Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
(@LE: Apparently this is what I heard, that the information was forwarded to you.. and also whenever I tried to talk to you, it always resulted in me being ignored.. which was tried over for a 2 week period.. bad timing, or something? PM Me if you care about this exploit, and i'll show you.)

As soon as I found out about the exploit I took action, its not like someone told me about it and then days later I decided to look into it. I had a lot of shit I wanted to do that night that I couldnt do because I was handling this situation. As far as I know, you have never PMed me or tried to talk to me about an exploit on here or IRC. If your one of the 10-15 people that pm me on a daily basis and just include the word "hi" to see if I'm around, thats not trying to talk to me. If you were really trying to talk to me, you would have pmed me with the reason you were pm'ing me to begin with. And no, when I get back to my computer, I dont reply to everyone that pms me. For one, I dont have time to answer everyones messages, I only answer ones that I feel need to be answered. If you really did message me about an exploit, I would have paid attention.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
Ubahstuff: EQEMu works fine, nothing was damaged or even tampered with.. just a backdoor was installed which gave him complete access, which he could have destroyed a lot of nothing, but I guess he really didn't care enough.
He did damage stuff, and he did tamper with stuff, you dont know what your talking about. What did he destroy you might ask? He destroyed image's mysql database that was running on the server. What did he tamper with? He replaced login.php for the forums with one that was suspectible to a known phpbb exploit. He crashed the whole server once, he repeatedly crashed the login servers (remember that Friday night 8 days ago? That was him), and he gave himself forum permissions.

Thats just what I KNOW he did, he probably did a lot more than that, I just havent found out about it yet. So before you start spouting out things you know nothing about, check your story.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:44 AM
tehwinnar
Fire Beetle

Default 1

Owned.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:22 AM
mattmeck

Bashing me and claiming "thats what I was told" is not proof, even the Devs are telling you your full of it.

Ether give proof or STFU, you have bashed everyone here several times and tried to make personal attackes twords several people but still have yet to give proof for anything you say.

and Bashing me is NOT offering proof.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:07 AM
x-scythe
Discordant

man this just needs to be locked already
Old 06-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Ubahstuffs
Fire Beetle

Default I just think......

I just think you both need to STFU and get over it....I'm tired of comin to check these boards for, I dunno SOMETHING USEFUL and seeing nothing but your constant whining! :cry: so please STFU...MOVE THE PHUK ON!
K? Thnx :twisted:
Old 06-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Trixy
Fire Beetle

laff. he actually deleted images mysql database?

In Guild Wars 2 wasn't he the only under 18 year old GM and image trusted him? I would never suspect him actually damaging the project cause he was 'trusted'.

So much for that, rofl.

But yeah, I did message you, and I even messaged you more, but whatever, Image knows what the hole is he said he didn't have access and didn't care, so i'm done. I just sent you a PM with information about some of the holes, hopefully you will realize that they need to be fixed at this point, or maybe you will just ignore it like you have done in the past.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Baron Sprite
Dragon