Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 10-10-2005, 02:46 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Added the raw installer
ubatch
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude
Added the raw installer
You do so much for us... We thank you Cavedude!
jillmatik
Sarnak

Been running this for a few days and quests are working great. Thanks to all involved in putting this together!
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

At this point the installer is not meant to be used to upgrade. As we make changes to the binaires, db, and quests I'll release smaller upgrade packs (and update the full installer with any changes) Those upgrade packs will only replace files changed by us, keeping your config files intact.

I fiddled with the idea of having 2.0 support an upgrade from 1.0, but really due to all the db changes made between 0.6.0 and 0.6.2 it really wasn't practical.
johane
Sarnak

Quote:
At this point the installer is not meant to be used to upgrade. As we make changes to the binaires, db, and quests I'll release smaller upgrade packs (and update the full installer with any changes) Those upgrade packs will only replace files changed by us, keeping your config files intact.

I fiddled with the idea of having 2.0 support an upgrade from 1.0, but really due to all the db changes made between 0.6.0 and 0.6.2 it really wasn't practical.

I can appreciate that, but I do think it should back-up any config files it finds anyway. But that's just my opinion. FYI I used to work in software QA, mainly because I'm a pedantic annoying bastard - I'm really _good_ at pointing out trivial things to annoy programmers.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:45 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
Gee..If it could be possible..(Comment to Cavedude)Could it be a complete zipped folder or something??(no sourcing involved) I dont know what Im doing wrong but it seems tha with your last database release I try to source and I keep getting some sort of pathing(spawn IDs maybe?) IDs errors..Seems everything before luclin expansion is affected. I have NPCs walking in skeletons place. Three Fippy_Darkpaws..ect....
OK..I used the installer and it sourced the DB for me..Hmm??? I guess I did it right then the last time cause Im having the same issues with 3 Fippy_Darkpaws...NPCs walking in wrong grids..ect..So Im assuming for now this is the way the DB was "meant to be".

So that leads me to this question...Is there a way to use RC-1 and source in the luclin spawns from Cavedude DB??? Maybe just 1 zone at a time??
If not...Wow I saw the quest editing program in the server files...Seems like its created with Delphi..Seems like its communicating with MY DB! If so and I could get the source files for this prog I could write a program to do just what I want.

Also...WOW..In the server files there was only zone and no zoneperl so I booted 5 zones and the zone provided loaded quests! It works like a charm!

How can I compile a zone like that from the source files?? Where it will load quests I mean.. I tried compile zone but no quests..

Thanks..

EDIT>>OK..So now I know how to use sql queries to create the DB I want..
Dont need to make a prog for that LOL..

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 10-11-2005 at 12:55 PM..
Old 11-09-2005, 05:36 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Here are the 0.6.3 binaires and source that will be found in the next version of the installer. No ETA on the official release yet as I also want to write a smaller update only installer.

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/0.6.3-DR1.rar
Old 11-09-2005, 07:46 AM
stefann
Sarnak

Cavedude, how are you making the installer, InstallSheild or NSIS, or what??? I think it'd be easier to make a combo upgrade/installer if you use NSIS.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:47 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I'm using ISS.

A combo upgrade isn't the way to go in this case. Not because of the software, but due to the difficulty of upgrading the database so as to incorperate all the changes made while preserving the user's personal data. Plus, a combo would be a big waste of bandwidth. Why make people download a 15MB file to upgrade when all they need is a 1MB?

Basically, everytime a release is made the main installer will updated, and a much smaller upgrade pack will be released that would upgrade from 2.0+ up to whatever the current version is.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:48 PM
gottasummer
Discordant

Will save me an hour or two, thanks.

Might make me switch my server to windows, linux build isn't working properly, well, mostly my fault hehe, mysql keeps going away, urg it is happening to me still but I will try some more.

Am loading database then going to try it out.

Thanks. Saves me about 5 hours
Old 02-26-2006, 06:00 AM
MarCrush
Fire Beetle

Exclamation

I noticed something wrong with your batch while you automacilly sourcing in your DB. You need to put a -p in the command (prompts for password) in the mysql command in your batch file otherwise it fails to source the database when root has a wrong password (i.e. blank password when a password exists). People that don't have a password for the root user just press enter.

Visual Example of what I am talking about:

You current have the batch file without the -p parameter.
Code:
@echo off
echo Please wait several minutes while your database is sourced...
mysql -u root < db.txt
You need to add the -p to the command so users can type in their passwords (most people set passwords to the root account because of security reasons).
Code:
@echo off
echo Please wait several minutes while your database is sourced...
mysql -u root -p < db.txt
Adding the -p parameter will being something like this:
Code:
Please wait several minutes while your database is sourced...
Enter Password:
After the user enters the password it will then be source into the database.

This is one problem I found in your Server Pack setup and can be easily fixed.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:29 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

It's not really a problem it's intentional. Most of the people who use the Installer don't have root passwords setup because they don't have a good enough working knowledge of MySQL to do so (if they did they wouldn't need the installer, now would they?) My belief was and still is having an extra password prompt could lead to noobs becoming confused and the whole point of the installer is to avoid that.

More advanced users who setup a root password or who would just like to do everything themselves may download the raw pack, same software just no installer.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:46 AM
MarCrush
Fire Beetle

Yeah, a lot of people don't even know how to use a computer really good. I just pointed that out because I'm too lazy (not really). I'm probably going to redo my server raw anyway. You could also make the echo text say:
Code:
Please enter your password and then wait several minutes while your database is sourced.
If you don't have a root password or don't know what it is just press enter.
Enter Password:
Pre-typed batch code:
Code:
@echo off
echo Please enter your password and then wait several minutes while your database is sourced.
echo If you don't have a root password or don't know what it is just press enter.
mysql -u root -p < db.txt
The database deletes it self when you click Finish on the setup dialog, you should put a checkbox saying "Delete database files" and have it checked by default.

Just some tips and advice you can do to improve your server pack. You should also post your DB standalone somewhere on these boards also .
Old 03-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Dav3id
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Version 2.1 has been released. It features EQEmu 0.6.3-DR1 and some small changes to the database. The full installer now has the option to not place any config files (in case you already have your own) and if you already have 2.0 installed, you can just grab the much smaller upgrade file to get you current.

Full Installer Pack:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-2.1.exe

Upgrade only:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServ....1-Upgrade.exe

Raw Pack:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuSP-2.1-NoInstaller.rar

Enjoy!

Version 2.0 (0.6.2-DR1) is here:

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-2.0.rar

The raw version minus Linux support (for now)

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuSP-2.0-NoInstaller.rar

Version 1.0 (0.6.0-DR3) can still be had here:

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuServerPack-1.0.rar

For those of you who prefer to do everything by yourself, a raw version is available as well. This edition also includes pre-compiled Linux binaries. It can be had here:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/sp/EQEmuSP-1.0-NoInstaller.zip

If you need any help, have any questions, or suggestions, etc Our forum is found here:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum

We hope you all enjoy our software!
-The Dark Rogue Productions team
YEs hi i dont know how to set up the mysql... and Perl i can find all the stuff for them i was wondering if some one could Put a download link that has them set up or a link to a guide for both of them that is up to date plz
Old 04-13-2006, 11:33 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

A new version of the Server Pack has been released. I can't seem to edit the original post here so go here for more info:

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/forum/index.php?topic=120.0