Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

Default SOD Client (Got a few questions) for experts

Thanks all that are taking time to read and answer, you guys been great so far i found major of my issues using forum search but they are still some that i can't find out....

1) i have issue when zoning from east commonlands to nektulos forest ... world server keep saying he is throwing me back to east comonland and i get a grey screen ... someone mention somerere to delete on everyquest folder nektulous.eqg but didnt fix my issue ....

2) where do u setup what expension a client own, their is lots of aa's that can't be purchase cause i don't own expension ... i tried changing the global bitmap variable for expesion that could log in but didnt fix .. might have a wrong value for sod tought ... also client saying i own 0 of 0 expension ...

3) respawn rate in lower guk seems to be way off charts ... been near 1h30 before 1 1st mobs i kill respawn ... is their a way to speed this up?

4) when dying i tought u were suppose to reappear at bind points with all you gear ... not sure if its implemented or i have a wrong settings .... i tried also corpse summoners things ... didnt get my corpse back ... so i have to do an old plain corpse recovery LOL

amazing works guys with eqemu ... i tried it about 3 years ago to setup a server and i give up .... tried again 3 days ago and i can play ... lots of little issues just hope i can get helm with them ... and wow for the bot system

Fasthand
Old 12-28-2010, 01:22 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

My client always says I own 0 expansions and I have no trouble buying all of the AAs. Do you actually have points to spend when you click Can Buy, because if you can't afford something it will disappear.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
My client always says I own 0 expansions and I have no trouble buying all of the AAs. Do you actually have points to spend when you click Can Buy, because if you can't afford something it will disappear.
skil im looking to buy is shroud of stealth for my rogue ... and he have 31 unspent aa cost is 6 ...
when i click on can purchase all the tab class disappears
Old 12-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

hummm i think i read in sod you don't have to purchace x in general and x in archetype before ya can buy class specific ... guess that this emu version still requires that ... i might be blonde tought

Fasthand
Old 12-28-2010, 06:48 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You don't need to spend 6 in general, etc. before you can move to other tabs in SoD.

Perhaps shroud of stealth has other prerequisites? Like you can't buy the second set of run speed AAs until you max out the first set. Sorry, I'm not terribly familiar with rogue AA progression.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Derision
Developer

What Revision of the server code are you running ? That AA purchase issue sounds like the one that was fixed in Revision 1726.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
What Revision of the server code are you running ? That AA purchase issue sounds like the one that was fixed in Revision 1726.
well they are working now, applied a lot of mini patch last nite so guess it was that 1726 required and optional one ...

thanks yall for helping me out. on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasthand

1) i have issue when zoning from east commonlands to nektulos forest ... world server keep saying he is throwing me back to east comonland and i get a grey screen ... someone mention somerere to delete on everyquest folder nektulous.eqg but didnt fix my issue .... (i need to confirm with a friend i think he get the same error getting into blackburrow)

3) respawn rate in lower guk seems to be way off charts ... been near 1h30 before 1 1st mobs i kill respawn ... is their a way to speed this up?

4) when dying i tought u were suppose to reappear at bind points with all you gear ... not sure if its implemented or i have a wrong settings .... i tried also corpse summoners things ... didnt get my corpse back ... so i have to do an old plain corpse recovery LOL

5) where can i find the command to initialize the botinventory table in the database some #bot command i get error that it doesnt exist.
Thanks
Old 12-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

Digging a little more in the missing tables for that i found out this ... that gave me the following errrors:
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Source

[SQL]
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS botinventory (
BotInventoryID integer unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
BotID integer unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
SlotID integer signed NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
ItemID integer unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
charges tinyint(3) unsigned DEFAULT 0,
color integer unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
augslot1 mediumint(7) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
augslot2 mediumint(7) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
augslot3 mediumint(7) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
augslot4 mediumint(7) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
augslot5 mediumint(7) unsigned DEFAULT 0,
instnodrop tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
PRIMARY KEY (BotInventoryID),
KEY FK_botinventory_1 (BotID),
CONSTRAINT FK_botinventory_1 FOREIGN KEY (BotID) REFERENCES bots (BotID)
) ENGINE=InnoDB;
[Err] 1005 - Can't create table '.\peq\botinventory.frm' (errno: 121)
Old 12-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

botinventory issue: recreating the database after modifying the path in the sources files ... load_players.sql and load_bots.sql to use full path example: source c:/peqdb/peqdatabase/player_table/filename.sql; fixes all my current issue with botinventory, also fixes some issues with aa's.

