Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 01-26-2013, 05:32 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Today, I committed the initial spell casting code & AI. The spell data is in the mercs.sql file, which should be rerun. With this commit, healers should heal and tanks will use their aggro discs. I'm still working on dps mercs. For now, stances don't factor in, but will be added in soon.

Another issue I'm working on is the built in merc focus effects. I have most of the data, they are just not implemented yet.

Feel free to comment.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

i picked up on another opcode that might have to with mercs found in 1-16-13 patch [OPCode: 0x27af] OP_MercenaryUnknown2 [Server->Client] [Size: 68] Merc Name????????*** i'll look back on patch 12/12/12 and see if i can find it. 0x38e3 12/12/12 [Size: 68]

all found in patch 1-16-13
Code:
[OPCode: 0x60a8] OP_ZoneEntry [Client->Server] [Size: 76] Players Mercenary or Quest,Corpse,Mercenary Liaison, a_diseased_spiderling's_corpse
[OPCode: 0x39a1] OP_MercenaryTimerRequest [Client->Server] [Size: 0]
[OPCode: 0x6e0e] OP_MercenaryUnknown1 [Server->Client] [Size: 1]
[OPCode: 0x35cc] OP_GroupFollow [Server->Client] [Size: 148] Char Name with Merc Name
[OPCode: 0x27af] OP_MercenaryUnknown2 [Server->Client] [Size: 68] Merc Name????????***
[OPCode: 0x1919] OP_MercenaryDataUpdateRequest [Client->Server] [Size: 0]
[OPCode: 0x27a5] OP_MercenaryList [Server->Client] [Size: 94] Merc Name  ??? OP_MercenaryDataUpdate
[OPCode: 0x5de1] OP_Find [Server->Client] [Size: 112] Blightfire Moors Zone, Banker Etc, Quest,Mercenary Liaison ?? OP_SendFindableNPCs
Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_captain View Post
Today, I committed the initial spell casting code & AI. The spell data is in the mercs.sql file, which should be rerun. With this commit, healers should heal and tanks will use their aggro discs. I'm still working on dps mercs. For now, stances don't factor in, but will be added in soon.

Another issue I'm working on is the built in merc focus effects. I have most of the data, they are just not implemented yet.

Feel free to comment.
Great work. Looks to be working okay so far. They are buffing me; only thing I've noticed right away is I'm getting continuously spammed by their upkeep cost. Not tried combat with them yet. Thanks captain, impressive so far. Look forward to future updates.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:00 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

is there a specific order to run the sql for mercs? wanted to try em out, but having issues trying to run those sql's. only getting errors with em.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM
bad_captain
Developer

From the changelog:
REQUIRED SQL: utils/sql/svn/2383_required_group_ismerc.sql -- adds ismerc column to group_id table
OPTIONAL SQL: utils/sql/svn/2380_optional_merc_rules.sql -- Contains rules for mercs including rule to enable mercs
OPTIONAL SQL: utils/sql/svn/2380_optional_merc_merchant_npctypes_update.sql -- Contains npc_types & spawn updates for merc merchants in PoK
OPTIONAL SQL: utils/sql/svn/2380_optional_merc_data.sql -- Contains basic merc data, template info, & merc merchant entries
OPTIONAL SQL: utils/sql/svn/mercs.sql

Do them in that order. Actually, you just need to do 2380_optional_merc_merchant_npctypes_update.sql before 2380_optional_merc_data.sql, before mercs.sql

The rules one and isMerc for group_id can be done whenever.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM
sorvani
Dragon

run mercs.sql last.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

thanks, that worked for the most part. at the end of sourcing the last one (mercs.sql) i get an error that says " column spell_id cannot be null". gives me four of those errors right at the end.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:07 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Yeah, that happens if the spells_new table doesn't have all of the correct spells. On the default peq spells_new (at least from a while ago), many if not most of the 75-80 spells are duplicates of the 70-75 spells, so it's not matching the spell name.

You can remove the ones it didn't find by doing:
DELETE FROM merc_spell_list_entries WHERE spell_id = 0;

Or, update the spells_new table to have all of the correct spells.

I'll see if I can add the missing spells as needed later.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

ok just a question now that i had a second to install and see it for myself. Upkeep is charging every 3 minutes, not sure if that has been changed, but back a few years when i played upkeep was charged every 10 minutes.

nm i see it can be set in the db
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, I think the SQL for the upkeep cost was committed as testing settings, where it is easier to tell if upkeep is working properly when you don't have to wait 15 minutes between each one. On live, it is 15 minutes for upkeep and 3 minutes for the suspend interval. If you want to set that, you can run the following SQL:

Code:
UPDATE rule_values SET rule_value = 900000 WHERE rule_name = 'Mercs:UpkeepIntervalMS';
UPDATE rule_values SET rule_value = 900 WHERE rule_name = 'Mercs:UpkeepIntervalS';
UPDATE rule_values SET rule_value = 180000 WHERE rule_name = 'Mercs:SuspendIntervalMS';
UPDATE rule_values SET rule_value = 180 WHERE rule_name = 'Mercs:SuspendIntervalS';
I think the upkeep timers are still a bit flakey, but hopefully we can get that stuff ironed out along with a few other things soon.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:05 AM
gibroni
Hill Giant

noticed that after zoning the mercs mana goes to zero. so it isnt retaining their mana when zoning.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:43 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Yeah, nothing is saved currently. I plan on working on buffs & other stuff in the next couple days.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Drajor
Developer

I left Trevius a message on IRC but I am really not sure who this should go to.
After looking into the dbstr_us.txt file changes I was able to pull out data for 2375 mercs. The data includes ID, Race, Type, Confidence, Proficiency and Tier.

Anyone want it?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM
bad_captain
Developer

What's in there that's not already in game? I haven't looked at RoF to see if there were any new mercs, but the rest should be in there ( then again, half or more of them are only available through expansion purchases, special merchant contracts, and other methods that may not be available in game).
Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Drajor
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_captain View Post
What's in there that's not already in game? I haven't looked at RoF to see if there were any new mercs, but the rest should be in there ( then again, half or more of them are only available through expansion purchases, special merchant contracts, and other methods that may not be available in game).
I don't know. I haven't played live since PoP!