Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 AM
So_1337
Dragon

That's right, Congdar. This wouldn't be an issue except for the fact that melee overflow was only occurring and pulling full zone trains based upon what was on the client's hatelist. I'd advocate putting the client hatelists back in if the issue were solved somehow, but it seems to be causing more trouble than it's worth for the time.

And yes, currently if you FD while a spell is being cast, it will hit you and nothing will happen. On Live, your FD would be broken and mobs would continue to attack you. AEs hitting you would have the same effect, they didn't have to be targeted spells.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:31 PM
trevius
Developer

If WhipeHateList() is added for escape, fading memories and FD, I think it will work exactly the way it does on live. FD won't pull full zone trains if the client hate list is wiped after they get the forgotten about you message.

The only case where I think it could still be an issue is if someone FDs and a mob walks back to it's spawn point. That is supposed to clear FD if it worked like live. But, if the issue is that the client hate list still exists when that happens, we can just add another WhipeHateList() there so it catches both player and NPC hate lists. I know I have seen the code for NPCs returning to their spawn point after they leave combat somewhere, but I can't find it atm. I will put the code here if/when I find it.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Congdar
Developer

I just wanted throw out a couple of thoughts I was having about this.

Do memblur spell effects have this problem? How do those spells handle the hate lists?
What other memblur, fd, fade, etc. type effects should we consider before implementing this code?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:52 PM
trevius
Developer

Actually yes, I am pretty sure Memblur spells do have this problem lol. I just happened to be looking into something else last night and noticed the effect for memblur only wiping the hate list for NPCs. Which should mean that Memblur works for the first time currently in SVN since the hate lists were removed from players. But I posted a fix for it to work (I think it should anyway) even with hate lists being added to players as well as NPCs. So, that should resolve that issue and one other Memblur issue too I hope.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26528

Funny that you posted this shortly after I posted that Memblur fix lol.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Congdar
Developer

heh, that is funny. i don't remember reading that post, but I must have since it was making my brain itch about the same thing.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 AM
KLS
Administrator

I have no problem bringing back hate lists for clients but:

1) If a npc loses all hate on a client the client should clear that npc from their table as well.
2) 1 can't apply if the client is computer controlled.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:30 PM
trevius
Developer

I am still trying to figure out why the wait timer setting isn't working.

So far, I have only seen 1 other issue with this that needs to be resolved before it could be submitted. For some reason heals and buffs are not causing OOC Regen to stop, so healers basically have unlimited mana in fights. I figure I can find out why in the heal aggro code.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

In live buffs don't cause you to gain agro IIRC. I'll have to verify that. Heals definitely should though.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:53 PM
trevius
Developer

I know for sure that buffs used to cause aggro when I played Live. Rune procs were one of the better aggro generators. Also, if you cast a buff on a noobie while they were killing something, you would take faction hits when it died.

It isn't really buffs that I am so worried about, it is mostly heals. But HP buffs could be used as heals, so buffs should really cause hate too.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:03 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
I know for sure that buffs used to cause aggro when I played Live. Rune procs were one of the better aggro generators. Also, if you cast a buff on a noobie while they were killing something, you would take faction hits when it died.

It isn't really buffs that I am so worried about, it is mostly heals. But HP buffs could be used as heals, so buffs should really cause hate too.

when someone killing dervishes in comons asked my druid for SoW I always waited till they stop fighting to cast it - i valued my faction. yeah buffs should defently put you on hate list
Old 10-17-2008, 03:47 AM
steve
Discordant

On Live, when my druid heals my pet, he does not get any faction hits when the mob dies. I'm not sure if this is unique to healing pets though. Always bugged me because then I need to remember to cast something on the mob to get the faction hit.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
On Live, when my druid heals my pet, he does not get any faction hits when the mob dies. I'm not sure if this is unique to healing pets though. Always bugged me because then I need to remember to cast something on the mob to get the faction hit.
Yes, my necro had to do at least one point of damage to get the faction hits while my pet defended me. I think that meant I also had to do at least one point of damage to get the exp as well.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:10 PM
trevius
Developer

Probably a big reason for pets not getting faction hits is because I remember people going AFK with a pet up at the orcs in west commons so they could get FP faction so they could trade in NFP. Free AFK faction gains was probably a large reason to remove it from pets. Though, if you are healing the pet, you aren't AFK so you should really be able to get faction IMO.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Yathozemli
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Ya, that too does sound like a fun idea! Though, I would think it would need to be a bit more complex and scale up per level, but shouldn't be too hard to figure out a simple equation. I will see if I can write a rule or 2 for Player OOC regen. Maybe having 1 for the regen amount and another for level scaling. So, you could have it regen a level 1 character to full HPs in 15 seconds, but a level 70 character might take 1 minute or something if you wanted it to scale. Of course with an option to turn both off and use normal regen rates. That should be pretty easy code to write.
I didn't read all the way through the thread, but I think if a person would like to do out of combat regens without messing with the code, they could simply create new spells to be used as a clicky that uses the make fragile effect. This way they get nice OOC regens but lose them when aggresive action is taken. Kinda like the level 10 discipline Focused Will.

Just an idea, but I think I'm going to implement this on my server.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:12 PM
trevius
Developer

Ya, that would work ok on individual servers to setup custom stuff for regen. But, that isn't exactly the point of this thread. The point is for a rule so admins can setup out of combat regen for characters. It is actually almost all complete, but I need to add IsEngaged() back to the emu for it to work properly. I would also need to work out a few minor things with aggro from healing and maybe some other stuff. Other than that, it is pretty much all ready to go. I got side-tracked working on some other stuff, so I never finished this. Hopefully I will get some time soon to get OOC regen finished.