posted as refenrence for others.
Fasthand
Old 12-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

Quote:
1) i have issue when zoning from east commonlands to nektulos forest ... world server keep saying he is throwing me back to east comonland and i get a grey screen ... someone mention somerere to delete on everyquest folder nektulous.eqg but didnt fix my issue .... (i need to confirm with a friend i think he get the same error getting into blackburrow). I read more on it on the forums, my clients dont have nektulous.eqg at all and server is not sending me an updated version ... no sure how i will manage to fix that issues ... can someone host that files somewhere for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTE:
Finishing Blow -> From Legacy of Ykesha, appears in the Class section for my aa's on my rogue, while is predecessor and successor are in the Arch type sections ... so guess it should be moved.
thanks all that are helping. im less noob everyday :P
Fasthand
Old 12-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUG GUILD INVITE
I invited my friends into a guild, tought he didnt accept so i invited him again, using /guildinvite ... tought he was blonde so i use the gm command to put him into a guild ... no luck no guild tag appearing ... ask him to camp / reload and he was keep getting a blackscreen ... open up datble guild_members in my database they was 3 entry records matching is char_id ... remove 2 of them and he was able to get in game ...
can we change db rules for no duplicate or if exist update instead of default adding ?

thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasthand View Post
can we change db rules for no duplicate or if exist update instead of default adding ?
char_id is the primary key for the guild_members table. There should be no way MySQL will allow duplicate entries:
Code:
mysql> describe guild_members;
+----------------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field          | Type                  | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| char_id        | int(11)               | NO   | PRI | 0       |       |
| guild_id       | mediumint(8) unsigned | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| rank           | tinyint(3) unsigned   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| tribute_enable | tinyint(3) unsigned   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| total_tribute  | int(10) unsigned      | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| last_tribute   | int(10) unsigned      | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| banker         | tinyint(3) unsigned   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| public_note    | text                  | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| alt            | tinyint(3) unsigned   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)
Code:
mysql> insert into guild_members(`char_id`) values(1234);
Query OK, 1 row affected, 1 warning (0.00 sec)

ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry '1234' for key 1
EDIT: Must be something to do with changes required for bots. I see this in bots.sql
Code:
ALTER TABLE `guild_members` DROP PRIMARY KEY;

Last edited by Derision; 12-29-2010 at 03:10 PM..
Old 12-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Expletus
Hill Giant

Quote:

Don't know if you got this part yet, but this is how I got it to work..

Quote:
PEQ database, goto the rule_values table. Character: DeathItemLossLevel. change that to what level you want to lose your gear when u die. ie. if you wanna corpse run at 15 set it to 15. Death before 15 you keep your gear.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
char_id is the primary key for the guild_members table. There should be no way MySQL will allow duplicate entries:
Code:
mysql> describe guild_members;
| Field          | Type                  | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| char_id        | int(11)               | NO   | PRI | 0       |       |
| guild_id       | mediumint(8) unsigned | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| rank           | tinyint(3) unsigned   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| tribute_enable | tinyint(3) unsigned   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| total_tribute  | int(10) unsigned      | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| last_tribute   | int(10) unsigned      | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| banker         | tinyint(3) unsigned   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
| public_note    | text                  | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| alt            | tinyint(3) unsigned   | NO   |     | 0       |       |
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)
Code:
Query OK, 1 row affected, 1 warning (0.00 sec)

ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry '1234' for key 1
EDIT: Must be something to do with changes required for bots. I see this in bots.sql
Code:
ALTER TABLE `guild_members` DROP PRIMARY KEY;
EDIT: is their an easy query i could apply to set that primary key again?
i learn sql at school about 25 years ago lol with cpp at that times, as soon as i get my setup perfectly workings i wil start peeking arounds

thanks
Old 12-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Derision
Developer

Code:
ALTER TABLE `guild_members` ADD PRIMARY KEY ( `char_id` );
But I don't know if that will break the bots code. Have to think there was a reason that WildcardX dropped the primary key in bots.sql, but I can't think of one of the top of my head.