Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 07-30-2009, 04:21 AM
Savnok
Fire Beetle

J&R Music World has copies (new) of SoF for $10.92 shipped. That is the best I could find currently and even beating the Ebay.
J&R is a fine fine company and you will get yor DVD. They have been around forver.
No I do not work for them ..life becoming a 24/7 Geico commercal for you? LOL, I know.

$10.92 shipped new DVD SoF copies. I am hearing this DVD is becomming extinct soon. Ouch
Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 AM
provocating
Demi-God

When I bought mine from NewEgg for $5 shipped, I almost ordered 3 or 4.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Just deleted a message, keep in mind:

Quote:
Warez Is NOT Allowed
-This includes the transfer of any copyrighted material, including EQ Files and backpatches. Requesting files, even in a PM, will result in a ban.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Greyhelm
Sarnak

It was me. My apologies. Guess I should read the rules. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:35 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

I got my copy on ebay brand new sealed for $5
Old 01-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Medium Priority Work:
1. Stamina/Endurance - Stamina/Endurance does not regenerate properly and seems to drop when you zone. I believe this is because Live now sends endurance update packets and SoF probably does as well, but Titanium does not.
Is this still an issue ? If so, what exactly is the issue ?

I took a quick look yesterday and a warrior with the SoF client seemed to be regnerating endurance (the number the client showed didn't exactly match #showstats, but it didn't seem far out), and I didn't see endurance drop on zoning.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, it seems to have been corrected at some point and I don't know exactly when. It could have been fixing the consume packets or something else. I do think that SoF probably wants to get endurance update packets just like the health and mana updates, but it seems to be working ok without them as far as I can tell. If we see any more issues with it, we can always try adding an endurance update packet and see if that helps.

I finally messed with the encode/decode of the inspect packet for SoF again last night and got it working fine for SoF clients to inspect Titanium clients. I think I figured out why neither client can inspect SoF clients. I think they must have changed how it works since Titanium and now instead of the OP_InspectRequest going all the way from the inspector to the inspectee, I think it now just goes to the server and the server replies with the info instead of the inspectee replying. So packet handling would need to be able to build the reply packet if the inspectee is an SoF client.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:52 AM
ptarp
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
2. Auras - The logs show Auras being used seem to work the same as normal buffs.
Just wanted to mention that on live auras actually create a spawn that is persistent for about 6 hours, and all but the shaman's (its stationary) stays with the caster even after zoning. If the aura spawn is up, the buff icon goes to the "Auras" window of the caster along with an "effect" buff that goes to the song window on beneficial auras. Most of them have an area affect that will affect all group members or mobs within 50 to 60 paces, and they get the "effect" song in thier window as well.
Wizard and shaman auras are mainly detrimental (I think), and affect mobs within the radius while mage aura adds a buff to their own pet only, and those don't create an effect buff in the window. Chanter, cleric, and melee auras are positive for the group that range from XP bonus (chanter learner's aura), and AC, or regen.
There's a little more to it, but they definately don't work the same as normal buffs.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 PM
trevius
Developer

Thanks for the info. I had never used them myself. The only aura thing I have played with on Live was some freebie veteran reward I had on my character. Clicking it showed an effect around my character, but the buff itself showed up in the normal buff window. I just assumed that was the same thing as the new aura system, but I guess it isn't.

I updated the original post in this thread with a small note about what you mentioned. I also updated and moved the Azone2 and Max Level issues into the recently resolved section, as Derision and KLS (and I think Secrets) have fixed them.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:11 AM
mixxit
Hill Giant

*ignore this - i had some sort of file in use issue with azone2*