end of the lines and then set the file to read only. Also make sure your shortcut points to eqgame.exe.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Windamir
Fire Beetle

Okay i patched to live. changed my eqhost by just typing in the host text. changed it to read only and i still get booted back to the desktop after i enter my name and password and click login.
What else do i need to? How do i create a file using wordpad?
Old 06-01-2004, 11:49 AM
JeremySun
Fire Beetle

Default Still not working

I made my shortcut target to read:
"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
and my eqhost to read:
[LoginServer]

And after I enter my eqemu account info and then click on login I get booted to windows again.. any ideas?
Old 06-01-2004, 01:09 PM
animepimp
Dragon

Oh yeah, are you patched to EQ Europe or normal EQ, cause Europe uses a different format. See the help forum and tutorials forum for details.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Vasker88
Sarnak

Default Help

Try to put in in there twice...it works for me...Tho im not sure how...All that i care is that it works hehe
C.R.E.A.M

F.T.W

Vasker
Old 06-01-2004, 06:24 PM
lunarwolfy
Fire Beetle

I also am having problems. i can go into the login screen, but when i choose to go into a server (the winter roar one) it flashes back to the login screen before even displaying the character selection screen. i am more than posotive that all my Ini files and txt's are correct. has anyone come up with a fix?? i downloaded all the patches besides for Luclin and after that (Enough to log into Normal EQ). again, any help would be appriciated ^.^

EDIT: when logging into the green leaf server i get a eqgame.exe error and have to close. although when trying to login to the winter roar or whichever server it just boots me right before character select screen.