Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > KayotRO

KayotRO This is the forum for Kayot's Editor.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:42 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

there still a very valid cheating problem of person seting up Xp farming bot in semi-safe spot, and going to sleep/work, returning 12 hours later and coutning in 3-4 levels of xp and cash

buffying bots for donations are also very real

there are bots sample over mq2 forums that allows you to make lev 1 char in qeynos which will level itself to lev 5 ALL BY ITSELF, loot and even run to sell when his bags get full.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:26 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

There are numerous plugins for MQ2, notably MQ2DoCrack that can give players GM like power, including warping, zoning, summoning items, and equipping items they shouldn't be able to (which is why a recent item check was added which made invalid items useless)

People on TGC have admitted to and been banned for using MQ2 in this way. (The most recent was a player who made himself 70, too bad we have a 65 cap, idiot)

MQ2 by itself is not malicious by any means, and I have no problem with people using it. It makes multi boxing a lot easier. It's just these damn plugins that cause problems.

Oh, and Live is effected very much the same way. The problem is, they are able to update their client to break the plugins and we can't

Last edited by cavedude; 03-14-2008 at 05:29 PM..
Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Kayot
Discordant

Could you give me a link to that? I've seen auto sellers, but I'm not sure how to path. It's be cool to send my Druid as a bot (I said it ^-^) to sell all my loot. As for buffing for donations, I could see that. But I also see two NPC's behind MB that can do far better for far less. Not to mention some people will be sitting there and doing the same thing. I personally don't like high level buffs because using them makes it so I won't learn my class. On live I played a cleric before all the Twinks/Super Buffs showed up. After twinking the qulity of Clerics fell like a stone. Hence why my Bot is so much better than a live player. Most players don't play a cleric right. This time I can have fun AND stay alive.

As for the XP, that is very risky. oK could do it because the maps were semi-2d. But for the most part it's hard as hell to do. Any thing that can give XP can kill you, and sometimes very fast. (Griffins in EC any one?)

Farming, yea it can be done. I wanted to do it in Gfay for tempers since those leafs are rare. But with the planer gear I don't think any one would compete for those ground spawns. Most farming is done in areas that most people would avoid or are tired of. On live farming is very profitable, so profitable that two of my class were nerfed to hell (Druid's Kiting, and Necro Fear kitting. Sure it can still be done but is far more dangerous.) On the H-Servers farming done for self gain is in my book cool. Like who wants to sit and hunt spiders for eight hours for silks and snakes for eggs? I haven't done it, but having it as a possibility gives me a toasty feeling.

Now farming for profit is wrong and most of the time is at common camp sites. Like planer farming for incredibly rare items to sell or trade. On the flip side, some farmers give it away which is down right cool. It isn't the programs fault, it is the user.

Saying MQ2 is cheating is like saying Guns kill people. If thats the case then I blame my pencil for all my bad grades. Besides guns don't kill people. People with mustaches kill people. <-- Very True

BTW, If you want to test it out you have to compile the client. This gets rid of MOSR of the retards who would abuse it.

- Cavedude - I agree, the plugins are the problem. I stopped playing my server because the GM commands made it boring. Botting is fun because it's like, "This is what I want you to do. Now I hope you do it. Dam Dam NO NO restart, Oh god, not the guard too. ACK. Well that was fun, lets try again." Cheating just makes the game trivial and boring.

God doesn't give second chances... Hell, he sets you up the first time.

Last edited by Kayot; 03-14-2008 at 05:35 PM..
Old 03-14-2008, 09:41 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

you can drop by mq2 boards and see what is offered as "plugins" and various ready to go set ups =)
as far as "XP farmign is dangerous" this is only true for soem servers.
For exmaple on my server the dificulty set up rathly equal to that of eq2/diablo2 where a player is capable on taking on 2-3 equal con trash mobs at a time or a single mini-named. The xp gain per kill however is much much lower than on most servers, but overall pace of the game is more dymanic.
Under such set up, a bot can be easily be set up on even con/dark blue Xp camp and go away for 10-20 hours wihout much danger to himself

And tradeskiling bots just EVIL... Of course eq1 TS system blows (compared to eq2 where crafting is entertaiment in itself), but thats no reason for bot-crafting

ground spawn farming just... sucks...Specialy if they rare. You just park a bot on the ground spawn and go enjoy yourself while no other players never get a chance to grab the ground spawn.

Yes, guns don't kill people, but is a real pain in the arse to detect if someone harmlesly boting or outright exploting/cheating
Old 03-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Kayot
Discordant

True True, however ground spawns don't pop at the same location over and over. They spawn over an area. Thats important to remember.

BTW, I don't think your going to the right site. MQ2 has to be compiled, as do it's pluggins. I don't suggest using a precompile because it probably has viruses and trojins. Not to mention, it won't work without the right code.

I wonder how harmless I am...

Old 03-14-2008, 10:53 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

oh no its the official site
by reday to go i mean a ready to go exmaples of the bot script to for exmaple make a cleric bot who will buff at other player request and even take donations =)
Some dude posted he run it on live and made about 5k plat in 24 hours while he was afk
Old 03-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Kayot
Discordant

A lot of those script unfortunately don't work. I know this because I tear apart other peoples scripts to figure out how to make them... BTW, I'm becoming a doctor... Be scared... Be very scared...

^-^ I think it's more fun to make the scripts then to use someone else's. My cleric script is very custom since all the cleric scripts I found either didn't work or sucked. The only problem I'm having is that saying "Healme" around my bot causes him to heal that person and I need to leave that in for when I add party members. Maybe gsay? Now to make a good pet class script, that will be a challenge.