Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

View Poll Results: Should we bring back the Scorpious2k Server?
YES! 87 69.05%
NO! 14 11.11%
What's a Scorpious2k Server? 25 19.84%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Sorce
Fire Beetle

Default Oh Well

So much for my $15 I guess
Old 11-09-2006, 06:18 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Yeah, there's a way to inspire others to donate... start assuming you got screwed. Here's a different approach; be patient, wait and see what the admins come up with.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Sorce
Fire Beetle

Default Right

I said nothing about being screwed, I have full faith in the administration. As for being patient, I have been checking the forums every single day, hoping for an update, or an eta. I played their server long enough to know that there are some good people behind it, so I am in no way attacking them. However, after it was said they needed donations, people continued to vote yes, without helping the cause. If I didn't have faith, I would never have donated in the first place.

That being said, I could have worded it differently. As in, I guess, at this time, there isnt much hope for the server being brought back.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:47 PM
acaylian
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Bans come quick for hackers, exploiters, and people who dont respect the G rating.
errr, nice PR, but when i played bans never came when guides became corrupt deciding to spawn boss mobs over and over again for loot. also, when people were duping blue diamonds and event items, what happened? absolutely nothing. and the leadership DID know about it =P
Old 11-18-2006, 02:59 AM
czahrien
Fire Beetle

I don't know what you are talking about. Bannings were swift in everything that you mentioned once it was found out that this stuff was happening. The dupers weren't perma banned but the duping exploit was fixed and there was no problems since.

The guide(he had a lot of GM commands, guides had no power to spawn mobs) that was spawning low level npcs with loot tables of the targets was caught and banned within a few hours after the npcs were discovered, he was already disliked by most of the people on the server and his equipment on his "legit character" which was a mystery for awhile all of a sudden made sense. As far as I know after those two incidents there was nothing that happened that was anywhere near the same level. Other than that one guide all the guides did their job correctly.

I think you quit while the things were happening or missed the actions taken against them. Within a day or two after both of these things were discovered they were banned. The GMs were almost always on and many of the people who I knew were always on the watch for suspicious things and were in contact with the GMs quite often about things which didn't seem right.

Anyway playing on the Scorpious2k was the most fun I have ever had playing EverQuest, I would donate all I could to bring it back if I had money. :(
Old 11-23-2006, 08:10 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

I am thinking of bringing it up on our home connection over the weekend...
Old 11-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Correction... it's up.

Donators, contract me to find out how to get in if you don't know how.

The rest of you, if you can get in, are welcome to join us.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:38 AM
zshasis
Fire Beetle

what is up?
Old 11-23-2006, 10:51 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zshasis
what is up?

The server...
Old 11-24-2006, 07:40 AM
n3uxme9669
Fire Beetle

very cool - hope to see yall on there in a bit!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Nessful
Sarnak

Default noooo

so only donaters can join the server? darnet, im only 14 yrs old, lol, when will it be available and what is the server name?
Old 11-24-2006, 01:02 PM
n3uxme9669
Fire Beetle

and i meant to ask - but it won't let me edit my post ..

Is the server staying up for good now?

or is it unknown / going to be speratic?

Thanks much
Old 11-24-2006, 04:04 PM
zshasis
Fire Beetle

haha well i figured it was the server... but i dont understand y only donators are aloud to get on? And also ... when will everyone else be able to get on it?
Old 11-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Anyone who can get on sarland or could get on s2k before should be able to get on.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:35 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zshasis
haha well i figured it was the server... but i dont understand y only donators are aloud to get on? And also ... when will everyone else be able to get on it?
The big issue is its running off a cable connection at Scorps home, so only a few people can actualy play, once there is enough donations for a dedicated server we will open it to everyone and broadcast it loud where it is.