Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Yeah I see the same thing, my network is taking some kind of hit thats unrelated... I'll bring it down now and update it anyways.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:50 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I put a bag on the bag vendor and some faithbringer on the plate vendor... I'll try to get more done later, wife is home tonight keeping me from updating If a mod sees this could you change the title to Sayin's World in the subject please?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:29 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Ok, the armor merchants are now carrying level 70 armor next I'll probably add some better weapons, and of course... jewelry
Old 08-31-2008, 02:24 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

love the new armor, but the weapon vendor disappeared hehe
Old 08-31-2008, 02:41 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

actually nevermind...i must've been bugged.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:00 PM
happppy
Fire Beetle

I just wanted to take a moment to thank hayward for putting this server together. I had originally joined EQEmu a few months ago with the hope to explore a "sandbox" style world - to enjoy all of the elements of EQ that I was never able to years ago, as I didn't have the time to spend on grinding out levels and practicing skills. Most of the other servers provide interesting versions of that idea, but the custom content and "reduced grind" is still a nuisance. Sayin's World is, by some margin, the best experience I've had on EQEmu, and, at this point, it's the only thing keeping me coming back. So, thanks very much, and please keep up the good work!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:01 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by happppy View Post
I just wanted to take a moment to thank hayward for putting this server together. I had originally joined EQEmu a few months ago with the hope to explore a "sandbox" style world - to enjoy all of the elements of EQ that I was never able to years ago, as I didn't have the time to spend on grinding out levels and practicing skills. Most of the other servers provide interesting versions of that idea, but the custom content and "reduced grind" is still a nuisance. Sayin's World is, by some margin, the best experience I've had on EQEmu, and, at this point, it's the only thing keeping me coming back. So, thanks very much, and please keep up the good work!
I completely agree and echo your sentiments. I've always wanted to just have a relaxed 2 man raid experience without giving up my life to get characters able to do it. Finally I can buzz around from zone to zone and get to see just how much of the EQ experience you can miss.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:16 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I'm so happy that you're enjoying yourselves!

I got into EQEmu for the same reason a few years ago because I wanted o be able to see the zones I wasn't quite ready for in live. I still maintain and play all Sony games on the all access pass, and it's great to scout out a zone im getting ready to enter on live eq.

As long as exploiting is kept to a minimum, and nothing anyone is doing is bringing the server to its knees... I'm happy with what ever anyone wants to do If there's any specific items you need, please let me know.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:05 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

Is there any weapon that is comparable to the Soul Crusher that is a permanent one? It know it's a ridiculously powerful sword but when you're 2 manning it it's actually just about perfect. The damage is enough to kill things but when you fight level 65-70 raid mobs it still takes a good 5-10 minute battle. Actually, that's the fun part!

When you say the loot tables aren't complete for zone like sebilis, wall of slaughter and the time planes does that mean no servers have them? (I have no idea how server operation works)

I think the cloth and leather vendors need to have updated armors because they're only level 63-64ish. I think chain too but I haven't checked.

Anyhow, great job and keep up the good work.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:16 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

Some servers have them updated and others dont. It depends on if the server op has found the .sql loot tables for them and imported them into the database or not.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Brachiator
Fire Beetle

Default Thanks

Just want to echo what some others have posted. This is exactly the type of server I was looking for. Was hoping to find a sorta playground to explore, see, and do things I was never able to do when I originally played the game.

I started about 3 months or so before Kunark came out and stopped playing about 4 months or so after PoP came out.

I really didnt like the original raids that required 30+ people and never got into them (hence, there was a lot of content I never had access too). With this server I am able to start seeing the stuff I never could so thanks. I'm certainly having a blast.

I do have a question about some quests. I tried doing a couple and could get the text for everything and even do miniquests that are part of the larger quest but everytime I turn everything in for the final reward I dont get anything (Lodizal Shell Shield Quest and Lost Map Quest). This is my first time ever with EQEmu so is this a normal issue? Should we not be trying to do quests? I was just assuming if I could trigger the text to start them they would work? Is that not the case?

Thanks again for your hard work, its appreciated.

Matt
aka the Loon's
Old 09-01-2008, 09:15 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

pm or email me the quest specifics like zone and npc, and I'll have a look. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:08 AM
xSUFIx
Fire Beetle

Been playin all night!
My ranger is tearin' stuff up.
A couple bugs i noticed though.

Tomes/Combat Abilites, for some reason are in the spell book.
Leaving pure bred melees unable to get there abilities. (I tried on my monk.)
and as for rangers.
Hail of Arrows isn't working properly.
It just says the target is to far...even if you're right next to them.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:57 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSUFIx View Post
Been playin all night!
My ranger is tearin' stuff up.
A couple bugs i noticed though.

Tomes/Combat Abilites, for some reason are in the spell book.
Leaving pure bred melees unable to get there abilities. (I tried on my monk.)
and as for rangers.
Hail of Arrows isn't working properly.
It just says the target is to far...even if you're right next to them.

Make sure you try that ranger ability in several zones... that will help me determine if it's map related. I'm not familiar with tombs and discipline stuff, since I've never played anything but a caster... Tell me what's missing and I'll get it added. Might be easier to just turn the command on for everyone to raise them. Once I understand them, i'll add it to the leveler. There was a lot of activity this weekend, and it was good to see.

I'm planning on doing some work tonight on some broken quests, i'll have a look at the monk abilities as well.

Thank you,
Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 AM
xSUFIx
Fire Beetle

I've tried Hail of Arrows in:
The Overthere
Skyfire Mountains
Chardok

And all just gave me some errors.
I'll definitely try in every zone I'm in though.
As far as the tomes things go.
It's not really a big deal (for hybrids.), all that it's doing is making it so instead of
CTRL+C (I think that's combat abilities.)
Instead of popping up as hotkeys, it's in the spell books and can be put into spell gems as a spell.
Which, initially isnt that big of a problem for hybrids, just means they have to manage their spells better.
But as far as pure melees go..they aren't able to use any of them because they can't pull up the spell book/spell gems.

But all around, amazing server and im definitely here to stay, especially once some things are smoothed out it will be A++++++x1000.

Btw, did you take teh weapons merchant out just a bit ago? :P
Its missing!