Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-01-2006, 12:55 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Don't forget the ; at the end of the command.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Worktruck
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufferofnewbies
Don't forget the ; at the end of the command.
I apperciate you answering me about the ; but it still will not take the command even when I put in the semicolon
Old 10-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Try it this way....

Code:
INSERT INTO accounts VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, , 0, 0, '192.168.0.22', 0, 0);
It seems you had a couple of entries out of sync.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worktruck
Okay, then let me make myself clearier I've tried every variation that I could think of putting that line in the data table putting it in exactly like you say:
INSERT INTO accounts VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, , 0, 0, 0, 0, '192.168.0.22')

I get:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 0, 0, 0, 0, 192.168.0.22)' at line 1 1064

Which is the same error I get every time I've entered this line into the query browser.
Tell you lean how to move around better in MySql, I suggest you download and use "MySQL Query Browser" from the MySql site;
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html
MySQL Query Browser will give you a "visual" on all this and you'll be able to see better what you are doing, right or wrong. Also, if you install this, take notice of the bottom right-hand corner where there is a great help and info on what to do

Also, this one helps a lot ; MySQL Administrator 1.2 for back ups, setting privs., etc
Old 10-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Subzeroevil
Fire Beetle

Default Quary browser

i just trying tis out but what do you put in server host spot in the Quary browser ?

thanks for the help

and when i put my server router ip iget this mysql error #1130
host'bsa1-windsor 12-1088735676.dsl.bell.canot allowedto connectto this mysql server any hel would be great

Last edited by Subzeroevil; 10-29-2006 at 02:39 PM..
Old 11-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Moonracer
Fire Beetle

Default SQL syntax error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
when using:

INSERT INTO accounts VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, , 0, 0, 0, 0, '192.168.0.22')

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 0, 0, 0, 0, 192.168.0.22)' at line 1 1064
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worktruck, I got this same error. You may have already fixed this, but I'm going to put in what worked for me in case anyone else has this issue. To fix this error I used:

INSERT INTO account VALUES (1, 'Admin', '', 0, 'mini', 250, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, '192.168.0.22');

I needed account instead of accounts (my db was using this word). I needed to send an empty string in the seventh field (did I leave strict mode on?). I also put in a semicolon at the end of the command.

I hope this helps anyone out there that's stuck.

Moonracer
Old 11-01-2006, 02:46 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Those are Two Single quotes put together - for those that wonder what the " is. It looks like (dbl quote) '' or (two songle quote) " - similar but wrong.Mysql can use either for strings, but they must be two of each to encapsulate a string. Numeric variables can use 2 single quotes

Just FYI
GeorgeS

The MySQL King

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//