Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Kambic
Sarnak

I might give this a shot, sounds interesting. I messed around with Guildwars and Lucid and had a lot of fun.

EDIT: I tried to create an account on your site and I never received an email. Are you not accepting new registrations, or did I do something wrong?

Last edited by Kambic; 05-30-2007 at 06:54 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 05:57 PM
swish
Hill Giant

Default Also

I also wanted to mention that we are in a beta mode.
We still dont have much content so dont expect for much to do =P
There are around 8 zones that are ready and we are working on it.
The beta is mostly to help the staff find bugs by the players. So dont get the work impression =P

Looking forward to see you guys inside!

Swish.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Smedy
Sarnak

Is this server up or is this a old bumped thread? I would love to test to play on this one
Old 05-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy
Is this server up or is this a old bumped thread? I would love to test to play on this one
It's up currently. Log in, look around, have some fun!
Old 06-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Squarecircle
Fire Beetle

EQGame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

no further info given about the crash in the box..

not running vista.

Hope you guys can work around this, I'd love to join you. everquest pvp is all I ever will play (and I miss it so dearly) props to you guys for setting up a pvp server. Hopefully I can get in there......later.

-Patrick
Old 06-01-2007, 03:35 AM
paaco
Discordant

Eqgame.exe problem would be something on your end most likely. Have you tried any of the other servers to see if you can recreate it. There is pretty much no way for us to troubleshoot an eqgame error though, way too many things could cause it.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

An eqgame error on the loginscreen is nothing we can fix. That's up to the eqemulator dev team, and that could be today or never. It happens when it happens.

An eqgame error inside the game is related to us and is fixable. If that's the case post it in the bugs section on our forums.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
paaco
Discordant

I have put up a Teamspeak 2 server for the time being for the paradigma server. if anyone wants to play around on it. Ask each other about quests or whatever, I will leave it up as long as it is being used. Runs off of my home connection on a Linux box, I have been working at Time Warner Cable and they have given me a business class connection at home. So should do fine. Anywho, have fun and help us beta test!

Host for Teamspeak = paradigma.redirectme.net
( You need the newest client version to use it )

Also I don't care what is said on there as far as language as long as there is no flaming and it isn't abused. IE...I don't want to hear the F word 8 times in every sentence. I also don't want to hear anything about drugs.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:39 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaco
I don't want to hear the F word 8 times in every sentence.
Well, ****. I'm Italian, so that leave me out.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:27 PM
xCrazymonx
Fire Beetle

Default Fixthembugz!

Yea, I dont see any active GM's on the beta..

And there's HUMANGUS bugs... Talk about dieing to your own city guards, and loseing EVERY spell in your spellbook...

Yea, wtb active GM's and maybe people will play the Beta

For a beta you really have very minimal content, and very non-active GM's...

Your Patcher for your server, does it mess up all other Emu servers? I know you have custom zones with needed files, does this affect other servers that I wish to play on?

[ ] Yes [ ] No

Seems like a great idea and a pretty fun server if things in the Beta made it worth Beta testing. Get an active Dev and everything should roll smoothly..If you dont have any active people why even have it in Beta? Lock the server, I read it had content up to level 50... If you fix the problem with loseing EVERY spell in your spell book it might be possible ~

Also, there's another problem, your factions are completely askew... Neriak Foreign Quarter has random guards attacking me.

One guard is Kindly...The other is Threateningly..

Wtfmate?

Last edited by xCrazymonx; 06-26-2007 at 06:02 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 11:45 PM
aza77
Hill Giant

you only loose the spells during the character generation and that is no bug. but you might be right that you also loose them if you change from wizard to wizard .. going to check it and fix it. so once you left the tutorial there shouldn't be any lost spells at all.
going to check the guards today, looks like we missed one or 2 last time we changed the faction. (no clue how it happened) but that's easy to fix. we also use 3 different faction systems . the normal npc to player one and a guild to player and guild to guild one. so if you get attacked by an npc inside a town it might also be the guard of a guild for example.
the patch might only cause problems like human models instead of the real ones at other servers. if you don't install the patch you won't be able to see the harvesting nodes, mailboxes, some item graphics, some spells + discs won't work. you could just copy all .txt files out of the dir before you use our patcher. and copy them back if you play somewhere else.
about the lack of content atm we only support the neriak <-> freeport area (inlcuding lavastorm area <-> west commonlands area <-> oasis area + soon rivervale area)
Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 PM
BrainiacVince
Fire Beetle

I didn't realize you guys were in Beta testing mode (haven't really looked into other servers much) or I'd have let ya know about the spell bug. I started as a wizard on your server and changed class to wizard, which erased all of my spells and reset all of my skills to 0. Also, it might have already been said, but there is a problem with the Neriak zone in point from the Home City chooser in Tutorial zone. I got stuck under the world and quit. =P Also, from the Home City chooser, I told the NPC "Felwithe" (as I was a High Elf Wizzy) and it ported me to Neriak anyway (again, I didn't know there were special limitations or I'd have chosen an available option)

Your server looks great though. Good luck getting everything implemented. I am personally not a fan of PvP, so I won't be playing, but the entire system blows my mind when I think about all the code behind it.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 PM
aza77
Hill Giant

thx for the info .. the first bug is already fixed. going to take a look at the zoneline but i think that one is also fixed
Old 06-26-2007, 11:12 PM
xCrazymonx
Fire Beetle

Aza, somethings wrong with Neriak Commons.. / Oasis of Marr <--- Those 2 zones lagout hardcore. Its not just me and or my net connection.. Somthing is crashing them, only in those zones do I LD or crash randomly... And yes I have the patcher.

Everytime me or my bro zones in there its LAG CRAZY and you cant do anything, only in that zone does the ms run from like 254... to like 4,000.

Cant buy any spells like that, and or do any quests..

Secondly, Neriak has very minimal amount of quests that are to be done... Freeport has like a billion..

And are the loot tables implemented? Killed mobs from every accessable zone and the named of every zone and still no loot...Though I did get a bracer from Hewthrout... Wondering if the loot tables are not in yet or what. Cloth sucks!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:43 PM
aza77
Hill Giant

going to check those 2 zones today... freeport was the beta1 town that's why it still has more quests. i'm going to check the loottables today .. i'm pretty sure we got a lot quite a few armor sets already