Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-09-2005, 09:16 PM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default I think you opened the wrong file...

Try to re-extract the source, and just open the .sln file, not the other one... The .sln has all the updated files in it, and eqnetwork removed, etc...
Old 06-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I downloaded and extracted his rar and exe and tried both , I was assuming all the files needed were included.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 06-10-2005, 03:14 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I think your right Suede , I didnt use the sln, got ahead of myself I geuss , I will try that when I get home , thanks again.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 06-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Works great Suede , Thanks alot for this , now to try to fix the PoK books so they work . btw if anyone knows how allready let me know lol

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 06-10-2005, 04:41 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

there was a post a while back by sysadmin about fixing the pok stones. I havent gotten around to putting it into peq's database, but should give you a good idea on whats up.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:28 PM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default I found the doors...

I found sysadmin's thread with all the doors in it, and put them all into one SQL file, so anyone can download if from my site. It is called doors_sysadmin.sql I haven't sourced or tested it yet, but I will let you all know when I do.

http://www.steelpsychos.com/index.php?link=eqemu.php

-Suede-
Old 06-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I just looked at what you have Suede, that looks like its a fix to add the PoK books and some doors , Im talking about a fix to actually make them work . Right now when you click on them they just port you to the zone you are allready in. I have all of the portals in PoK allready and all of teh books to port you to PoK all over norrath but none of them will port you out of the zone you are allready in. Or am I looking at this wrong and it will fix the problkem of not being able to port?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Last edited by Sakrateri; 06-11-2005 at 04:43 AM..
Old 06-10-2005, 09:57 PM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default I think I found the code...

I think this is the code that moves the PC if the door is clicked...
Code:
    if (opentype == 58 && strncmp(dest_zone,"NONE",strlen("NONE")) != 0 ){ // Teleport door!
        if ( strncmp(dest_zone,zone_name,strlen(zone_name)) == 0) {
  			//dunno why, but this dosent seem to work all the time:
            //sender->GMMove(dest_x,dest_y,dest_z);
           	sender->MovePC((const char*) NULL, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z);
        }
        else {
           	sender->MovePC(dest_zone, dest_x, dest_y, dest_z);
        }
Edit: The code looks sound, so I don't know why it's not working... Maybe there's something wrong with the destination zones in the DB or the way the db code reads the destination zone...

Last edited by SuedeWorthey; 06-11-2005 at 06:09 AM..
Old 06-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I saw that last night and using a doors.cpp from an older source that they worked on I tried to replicate it to this one , It did not make the zone crash and compiled fine but did not do anything and then I noticed in the zone folder there is a new file called zoning.cpp that does not appear in any other version and looking through there I think we have our problem , As I am by no means a coder and only a couple of months of self taught compiling I have no idea what to do to fix it , But I will keep trying ! and thanks for looking into it Suede.
Also Cavedude said right after he said " DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS " so please dont but he thought they may have changed movepc from using zone names to using zoneIDs ? I have no idea what to do at that point but mabey you may be able to use that . but still looking at that zoning.cpp it sure has an awful lot of SendZoneCancels in there ?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Last edited by Sakrateri; 06-11-2005 at 06:17 AM..
Old 06-11-2005, 12:11 AM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default MovePC

I did notice that there are 3 implementations of MovePC. One Is by ID, one is by zone name and the other has no space for zone, so I assume it's the current zone. I am going to edit the code and try a few things to see what I can get done.

Off-Topic:
I noticed Fathernitwit was running a 0.6.1 DR2 server... Is this source currently available on CVS???
Thanks,

-Suede-
Old 06-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Cofruben has a compiled version of DR2 in the Development section , I tried it lastnight and couldnt get world to boot , it would only flash very fast and trying to see what it was saying it looked like it was just a bunch of opcodes , as far as source im not sure. Thanks for working on this door thing its really stopping me from progressing here. I wish I could be of some use and knew some more but I will keep messing with the code too on the hope I will accidently fix something lol , Take care

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 06-11-2005, 01:05 AM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default I found the error!

I wanna try this Junior Dev Stuff...
Alright, there is a problem in zoning.cpp.
Looks like a copy, paste error.

Original Code: zoning.cpp line 318
Code:
void Client::MovePC(const char* zonename, float x, float y, float z, int8 ignorerestrictions, bool summoned, ZoneMode zm) {
	MovePC(zone->GetZoneID(), x, y, z, ignorerestrictions, summoned, zm);
}
Changed to:
Code:
void Client::MovePC(const char* zonename, float x, float y, float z, int8 ignorerestrictions, bool summoned, ZoneMode zm) {
	//MovePC(zone->GetZoneID(), x, y, z, ignorerestrictions, summoned, zm);
	MovePC(database.GetZoneID(zonename), x, y, z, ignorerestrictions, summoned, zm);
}
I will update my links on my website with the new code in approximately 10 minutes... I will also test the code.

Edit 1:
Upload complete. Testing begins...
Edit 2:
Code works great, just need to update DB for proper coords. I zoned right inside the qeynos stone when I zoned.

-Suede-

Last edited by SuedeWorthey; 06-11-2005 at 09:17 AM..
Old 06-11-2005, 02:34 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Woot !! Your the bomb diggity !!! Thanks bud !

Recompiled with that fix and YES it does work !

You here that Bel ?? WOOT I SAY !

Game Gallery

My Forums

Last edited by Sakrateri; 06-11-2005 at 11:46 AM..
Old 06-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Man fix one thing and five more break lol, well the portals are workingnow but I am getting zones crashing with something coming up undefined pet structure? wtf? didnt even do anything with pets lol , any ideas on that one?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 06-11-2005, 04:41 AM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default Yeah

I don't know exactly why it says that because the pet structure is defined in the source file, but I am trying to work that one out now... I had that problem before the last fix, but it didn't just jump out. Anyway, I'll post as I fix...

-Suede-