Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Yeah having OFFICIAL Mercs supported by client would be nice, but unfortunately they were only added with SoD which is even beyond our newest retail package we moving towards to. (SoF)
Old 06-02-2009, 08:26 AM
provocating
Demi-God

See you guys, I told you he was on it !

Go, go, go !
Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 AM
trevius
Developer

I don't know how complicated it would be, but since some things like Adventures and Group Leadership AAs require the client to think it has real group members, I am wondering how hard it would be to code something in to handle that without having bots enabled. Basically, I wouldn't want players to be able to use them, but for testing purposes it would be nice to be able to just run a command that will spawn a group of NPCs. They wouldn't need any AI or special code for them other than that they can join your group. Like an extremely trimmed down bot just for code testing group related code only.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
I don't know how complicated it would be, but since some things like Adventures and Group Leadership AAs require the client to think it has real group members, I am wondering how hard it would be to code something in to handle that without having bots enabled. Basically, I wouldn't want players to be able to use them, but for testing purposes it would be nice to be able to just run a command that will spawn a group of NPCs. They wouldn't need any AI or special code for them other than that they can join your group. Like an extremely trimmed down bot just for code testing group related code only.
You could enable bots but then limit the bot commands to 250 status.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:08 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

from what I remember LDOn requres at least 3 people in group to get an adventure. AFTER you got a mission you can disband the other 2 and enter on your own - I seen this done on LIVE back in the day. This is posible cuase othewise if a player on LDON mission dies and gets disconected he needs some way to get back in- hence entering ldon while NOT in the group is OK as long as you stil have adventure assigned to you

So simplest solution for you Trev would simply log in 2 boxes, group with them get adventure and then go check it ut wihout actualy having to drag the boxes along.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:36 PM
pfyon
Discordant

What about making a bot client? Something that would connect as another account and just run in the background on your computer. Take commands via monitoring /tells. We already know exactly how the client interacts with the server and vice versa so it should be easy to make a client 'simulator'.

It would also shift the burden of AI processing from the server to the client.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Snoopdog
Sarnak

So in the long run though, the end result would be to allow the bots into LDoN or not ?
Old 06-02-2009, 07:30 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfyon View Post
What about making a bot client? Something that would connect as another account and just run in the background on your computer. Take commands via monitoring /tells. We already know exactly how the client interacts with the server and vice versa so it should be easy to make a client 'simulator'.

It would also shift the burden of AI processing from the server to the client.
See MQ2 + good macros
Old 06-02-2009, 08:40 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
You could enable bots but then limit the bot commands to 250 status.
If bot commands can be set to GM status only, what reason is there to not have bots enabled by default? I had always assumed there were separate builds/options for a reason. If there isn't any other reason, then wouldn't there just be 1 build and it would include bots, but just give the option to have the bot commands set to high for anyone to use? This is why I haven't enabled bots, because I think there has to be something other than just the commands that come into play when bots are enabled.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Necx
Fire Beetle

It really don't make sense to not have bots count as a group. I mean you set it up to add bot to group. So why can't they count?

Or least be able to enter the instance with just yourself. then you can add or spawn bots.

Either way it's still forcing people to group. One thing i hated about EQlive before i quit.

Freedom to solo was run short after awhile.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:08 AM
trevius
Developer

KLS, when you are done with the adventure stuff, do you think you could write up a quick wiki page to explain what to populate the tables with? Most of it looks fairly straight forward, but I am not quite sure about all of them.

If you want, I will start a page that includes all of the tables so far and put in info on what I think goes in each field that looks straight forward. Then, you could just fill in the info that is missing and correct anything that is wrong.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:24 AM
KLS
Administrator

Like I said the only obstacle for bots is accepting adventures, even that shouldn't be too difficult. Bots should otherwise function fine in adventures.

I probably can write up what it all means but it wont be for a few days, I'm finalizing ldon traps at the moment which is yet another set of tables you need~
Old 06-03-2009, 03:24 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

on related note: KLS - I hope that that instancing will not be hard coded to any SPECIFIC zones =)

Hopefuly the system will be as flexiable as allwoing me to make West Karana into an instance and award Guk LDOn points for it

in other words - server admin should be able to turn any zone into an instance, (or use any known instance zone as static) with any ldon poitns awraded for it or even complitly separate of any "adventures"
Old 06-03-2009, 03:40 AM
KLS
Administrator

Yeah you can set up any zone and any version of the zone. Course adventures have to be inside instances, they wouldn't work very well in shared zones anyway just due to their nature.

For example my test instances are normal black burrow =p
Old 06-03-2009, 04:28 AM
trevius
Developer

I started working on a basic Adventures Wiki page here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...goryAdventures

The important part is the Adventure Tables link to this page:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...dventureTables

So far, I only have notes for the First table listed there, and I am sure they are not all completely accurate, and some might be totally wrong. But, at least it is a start and a decent layout for explaining the tables that are in so far.