Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-04-2004, 04:30 AM
Dirtbag
Fire Beetle

Default Help request

OK, first, I have searched the forums for three days, and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. So, please keep the flamethrowers on idle for a few minutes...

I started building my own eqemu server right when EQLive patched on June 30. So, I had to wait until July 3/4 to get the updated files. I got them, so here goes... I followed the tutorial in the Guides section to a tee. I have world.exe running and boot5zones.bat works (loads the zones). The zones go into sleep mode, and I have a couple of database errors (ignored), but the files actually load and stick. This setup runs on a dedicated PC.

On a second PC, I have the EQclient. I have modified the eqhosts.txt and added the datarate file as noted in the tutorial. When I start the client, I get to the menu, and I can't figure out what to do next. If I try to login, it drops to desktop. If I try to create a new account, I get the SOE webpage. So, here goes. I'll put in the files and let you guys tell me what's wrong.

First, the server files.

db.ini
Code:
# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=sqluser
password=passwd
Database=eq
compression=off

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left 'localhost' unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.
loginserver.ini
Code:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqemulator.net
loginport=5995
worldname=eqemuserver
worldaddress=myexternalipaddress
locked=False

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

[ChatChannelServer]
server=localhost
Boot5zones.bat
Code:
REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . myexternalipaddress 7995 192.168.0.34
start zone . myexternalipaddress 7996 192.168.0.34
start zone . myexternalipaddress 7997 192.168.0.34
start zone . myexternalipaddress 7998 192.168.0.34
start zone . myexternalipaddress 7999 192.168.0.34
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_us.txt from your everquest directory to this one.  Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

On the client side, my eqhost.txt file looks like this:
Code:
[Registration Servers]
{
myeqemuserverinternalipaddress:5999
}
[Login Servers]
{
myeqemuserverinternalipaddress:5997
}

Here's the output from world.exe:
Code:
Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadItems: !cbDBLoadItems
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.7-DR6
[Status] Loading variables..
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading items from database: count=28731, max id=69304
[Error] DBLoadItems query 'SELECT charges,unknown002,unknown003,merchantprice,unknown005,unknown006,unknown007,unknown008,itemclass,name,lore,idfile,id,weight,norent,nodrop,size,slots,cost,icon,unknown018,unknown019,unknown020,tradeskills,cr,dr,pr,mr,fr,astr,asta,aagi,adex,acha,aint,awis,hp,mana,ac,deity,skillmodvalue,skillmodtype,banedmgrace,banedmgamt,banedmgbody,magic,casttime2,hasteproclvl,reqlevel,bardtype,bardvalue,light,delay,reclevel,recskill,elemdmgtype,elemdmgamt,effecttype,range,damage,color,classes,races,unknown061,spellid,maxcharges,itemtype,material,sellrate,unknown067,casttime,unknown069,proc_rate_mod,focusid,combateffects,shielding,stunresist,strikethrough,combatskill,combatskilldmg,spellshield,avoidance,accuracy,unknown081,factionmod1,factionmod2,factionmod3,factionmod4,factionamt1,factionamt2,factionamt3,factionamt4,charmfile,augtype,augslot1type,augslot2type,augslot3type,augslot4type,augslot5type,ldonpointtheme,ldonpointcost,ldonsold,bagtype,bagslots,bagsize,bagwr,unknown105,booktype,filename,banedmgamt2,augmentrestriction,loreflag,pendingloreflag,artifactflag,summonedflag,tribute,gmflag,endur,dotshielding,attackbonus,hpregen,manaregen,hastepercent,damageshield,minstatus FROM items ORDER BY id', #1054: Unknown column 'unknown008' in 'field list'
[Error] Error: Could not load item data.  But ignoring
[Status] ./LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
[Status] Loading ./addon.ini..
[Status] Loading EQ time of day..
[Status] Reboot zone modes ON
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
Warning: Pants may change during online play.
TCP listening on: 67.142.25.41:9000
World server listening on: 67.142.25.41:9000
Connected to LoginServer: eqemulator.net:5995
Boot5Zones.bat gives me no errors, and loads the zone with everything "loaded"... Then, after a while, all 5 zones go into sleep mode, but with no errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Dirtbag

P.S.: When I previewed this post, wordwrap was not working, so please don't turn your flamethrowers up for that, either! I actually previewed it to see if I could fix it!
Old 07-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Dirtbag
Fire Beetle

Default Never mind

Never mind, guys... I found the problems. I had a couple of
database errors, and I had a mixup in the ini files. I cleaned it up,
and I can now see my server in the eqemu list.

Thanks anyway!!