Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-23-2023, 12:14 PM
warmac99
Fire Beetle

Default Local server setup using TAKP Database: How?

Hello and thanks for any help that can be provided. I am interested in setting up a local server and using/sourcing the Takp database. I have set up servers before using the installer etc. I am by no means an expert, but I do have a basic understanding of how the set up works on the back end. That being said how can i use the server installer, but then change to the takp database instead of the auto sourced in PEQ DB? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-2023, 11:06 PM
nazwadi
Fire Beetle

The challenge with doing this is that the TAKP database doesn't use a compatible schema that EQEMU source code expects; each version of EQEMU's server is generally aligned with a PEQ db version.

From what I can tell, you would have to update the TAKP database schema to look like the PEQ db version tied to your EQEMU server version (preserving the data you are probably trying to get into your server build).

The alternative of course is to just stand up a server using TAKP's server source. Their installer script is a few folders deep in the repo, but worked great once I found it:

https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server/b...ic-release).sh
Old 09-24-2023, 01:48 AM
warmac99
Fire Beetle

Ahh I see so basically the fastest easiest way to get a server going with their database would be to fire up a linux VM and run that script. Thank you for the help!
Old 09-24-2023, 10:00 AM
nazwadi
Fire Beetle

Yes. You can wget/curl that script, and start by editing the fields defined at the top under "System User, Database and Dirs". Once that's done, I'd start with using the "preinstall" and then "install" options. One of these two will generate a new copy of the script inside the server directory. Use this copy in that directory from here on out.

After that, you'll want to use "setupini" which generates a login.ini and db.ini file - as far as I can tell this is only needed if you are running your own loginserver (which you probably will be on a local server).

Where you may hit snags booting it up (as of this writing):
* The script puts puts a LSsettings_table field in the login.ini under the [database] section which doesn't appear to work. I don't think this is being used, but it *does* want a "loginserver_setting_table" under the [schema] section with the same tablename listed (tblloginserversettings). The default is to have a separate database for loginsserver tables.

* chat_opcodes.conf needs to be symlinked from the root of the server directory in order for ucs to boot up. You'll find this in source/utils/patches/chat_opcodes.conf. The script won't symlink that one for you.

* patch_Mac.conf need to be symlinked as well - this is found in source/utils/patches/patch_Mac.conf

* Your login.ini allows you to set up auto_registration for new accounts, but barring that (and assuming you don't have a registration website to do this) you would need to manually create accounts in your loginserver database (tblLoginServerAccounts).

* Troubleshooting Login: If you run the loginserver manually, it produces stdout/stderr output that makes it much easier to troubleshoot initial login to and from server select from your client. Running it via the script pipes that output to /dev/null because you won't want it once you get everything working.

Login Server Details:
* First add a server admin account (this is not a GM account) to tblServerAdminRegistration. You'll use this account name and password in your eqemu_config.json for the loginserver settings.

* Add your world server entry to tblWorldServerRegistration and make sure the ServerID from the previous step is added under ServerAdminID. The LongName and ShortName you set in here will also be in your eqemu_config.json

* Make sure you have a tblloginserversettings; this sets allowed client types, whether server select displays population count (or just UP/DOWN), and sets the ticker displayed on compatible clients.

* tblServerListType should have Legends, Preferred, and Standard

* User accounts, of course, go in tblLoginServerAccounts (either web registration, manual adds to the database, or via auto_registration). The server will populate these in your player data once you create a new character.

I hope that's helpful. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2023, 08:01 PM
corduroyclancy
Fire Beetle

I know it's asking a lot, but are there any guides on setting up a local server with TAKP for someone who hasn't done it before?
Old 01-05-2024, 03:53 PM
ozzfreak
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyclancy View Post
I know it's asking a lot, but are there any guides on setting up a local server with TAKP for someone who hasn't done it before?
I second this ^_^

For Windows would be great, but Linux would be good too. I've just had the most horrible of experiences setting up a Linux server.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:12 AM
cdolick24
Fire Beetle

Did anyone ever respond on this? I also am interested in a guide
Old 03-24-2024, 02:32 PM
noobiest
Fire Beetle

Default Local Server Guide (kind of)

Hey, so like everyone here, I was struggling mightily to get my own server up and running, when I stumbled across this YouTube video.

It's long, and there's no timestamp/description links, but if you do what he does, you'll come out all right. My server is now working, w00t!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjrzdlem3ZA
Old 03-25-2024, 07:48 PM
cdolick24
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiest View Post
Hey, so like everyone here, I was struggling mightily to get my own server up and running, when I stumbled across this YouTube video.

It's long, and there's no timestamp/description links, but if you do what he does, you'll come out all right. My server is now working, w00t!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjrzdlem3ZA
I spent handful of hours trying to make it work, but struggled get the container to populate on docker, it might be a few years but hopefully someone much more skilled than I can come up with a batch/installer for this type of project.