Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

yeah im gonna rewrite the SQL statements to specify values by column name... like i said this script was written for use with my server only... i just made the SQL/server info into variables for other people to use :p

i'll have an updated version here in a few mins. once i eat some dinner that is
Old 12-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Well I still say this is an awsome script and you are awsome for doing this , I am happy to keep using it how it is if you dont feel like messing with it , as it is now everyone just has to use a 0 for the password and do it twice then its fine, its no matter if everyone knows the password cause its the IP that matters.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

okie i changed the sql statement to include column names.. this should now work properly when creating a new account with any database
Old 12-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Thanks again on this, is it updated on the previous link?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
Thanks again on this, is it updated on the previous link?
Did you ever get my DB working? , if not tell me more about what you have, is it MySql4x, and did you use Cavedude's installer?
Old 12-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Yes its 4x and yes I used Cavedudes, that new one is not working for me at all and I just ran into one more problem. Is there anything in the old code that will not allow more then eight accounts to be created? everytime I get eight accounts created every try after that to make another one says there was an error while trying to create your account, then if I delete a couple of the accounts I can make more up till eight accounts again? I am really sorry about this and if you dont feel like messing with it I understand but I still say its an awsome job. Its my problem for not knowing how to read and make this code better myself. Thanks

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
Yes its 4x and yes I used Cavedudes, that new one is not working for me at all and I just ran into one more problem. Is there anything in the old code that will not allow more then eight accounts to be created? everytime I get eight accounts created every try after that to make another one says there was an error while trying to create your account, then if I delete a couple of the accounts I can make more up till eight accounts again? I am really sorry about this and if you dont feel like messing with it I understand but I still say its an awsome job. Its my problem for not knowing how to read and make this code better myself. Thanks
You mean Cavedudes old install? If so, then your problem is, the new database, PEQ, EQ and AX_PEQ are all compatible with the latest EQEMU and you'd have to update your binaries.
If you have something that works (Cavedudes old install?) , then here's an easy way to upgrade; Don't uninstall anything, you can go to my site, download my full DB for MySql4x, Go to MySql Site, Download MySql-Administrator, Go to Eqemu site, download newest binaries -
Then restore my database to you your MySql Server, backup your current eqemu configuration, then overwrite the eqemu directory with the newer binaries from eqemu site.- the only file you should keep is your eqemu_config.xml. You'll see where you can set permissions and what-not to any database you have installed via MySql-Admin; Set permissions for newly restored DB. once you have set permissions, you need to point the eqemu to the new database; make changes in the eqemu_config.xml file to that.
Theres' links to all this posted at my website.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I will try this , but one thing

Quote:
restore my database to you your MySql Server
I am a little confused about that , run that over TOP of the database I am using now (cavedudes)?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

check your database and see if you have a user entry with the "id" field set to 9

the script increments the id field automatically just in case the mysql database isnt set to auto increment that field.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

user entry? you mean account id? no , i cant get past 8

btw , I am using MYSQL Front , so what ever I need to do in the database is pretty easy.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Last edited by Sakrateri; 12-19-2006 at 05:48 AM..
Old 12-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

execute this query in your database:
Code:
SELECT * FROM `account` WHERE `id` = 9;
then tell me if it returned any information
Old 12-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

it returned

Code:
Empty set <0.00 sec>

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 12-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

that's really odd... the only thing i can think of to try is changing line 161 from:
Code:
		$sql = "INSERT INTO `account` (`id`,`name`,`charname`,`sharedplat`,`password`,`status`,`lsaccount_id`,`gmspeed`,`revoked`,`minilogin_ip`,`hideme`,`rulesflag`) VALUES (". $newno. ",'". $_POST['username']. "','',0,'". $_POST['password']. "',". $admin_level. ",". $newno. ",0,0,'". $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']. "',0,0)";
to

Code:
		$sql = "INSERT INTO `account` (`id`,`name`,`charname`,`sharedplat`,`password`,`status`,`lsaccount_id`,`gmspeed`,`revoked`,`minilogin_ip`,`hideme`,`rulesflag`) VALUES (NULL,'". $_POST['username']. "','',0,'". $_POST['password']. "',". $admin_level. ",". $newno. ",0,0,'". $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']. "',0,0)";
and hope your database is set to auto increment the id field
Old 12-27-2006, 06:14 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I wouldn't insert 'id' at all, on an auto-increment field.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

setting it to null will cause it to auto increment as well. as memory serves me older versions of MySQL will spit out an error if your insert query doesnt specify at least a null value for a key