Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Whuppee
Fire Beetle

Default problems with an unmodified from source build of zone.exe

Allow me to emphasize that the server will launch / run correctly, so long as I don't use my build of zone.exe

Also.. I've attempted to CVS the newest source (following the directions in the wiki).. without any success.

As such, I'm currently using the [12/25/06 Source]... which should be the source of the most current binary.

I've setup my project according to the wiki's instructions, and it builds without error (36 warnings.. deprecated functions and such).

I then replaced the zone.exe that I downloaded with my newly built (and unmodified) one.

In contrast to a normal (read: functional) launch, I now see this as part of the server init sequence:

Quote:
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] Launcher Identified itself as 'zones'. Loading zone list.
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] Removing pending launcher 1. Adding zones to active list.
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] zones: dynamic_01 reported state STARTED (1 starts)
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] zones: dynamic_01 reported state STOPPED (1 starts)
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] zones: dynamic_01 reported state STARTED (2 starts)
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] zones: dynamic_01 reported state STOPPED (2 starts)

And dynamic_01 just keeps starting and stopping.

None of the other dynamics attempt to launch.. and any characters attempting to enter the world are told that the zone they're trying to enter is not ready.

Replacing my zone.exe with the one that I initially downloaded restores things to a working state.. which seems to isolate the problem area =P

Any help would be appreciated. I'd really like to get this working so that I can finally start coding.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:52 AM
LostZaphod
Sarnak

Look into the change log file and execute all sql statements that are required (this all depends on where you started at)

I am guessing you used cavedues 3.6 installer, and then downloaded the newest
build. These statements are the ones that have happened since his installer was released

ALTER TABLE `zone` ADD `cancombat` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1';
UPDATE `zone` SET `cancombat` = 0 WHERE short_name = 'nexus';
UPDATE `zone` SET `cancombat` = 0 WHERE short_name = 'poknowledge';
UPDATE `zone` SET `cancombat` = 0 WHERE short_name = 'potranquility';

If you used the 3.52 installer you must execute many SQL stamens starting around the date 4/18/2006, and must be done oldest to newest.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Whuppee
Fire Beetle

Thank you for your reply, but I don't believe we're on quite the same page here.

I originally downloaded my binary from the eqemu downloads page (link). I'm quite new here.. so the binaries I downloaded happen to still be the newest on the list (12/25/06).

These run / work.

I then downloaded the source (from the same page and date).. which, when compiled, should be turning out the functionally-same binaries that I downloaded.

However, the files created from this source don't work.

Thanks for your time.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:59 PM
mattmeck

You still must execute any SQL statments in the change log from 12/25/06 till thye date of the source you downloaded.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Whuppee
Fire Beetle

Issue resolved.

How? Wish I knew. Updated to the just-released binaries.. made sure they ran without issues.. then recompiled the source that came along with them and substituted that build for the downloaded one. Was expecting it to fail just as the previous attempt did, but this one strangely succeeded.

Thank you both for your responses, all the same.