Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brachiator View Post
Just to clarify...I found out what the issue was gaining access to Vex Thall.

That Scepter of Shadows was the original "key" to enter the Palace. Anybody can zone into Vex Thall by entering via Umbral Plains or the #zone Vexthall command. However, a key is needed to actually enter the building inside Vex Thall. The Scepter was the original "key". Things were changed by Verant (darned if I know when though) and they made entrance to Vex Thall not require the Scepter of Shadows ("key"). I would assume because the quest to get the Scepter of Shadows is so long and time intensive to get nobody would enter the zone anymore if they had to do the quest for every single toon who wanted to enter after other expansions came out (I am pretty sure the original intent was EVERYBODY had to have a key to enter...not just one person in the group with a key to unlock the door).

What they did though was still make the entrance into the Palace require a key but the "Scepter of Shadows" was deactived and they put a "Palace Key" on a mob outside of the Palace but on the walkpath to the Palace from Umbral Zone in.

I think what happened is that mob with the key (and it only requires 1 person to unlock, not everybody needs the key on them) does not respawn with the other normal mobs (around maybe 6 min or so?) but is on a seperate timer and maybe only spawns every 24 hours or something because I visited the place a few times but could never get inside and never saw the mob that had the key up. So if somebody else kills it there is no way for anybody else to get a key apparently for a bit (how long I dont know...guessing 24 hours or longer).

It is apparently a "named" but hard to tell because all the mobs names in the zone are confusing (no articles like "a" and "an" to differentiate named from common). It was some form of larger rock thing that you see at the zone it and it had the "Palace Key" on it.

Hope that clears up what the confusion was earlier.
thats not how it was

l my guild did VT in summer 2004 (just in period between GoD and OoW releases)

You needed a sceptor key to enter the VT itself- which was an ass long camping shard quest + Emperor of Sssra component drop
EVERYONE needed to have this key to enter VT
this was the key just to enter the zone.

in the court yard you had to kill a giant stonegrabber mob called Va... something - who droped the palace door key. - you only need 1 such key.
The Va... was on 1 hour respawn timer, and took our pre-elem geared 2 groups 45 min to kill (a shit load of hp)

Inside VT there were some more keys which were locking out the door into Main hallway
atleast one of the Mini-bosses before main hallway had to be killed for this key

inside the main hallway there were 2 towers on the first floor, and at least 1 of the Tower bosses had to be killed in order to depop the wardens leading to the 2nd floor.

with 8 pre-elem groups it took us rathly 5 hours to do the 1st floor on day 1, camp the mage at the portal to 2nd floor, and another 4 hours to do the 2nd floor on the day 2 inclduign Aten Ha Ra kill.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:39 PM
xSUFIx
Fire Beetle

Wow, that makes Everquest sound hard.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Brachiator
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
thats not how it was

l my guild did VT in summer 2004 (just in period between GoD and OoW releases)

You needed a sceptor key to enter the VT itself- which was an ass long camping shard quest + Emperor of Sssra component drop
EVERYONE needed to have this key to enter VT
this was the key just to enter the zone.

in the court yard you had to kill a giant stonegrabber mob called Va... something - who droped the palace door key. - you only need 1 such key.
The Va... was on 1 hour respawn timer, and took our pre-elem geared 2 groups 45 min to kill (a shit load of hp)

Inside VT there were some more keys which were locking out the door into Main hallway
atleast one of the Mini-bosses before main hallway had to be killed for this key

inside the main hallway there were 2 towers on the first floor, and at least 1 of the Tower bosses had to be killed in order to depop the wardens leading to the 2nd floor.

with 8 pre-elem groups it took us rathly 5 hours to do the 1st floor on day 1, camp the mage at the portal to 2nd floor, and another 4 hours to do the 2nd floor on the day 2 inclduign Aten Ha Ra kill.

Heh, I was going off websites I read. I had never been there before.

Boy, that sure is a lot of work though...

p.s. Just wanted to add that the problem was all me to begin with. I misunderstood what I had read online for what it took to get into Vex Thall. I had zoned into Vex Thall from Umbral Plains oringinally without the Scepter of Shadows so when I read that you needed one, I just assumed it meant to actually get into the Palace not to zone in.

