Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Urthraider
Fire Beetle

Default Where's the non-legit?!

Hey uh....I have a few questions...Where have all the non-legit servers gone? and why is everyone suddenly wanting to make Eqemu what EQlive is?

Ive noticed over the past couple of months...the eqemulator is slowly becoming a huge legit multiplayer drag... to me the non-legit servers are what have made eqemu appealing and most of you would have to agree that this is the same with you. I dont find grinding for levels fun in an emulator...and I didnt like it too much on live...

Ive always enjoyed being able to get on EQemu and do whatever I wanted to on it...I mean the uber raids we once joined in on in Bobby's world and also that ogre's server ( Im sorry I forgot your name! ) were so much fun and the lag was just hysterical... I dont know maybe its just me but I really enjoy having the option to summon uber gear, pop-level to 255 ( or you know at least 65 ), test aa's, join in on custom quests, and journey through all the high end zones of eq.

I remember a few days ago when Bobby's world had popped up on my server select and I freaked out and had to freaking play... well when I got on it seemed like at least half of the people that had been playing on other servers immediately ran over to the non-legit...the server crashed (it seemed) and I havent seen it since lol. SO, I know you guys are out there and with me on this!

We need more non legit servers...those were what made eqemu fun...and Im pretty sure many people will agree. I know you all are gonna say... "well why dont you just shut up and make one!" If I had the knowledge, time, and tools, yeah I probably would...

Just guys, lol, please bring back the non-legits...I'd love you for it....oh and btw dont think I didnt notice the non-legit emu preferred server disappearing...<.<

its live all over again...and for me...its losing its appeal...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so burn me, flame me, shoot me, at least let me know your there reading...
Old 10-30-2004, 03:37 PM
mrea
Discordant

This is merely an opinion.. and as it has been proven, non legit gets boring and thats why most servers are entirely legit, and rather than letting you do whatever, they set up custom storylines, etc. Evolution is a great example, try them out (i love em)

Old 10-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Spend untold hours to make server, Making custom quests , custom mobs , custom items , Then make it Non-Legit , Have 50 people log on in 1 day summon all the gear they want , make themselves level 65 and or 255 ,which by then they are way to high for all the mobs you made to even be a challange or the quests even worth doing and then for them to never log on again because there is nothing left to or worth doing , And ONLY then come back and ask this question......Thanks

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-31-2004, 03:30 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

Quote:
to me the non-legit servers are what have made eqemu appealing and most of you would have to agree that this is the same with you.
yeah, non legit eqemu servers are appealing.. for about 15 minutes.

we all started out on eqemu playing non legit servers. then your over it and you never go back.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Urthraider
Fire Beetle

Default >.>

Yeah, thanks for not being asses about it.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Edge Suikendi
Fire Beetle

I for one am completely turned off by anything that isnt legit. A legit server with a few alterations is my dreamy. (bumped exp and mana regen, mob regen, maybe a teleport system) Anything more than that and it is fun for an hour, then just sucks. But seeing as how my game doesnt work right now who am i to say anything.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:56 PM
bobby15
Fire Beetle

Yeah, truth be told my server didnt crash, put it down. sorry been playing eqlive and reading the forums and trying to learn some c++. Only doing this in my spare time. but eqemu has had many fun times and many fun people. reason i ran a non-legit is for the people that are bored with legit and wanted to try it out. You all are right about the 15 minute thing but honestly i think PEQ will not only improve legits, but non-legits as well. I say this because PEQ is working on making database and CVS changes to....well make eq more like eqlive. How I think it will improve non-legits is by making raiding and stuff possible within a few minutes rather than having to level up and start a guild, and you will have that old eqlive feel, without have to work your butt off to go get EP and time flagged etc. I would like to make a non-legit without #setaapts option that way you guys would have something to do. I plan to do this once I get new internet or buy a server. As for the PEQ team: GUYS, YOU ROCK. I love this database and its getting better and better as you guys work on it.