Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Keldroth666
Fire Beetle

Default All mobs are all indifferent

All the mobs on my server con indifferent. I looked at the faction tables in navicat and they have values, so why is nothing kos or friendly or anything but indifferent? Can anyone help me get the factions fixed up? Also I want my server to use the classic player models, so if you know about that too, that'd help me out a lot. Thanks.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
trevius
Developer

Sounds like you forgot to source the required SQL updates when you updated your server version. Try this one:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem...ction_list.sql
Old 05-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Sounds like you forgot to source the required SQL updates when you updated your server version. Try this one:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem...ction_list.sql
That's exactly what the problem is, cause the same thing happened with me. The only thing that is different here is that I sourced a very early sql that was posted that wasn't working so I had to merge the new into a backup.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Keldroth666
Fire Beetle

So I did a fresh install with r1404 and when I tried to source that sql file it spit a bunch of errors at me about those columns already existing etc, so i looked at the db and it appears to me to be up to date but everything still cons indifferent. Thank you for your help.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Try a later revision, 1404 was right on the ball with that change, I think they fixxed a few things.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Meged
Fire Beetle

May be a simple answer. Are you running around with gm mode on? I can't check right now but I believe with gm on everything cons indifferent.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Keldroth666
Fire Beetle

So I started with a fresh rev1410 database today, sourced that faction_list update, and logged in with a brand new non-gm account but everything is still indifferent, do other people using 1410 have working factions?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:06 PM
trevius
Developer

What server code revision are you running?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
pfyon
Discordant

I second checking if you're GM flagged.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Triplegilaman
Fire Beetle

I'm having the same issue. Now I don't really know the eqemu data model but the faction_list table appears to me to be a default faction list - like a starting faction. So fixing that wouldn't fix all mob factions, and I too have all mobs conning indifferent and no messages when I kill a mob on a faction.

I see is that in the npc_types table, all values in the column npc_faction_id are 0. Maybe this field is legacy and isn't used (again I don't know the data model), but it would be my guess that this could be part of the issue.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Frosef
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplegilaman View Post
I'm having the same issue. Now I don't really know the eqemu data model but the faction_list table appears to me to be a default faction list - like a starting faction. So fixing that wouldn't fix all mob factions, and I too have all mobs conning indifferent and no messages when I kill a mob on a faction.

I see is that in the npc_types table, all values in the column npc_faction_id are 0. Maybe this field is legacy and isn't used (again I don't know the data model), but it would be my guess that this could be part of the issue.
The first 167 records of my npc_types table have faction ID of 0, since they're pets. Everything else has various numbers, so I don't think it's a legacy field and does indeed sound like the problem.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:13 AM
Keldroth666
Fire Beetle

server is 1410 also
Old 05-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

It's working fine for me with the last version I compiled (rev 1449) and the latest PEQ database (peqdb_rev1410).

Sounds like you need to update your code to a newer revision.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:52 PM
venecha
Fire Beetle

Is there a pre-compiled 1449 code revision (with bots enabled) for download? I am having the same problem as the above, GM flag is -not- on. DB revision is 1410, but the latest compiled bot code revision was 1316 on sourceforge. However, when I installed the non-bot code rev 1410, it still didn't fix the issue with faction. Not only does everything con as indifferent, but if you kill something, it doesn't change your faction. I've even tried logging in on a completely non-gm account to see if it had something to do with the gm code on the account my gm char is on.

Not sure what else to try.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 PM
trevius
Developer

When your database revision and code don't match like that, there are likely to be issues, which is the cause of your problem. If you are running Rev1410 of the DB, you need to be running Rev1410 of the source code/binaries. Sometimes it is ok for them not to match up with exact revisions, but your source/binaries should always be at least as new as your database revision or newer. And you have to run any required SQL updates between the DB revision and the source revision from the /utils/sql/svn/ folder.

No, there aren't any newer builds with bots on the Google SVN yet (we don't use sourceforge). Compiling it yourself isn't all that hard to do once you set it up to work properly the first time.

You can use this wiki for help with compiling:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008