Last edited by Brachiator; 09-08-2008 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: added PS
Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSUFIx View Post
Wow, that makes Everquest sound hard.
thats only the part of the story =)

the VT Sceptor consisted of:

the Sceptor frame (box) - rathly 2 hours of camping with atleast 2 groups to have enough dps to kill phs fast enough

the 10 shards - took me personaly 2 month to get them all with camping them rathly 4 hours a day (3 month to get themf or entire guild - 60+ people)

the Emperor Ssra drop - this one a whole separate story on ist own:
you needed to get internal Ssra key-ring to get to the Emperor Chamber- rathly 1 week of camping 3 hours each to get all 4 parts

kill Emperor of course - no trivial task

travelign around VT- is another major pain - trash mobs repop at machine gun rate, hit in 800+ range and have 200k hp each, and come 5-6 at a time
a hallway path from oen named to naother had 50+ of these guys to clean up
I swear in was much harder to clean out the trash than to kill actual named.

and of course entire Vt had to be done in specific order - you had to kill specific named first to dispawn the wardens or you could not get to the 2nd floor. Wardens themselve could not be killed all had Death Touch

of course after all this pain- VT was truly a candyland for loot even 4 expansiosn later. The gear was MUCH better than Tier 3 PoP (inclduing gods like LMM, Saryrn, TT, Bertox and even Ro) but somewhat worse than elemental.
but the good part was than each named was droping 5-8 items at once!
During our first clearing the guild scored a total of 25+ truly nice items - it would taken us a YEAR of farming Tier 3 pop gods to get this much gear

Out of all time in EQ VT was my favored raiding ground - i could realy feel all the time invested was WELL paid off

ofcourse elemental or GoD items were way better but that was entirely diffirent level of dificulty. Our guild marched victories in VT was ripped to shreds on lowest rank raids we atempted in GoD, like Smith Rondo event =)

of course once DoN come out in 2005 with raids for casual players with ala-ldon style points reward system, VT was quickly adandoned
Old 09-09-2008, 06:33 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

Hmmm. The server isn't listing on the EQemu login. Is it down?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Brachiator
Fire Beetle

Yeah, I tried getting on after work today and cant find it either. Ruh roh!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:52 PM
xSUFIx
Fire Beetle

I think it has something to do with what happened 2 days ago to all of emu, and he hasn't gotten it back up
Old 09-10-2008, 09:35 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

Brach when this gets resolved we need to finally finish a Veeshan and Vex Thal run.

-EST

Aka
Drops Mobs-Warrior
Heals Drops -Cleric
Old 09-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Brachiator
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_sexual_tomato View Post
Brach when this gets resolved we need to finally finish a Veeshan and Vex Thal run.

-EST

Aka
Drops Mobs-Warrior
Heals Drops -Cleric
I agree 100%

aka
Loon's
Old 09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Sorry Guys, i just got in from a business trip to Chicago and never had a chance to check the forums or server status... I'll reset it right now. I probably should have mentioned that I would be away.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Brachiator
Fire Beetle

Default Grouping and Instances

Im not sure if I am the only one running into this (maybe Im not even doing it right).

I was trying to do some PoP flagging and some of it involves being transported to an Instance to run an encounter. I cant seem to get my entire group sent into the Instance. Basically, whoever initiates the text in the group is the only one sent over. Needless to say this is causing me some issues.

I am running 3 toons but I cant even find a way to get just 2 of them in at a time.

Also, what I have noticed with groups is that whoever I have invite people and create the group is the only person who can "see" in the group box all the other group members. My other group members dont have anything showing up in the group box. I have tried to have the group leader initiate the text for the instance hoping that because the entire group shows up on their screen that the full group would be sent to the instance but still only the 1 person.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:06 AM
xSUFIx
Fire Beetle

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25929
Old 09-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Solellron
Fire Beetle

I logged in to the server yet none of the commands are working. Is this intentional or something that's being worked out?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Brachiator
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solellron View Post
I logged in to the server yet none of the commands are working. Is this intentional or something that's being worked out?

Thanks
I guess that depends on what commands you were trying. The only command I know of that works for the average player is #zone.

There is an NPC in PoK that will level you and there is free gear on the merchants behind the leveler.

The #summonitem and #itemsearch do not work for the average player.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Solellron
Fire Beetle

Oh, yeah - that's what I was trying to use was #summonitem and #itemsearch.

I would really like to use these two commands. I was logged onto this particular server a couple of days ago and could use the commands just fine so I'm not really sure what changed...?

Are there any servers out there that have them enabled for the average player?