Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Default Where oh where have the custom/legit servers gone?

Are there any more non-s2k/wr dedicated server hosted custom legit servers out there? The only two I've seen are Planes of Power and Sha's Revenge.. and PoP I don't really want to play in emu (had enough of it in live) and Sha's Revenge starts at level 46.. Ehh :/

Is there some, stable, server I'm missing?

(also besides lotd).
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:24 AM
Zephyrs
Fire Beetle

i dunno... ive been looking for the smae myself.. although granted SR starts on 46 its still a great custom server... but their are a lack of custom legit.. most likely because... well less time on ppls hands now compared to say... summer..
Old 12-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Richardo
Banned

World of War is going to own you all when I finnish it...

Custom Zones Created (I am teh l33t 3d modeler)
PVP - Good Vs. Evil
GuildWars Type Server

Basically you do faction quests, raise your faction and join the guild depending on what side you wish to be on, go into a (good) town, talk to the Guild Officer NPC, and he will (knight) you as if it were giving you the title and the guild. If you choose to be neutral, then you are vs/all, even other neuts. The benefits of having a guild gives you the power of having 1 side with you, being neutral... makes you an ally of no one... PvP starts at level 35... Probably around 20 New Zones will be in, been working a lot on zones, I have a new Guild PvP zone created where guilds can go in, register, and await for another guild to come in and register, and they battle and zone is locked to anyone once other guild registers and everyone is there and ready.. Prizes, ect offered to them... Pet Name Change implemented :p... Anyhow, it will be l33t sauce when its done.. its about 55% done so far

The only main problem is getting a server to host.. lols
Old 12-30-2004, 10:32 PM
thekeepers
Fire Beetle

Planes of power isnt just PoP zones...i just chose the name because it thought it was kewl :P
Old 12-31-2004, 03:28 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeepers
Planes of power isnt just PoP zones...i just chose the name because it thought it was kewl :P
Well the start zone was poknowledge so I wasn't sure, I might check it out I still don't like pop much in the emu.

Richardo: PvP Sucks.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:31 AM

rich you server just isn't going to be very good :(
and have u even gotton my pet name code workin? lol
Old 12-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

PvP is fun if its balanced.

Rich, will you fix bards for your l33tSauce server?
Old 01-02-2005, 03:57 PM
MrPanz
Banned

the zek servers were decent eq pvp back in the day, but that pvp system just sounds silly. wierd mechanics with not much logic behind them that just make you wonder why?
Old 01-04-2005, 05:01 AM
canehdian
Sarnak

im trying to make a fully legit custom server atm, gonna take me a while, learning how too make spells and such, but im trying =D
Old 01-04-2005, 11:00 AM
GAYLOVEPANDA
Banned

wow, sounds really promising. i cant wait to play. what a grand concept. how could it fail.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAYLOVEPANDA
wow, sounds really promising. i cant wait to play. what a grand concept. how could it fail.
How sweet.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:59 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Gaylove guy... bbum again?