Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:36 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Default World.exe- MySQL path not found error

So the first attempt I had to make a server worked, except for I wanted bots, but they had negative hp on UF client or millions of hp on titanium client. I tried to change the bot.cpp to fix this, and I ended up with numerous errors and it never fixed until I eventually logged on and had nothing but red text when I had bots out.

I then attempted several times uninstalling and reinstalling everything (and changing the bot.cpp) before I compiled. And it took maybe 15-20 attempts to finally get 1 that had no failures and the server would start and let me log on.

The server loads and starts up, but this pops up on World.exe

Code:
MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue...
I read on other posts that this has to do with the PATH and potentially due to having the old PATH variable still in there.

My previous server that did not work my PATH was:
C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C: \Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin

My current server that works (but has this message) is the exact same:
C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C: \Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin

As of right now I have not had any issues on the server, but I assume eventually I may if I have to manually update every time an update is needed. (I pretty much just followed the tutorial- no real understanding of coding or anything else etc.)

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Uleat
Developer

Quote:
They look the same to me...

Try removing the ' ' between C: and \Program in the last entry to see what happens.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-18-2015, 07:18 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Thanks for reply.

Didn't notice that in the post originally. It is just something with the forum post that gives it a space (odd but cannot figure out why) , there is not actually a space in there on the actual PATH value.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Uleat
Developer

This posting shows and extra '/mysql' in the path entry: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...p&postcount=21

I honestly don't know anything about using the xampp version..but, someone else may have some insight.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-19-2015, 07:32 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Tried that, it did not work.

I think it has something to do with the password.

I changed the password when I did the tutorial and in the CMD window it works, in HEIDISQL it works.

But when I use xampp to start MySQL it does not load the password I put in.. so not sure exactly what I need to do to fix that.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Uleat
Developer

Read through these two pages and see if it resonates: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...xampp+password

[Spoiler: second to last post mentions something about a user/password issue]

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-20-2015, 07:17 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

I did use that post to originally set up the config file.

I finally got the mysql phpadmin to work by going to :

http://localhost/xampp/

Then clicked the Security Tab

Clicked:
http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php

Changed my password to the exact same thing it was.

And I could now log in to phpadmin. But still at a loss on getting mysql to be recognized when I start the server.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:12 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

So after numerous re-installs.

Get the bots working, but there is no loot dropping.

Get bots and loot, and then cannot engage in combat etc.

I did the install as the tutorial suggested. But at the end I deleted the PATH extension altogether. When I started the server, it still did not connect to mysql path for the auto-update.

I started by trying to use the installer for PERL to repair but it would not let me choose the original options (listed in the tutorial). And going to Modify, clicking next did not do anything.

I then went into CCleaner under tools, and did a repair on PERL- which it did something for about 3 seconds. I then restarted the computer.

Started xampp- mysql.

The PATH no longer exists, but my server now connects to mysql and can do the auto updates.

So not really sure if there is any solution other than try to repair PERL or other programs that are added into the Environment Variables under PATH. (Xammp could not be repaired, but Tortuise and PERL could)