Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Black Heart
Fire Beetle

Default At my wits end...

I will start this by saying that to call me a noob would probably do an injustice to the noobs. I have absolutely no experience with MySQL or any other sort of database set up...

I am using the EqEmuServer pack installer... (Im thinking I should be able to do this, right...)

every time I try to log into my server to start the game I get this error:

---------------------------------------------
[10.05. - 12:31:44] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_2852.log
[10.05. - 12:31:44] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[10.05. - 12:31:45] [NET__WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to the server 127.0.0.1:9000 failed: TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10061
[10.05. - 12:31:45] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] worldserver.Connect() FAILED! Will retry.
[10.05. - 12:31:45] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Starting main loop...

I have looked through most of the threads that address the 10061 error and have adjusted my set ups accordingly. Nothing has changed.

My Loginserver.ini:
###Your current configuration is as follows:

loginserver.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=My Minilogin
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]

worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

My EqEmu_config.xml
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>My Minilogin</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

My config.ini

[Database]
host=localhost
user=eq
password=eq
database=peq
compression=off

[General]
quests=C:\EQEmu\

my db.ini

###Your current database configuration is as follows:
##db.ini:

[Database]
host=127.0.0.1
user=root
password=eq
database=peq

Now I have no intent of putting this up for public login. We are on dial-up with no high speed access in sight. Just want to set up a server for the family to use on LAN.

I appologise in advance if this is too simple or if Im too much trouble. I jus wanna play EQ again...
Old 10-05-2007, 07:38 AM
godphred
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Heart View Post
[10.05. - 12:31:45] [NET__WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to the server 127.0.0.1:9000 failed: TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10061
The port you are attempting to connect to should be <B>5999</B> like your setup files set it to. You are attempting to connect through port 9000.

Edit your eqhosts file (in your everquest directories) to reflect the port that you set on your server.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
godphred
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by godphred View Post
The port you are attempting to connect to should be <B>5999</B> like your setup files set it to. You are attempting to connect through port 9000.

Edit your eqhosts file (in your everquest directories) to reflect the port that you set on your server.
BTW this is true for the server machine logging in only. If this error is generated from the other hosts on your network you need to edit each of their eqhost files to include, instead of the localhost ip, the servers IP provided by your router. (eg: 192.168.1.2:5999)
Old 10-06-2007, 01:11 PM
gernblan
Discordant

No offense but one of your main issues it that you're using windows.

I'm not trying to bust on windows or anything (even though I hate it's bloated guts) but what I am saying is that through experience, I have found that the server running on Linux is much more stable.

It's WORTH the learning curve (which actually isn't' that much since Linux installs are well documented here).

Another thing to consider is that that server pack installer may be out of date, especially if you're using one that comes with a database. Consider it "not working" and let it take you part of the way, but then get a modern DB (I highly recommend Angelox's classic) and then use the wiki to get it running.. if you insist on staying on windows.

If you're willing to try Linux... grab a good distro (Fedora seems to work a treat, it does for my server anyway... Ubuntu also works with some tweaking.. the best experience I have found has been on gentoo though as you can really tune up the system with it and get rid of ALL bloat easily but it is NOT for the noobie in any way shape or form) head on over to the wiki and prepare to be quite proud of yourself when you get it working.

Because once that part is done, you'll have a very stable, fast and easy to maintain server.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 10-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Wizen_Knight
Fire Beetle

Default Heres some Input Black Heart

Is the Packaged EqEmu Server you are talking about the 3.6 Package from Dark Rouge Productions? If so, yes it will work, I installed that package about 4 months ago a couple of times. At least it worked on My XP SP2 machine. You have to make sure all the pre-req work is done for it to work properly though. Also, some times it doesn't drop the old PEQ tables properly, you need to do that manually if reinstalling. But over all its a really good package for the beginner.

Ok looking at your logs, it appears that EQEmu can not connect to your instance of MySQl's PEQ tables. There are several things that can cause this, lets start with the first.

Making some assumptions here:
1) You are installing on Windows XP
2) You are trying to set up Caveman's PEQ database

You should have downloaded Mysql 4.0.23(NT) and installed it correct? When it is running a Traffic light Icon will be in your trey, the Light should be on "green" not "yellow" or "red". It must be in the "Green" condition to install the PEQ data tables, also it should be on "green" and running before you try and launch the EQEmu world. Else, Dark Rouge's installer will report back errors on DB install.

Ok if you have a green light on the Mysql App, lets check and see if the PEQ (Or Angelxo which ever DB you installed ), is actually in there and running.

The easiest way to do this, for a beginner in Mysql, is with one of the two common GUI's (Graphical Front End's) either Navicat (Shareware, free for 30 days), or Mysql Control Center 0.9.2, which is free at the Mysql site.

[[[Problem area 1 ]]]
Ok once you have a GUI installed, run it and connect to the database use the 'username' = eq and 'password' = 'eq' that you seemed to have set up allready, probably from the CLI interface to your Mysql. Once you get in click on the PEQ table, and see if its populated with like AA_actions, AA_effects, etc,etc. If it is populated, then Mysql is working properly, and you have correctly installed the PEQ tables.

[[[Problem area 2 ]]]
If The Database tables aren't there, you will need to load them via the CLI interface screen as per the Wiki Server setup instructions, BUT first go the CLI now, and goto C:\mysql\bin at the CLI enter mysql -u eq -p <press enter> when it asks for a password, put in eq

IF this doesn't work, then we have found your problem, you haven't set up the Username and password correctly, that you are passing over with your:

config.ini

[Database]
host=localhost
user=eq !!! note EQemu will connect using this user to Mysql
password=eq !!! note EQEmu will attempt to connect using this password
database=peq !!! This is the Database table it is trying to access
compression=off

[[[ Problem area 3 ]]]
Also there is another Possible show stopper in your setup, your DB.ini parameters aren't matching your Config.ini parameters.
###Your current database configuration is as follows:
##db.ini:

[Database]
host=127.0.0.1
user=root ****** Note Change this to user=eq , to match your config.ini
password=eq
database=peq

I would start by making this area 3 change first and testing it.

Godphred is correct about that port usage in the Eqhosts file btw, but you are failing before you get to that problem. (but you need to fix that as well).

Hopefully this helps, Ron