Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Smedy
Sarnak

Ofcourse less bugs > *

but seriously even if they now have "lives" and aint home on the weekend you would atleast expect some kind of answer why the server has been deelayed 2 days. I mean its not like they havent been planning this for long ive heard they worked on this server for almost a YEAR, such a big project shouldnt just sink below and die

I hope the guys are managing to solve the trouble and not giving up! If its host trouble maybe anyone on the forum can help, just that they need to post about it first

If you aint gonna put this server up this weekend then i would recommend waiting till next friday, since many people are working and wishing to play and get the same start chance as the others
Old 08-06-2006, 03:39 AM
Opadar
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy
If you aint gonna put this server up this weekend then i would recommend waiting till next friday, since many people are working and wishing to play and get the same start chance as the others
No offence but that sounds retarded. Should just get it up when it's ready, not delay it even more.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:43 AM
klamath
Sarnak

Image ? We don't take donations this is done free with out donations and we won't ever accept donations and yes it was saturday night and i wen't out.

We work on this server for fun and we are trying our best to sort the problems out a major error as came but i can say we are still working on it hard and trying to get it up fast. If you don't like it play on a server with bug's cheaters exploits get 50 in a day be my guess.

I am not going to give out an eta yet because when i do something does go wrong.

Last edited by klamath; 08-06-2006 at 11:47 AM..
Old 08-06-2006, 04:05 AM
rore
Fire Beetle

Kalmath you and your team kicks ass, thanks for all your hard work.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:54 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamath
I am not going to give out an eta yet because when i do something does go wrong.
You just learned a big lesson, We never give ETA's in this community because of the responces you got here. I dont think they know what ETA means..

Just remember, there are good people they just dont post!

Take your time have fun with it, bring it up whenever you feel its ready, people will play.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Smedy
Sarnak

hope you guys get it solved asap, youre right i rather wait another year then to play on servers that are right now with team MQ ...
Old 08-06-2006, 08:29 AM
moydock
Discordant

Yeah my only fear was that someone was just yankin the pvp communities chain. The server just sounded too good to be true ^^. Thanks for updating us and for your continuing work. <3
Old 08-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Mistervirtue
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamath
If you kill a person under 30 now its been changed u will lose a full level anyone under 20 you will lose 2 levels.

This rule is here to stay. Because i have been on so many servers and its over real fast so this should last a while.
i am an old player from Sullon Zek, good team. at first glance, this rule appeared to me to be just... i don't know the right word, i was upset at reading, i felt it was so limiting..

though, after thinking about it a few days, it's actually not a bad idea.. i just have one idea that might make it a little more fair

at level 50, the hardcore pvp'ers will never group for pve content. they will just travel arround killing people... this 2 level lose thing though, will force them back into groups, keeping the higher end players, and top level people to continue grouping, and encourage the lower levels to level up to 48 bec becuase there will always be groups of 48+s who've lost 50 trying to re-level up...

the only thing i'd chance is maybe, after you've attainded level 50 once, maybe leveling up 48-50 a second time should go at 2x or 3x the speed.. becuase think it's quite absurd to be robbed of 2 FULL levels for pvp'ing on a pvp server... or just disable killing of anyone below say 40, at level 50.

anyway, an explaination of why this would/wouldnot work would be great, when you can spare the time away from server maintainance. thank you!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:56 AM
klamath
Sarnak

There is no need to kill anyone under level 30 because you won't gain a kill or be able to loot there corpse if you are 50. This is in place to stop people blocking people from leveling and haveing a good time around there level.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:25 AM
Mistervirtue
Fire Beetle

i guess i just have the average Sullon zek mentality... killing is fun... no matter who the victim is...

but thanks for the reply, if you feel this is the best way to keep the server populated, thats great, the more people who play, the more people who will be in range, and the more poeple for me to kill i suppose.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Smedy
Sarnak

Killing indeed is fun, but not when its to easy. Im for this rule a 100% good work on it, i hate people 20-30 levels above raping lowbies, its no fun, and it definitly does not require any skill whatsoever, great & fun pvp comes when the levels are close by, then its fun to pvp!

any updates on your progress?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:02 AM
moydock
Discordant

I think you might want to lessen that exp blow. You will see more people quitting b/c a lvl 10 jumped into their ae and lost them two levels then you'll see ppl quitting b/c a 50 ganked them. Just don't allow 50's to loot ppl out of range or something. Maybe a small exp loss so it is a choice. Making it -2 levels is pointless, it would be better to just make it impossible to attack if you want to go that way.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:08 AM
wolverine
Fire Beetle

I have to agree. It's just as easy to reverse grief.

Make it no-loot / small xp loss for the level 50 and the guy respawns with his gear and no xp loss. Makes it pointless for them.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Mistervirtue
Fire Beetle

i usually stick to the once a day rule, if theres a lowby, kill him one time, in one day, just further encourage him to level up, so he's not such easy prey... and also... becuase if he has any higher level friends looking for a fight, they'll usually come running... more pvp for me...

but thats just the mindset of a 4 year pvp vet.

i think the best solution is to be a bard... i'll kill whoever i want, then go spend 5 minutes on an AE pull and get my 2 levels back, then go hunt more lowbies...

if you want to stop the lowby greifing, disable it...

but once agian, just my opinion
Old 08-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Ellie
Sarnak

For the record I agree that it should be lowered to, at most, 1 yellow experience loss per lowbie kill. There is a huge potential for exploitation here. I would be pretty damn pissed if I lost 2 levels because some lowbie intentionally ran through my aoe, or if I accidently killed one another way.

Especially considering how slow the experience gain is on this server. You want to deter griefers, not make it an enormous hassel if you accidently kill one. I am not trying to spend 3 days of experience grinding for 1 lowbie death.

Also, you have to think that there will be lowbies made with the express purpose of training raids and dungeon groups. Giving upper level characters no recourse against this seems wrong.

Making it a yellow experience loss per lowbie kill is plenty to deter the casual newbie griefer. And, yes, there will always be hardcore griefers who will do it anyway, but that's part of the pvp game. I played for years on SZ too, and while it sucked to be killed by the occasional griefer, it was no big deal. The only thing that really sucked is when the griefer would bind camp you and kill you over and over again. By penalizing them a yellow per kill, this will fairly eliminate the bind campers. Yes, they can kill you once with no big harm, but they can't kill you over and over without serious experience loss.
Closed Thread