Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-16-2004, 08:21 PM
elidion
Fire Beetle

Default Just a few Questions

Hey guys, I am new to this whole scene and trying to get this new 6.0 DR1 setup. So here they go

1. In the walkthrough it says the download the 5.9DR2perl zip and to copy the files into the eqemu directory, but those zone and world exe's are the 5.9DR2 now so its not 6.0 anymore. Does that step matter if you are using 6.0?

2. I get an error when the server loads saying it cant find the eqtime.cfg

3. Other people seem to be able to connect to my server but myself. I changed the eqhost.txt to reflect the Eqemu login servers, and I created my login account. But when I try to login it just says login timeout, with no error codes. I am not behind a firewall and I dont understand what else could be causing the problem.

Any info would be very appriciated, thanks

Elidion
Old 10-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

1. No it shouldnt matter

2. Thats normal, it should recreate the time file for you.

3. If you have the latest everquest client then your eqhost file should look like this:

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

That should work, let me know if you have any other problems.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:51 PM
elidion
Fire Beetle

thanks, the information I had in the eqhost file was exactly what you said, but it started working all the sudden. Now when I get in the game, I can connect to other servers but when I try to connect to mine, it tells me to repatch the game with a 1017. All the while, I got some guys on the internet running around in Halas and rivervale according to the zone servers.

I do notice when those people connect, I get a an
[Error] HandlePacket() Opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING: opcode: 0x037f, size: 0

I also seem to be getting other unknown opcodes, is this normal? I am not getting any errors other than the eqtime.cfg when the world and zones load.