Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Astaldoath
Sarnak

Default Problems With Database Saving Information

Ok so when I use #spawn in game and #npcspawn create. The data isnt written to the database. I searched but I cant find anything on the subject. Is anyone else having this problem? The chat window says the command worked and everything but I check the DB and there is nothing in it that corrisponds to the guy i made. I even tried doing it in the database its self and I exited out after making the changes and went back in and the stuff I put in is gone lol. The changes to the rules however do work for me. I forget do I have to have the server shut down to make changes?

plz help.

Edit: I also get a spawnfix error when trying to do it. "Spawn Fix Failed Cannot determine what spawn entry in the database this mob came from"

Last edited by Astaldoath; 01-24-2008 at 07:02 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Astaldoath
Sarnak

Hmm ok its being stored in the database but that doesnt explain the #spawnfix
Old 01-24-2008, 11:24 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

as far as i know spawnfix won't work on a mob which hasn't JUST spawn from a DB.

in otherwords you can't spawnfix a freshly created mob.
best guess is to reaload the zone after yu added npcs, and then spawnfix them
Old 01-24-2008, 12:22 PM
circuitdragon
Sarnak

I really shouldn't respond to this, I had the same problem. If I can find the link, some one actually made a wonderful guide for NPC creation, both ways....adding using database only commands, and the "in game" method. Please please, use the search feature for the forums, and even just browse all the links for creating/playing/whatever guides. Even if they aren't going to answer the questions at hand, they will teach you something else, which you may need to know in the future. If nothing else, you will have a good idea where to look for that next question. Anyhow....

#1 use #spawn to actually spawn the NPC
**NOTE** Some one can correct me if I am wrong, but at this point, you can not edit your NPC...

#2 use #npcspawn create note above should still apply

#3 zone needs to be reset. Not going to go in to details here, but if its a dynamic zone, just zone out, and back in...if the zone was empty when you left, it will be reset. Your new spawn should be where you left it. Now its added to the DB and in operation. Edits can now be done, as well as the spawnfix command.

I believe this was in some EQEmu guide, or at least the link was on a page with it that has this info. Just search the site, and like I said earlier...you may not find the answer you are looking for right away, but you will read other things that will help out later on.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Astaldoath
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitdragon View Post
I really shouldn't respond to this, I had the same problem. If I can find the link, some one actually made a wonderful guide for NPC creation, both ways....adding using database only commands, and the "in game" method. Please please, use the search feature for the forums, and even just browse all the links for creating/playing/whatever guides. Even if they aren't going to answer the questions at hand, they will teach you something else, which you may need to know in the future. If nothing else, you will have a good idea where to look for that next question. Anyhow....

#1 use #spawn to actually spawn the NPC
**NOTE** Some one can correct me if I am wrong, but at this point, you can not edit your NPC...

#2 use #npcspawn create note above should still apply

#3 zone needs to be reset. Not going to go in to details here, but if its a dynamic zone, just zone out, and back in...if the zone was empty when you left, it will be reset. Your new spawn should be where you left it. Now its added to the DB and in operation. Edits can now be done, as well as the spawnfix command.

I believe this was in some EQEmu guide, or at least the link was on a page with it that has this info. Just search the site, and like I said earlier...you may not find the answer you are looking for right away, but you will read other things that will help out later on.
yeah, i was reading the guide lol. Doesnt #repop work to reload the zone? It always did for me before. I wasnt sure what to search for since I ready the only guides I could find after searching. Im gonna check again. When I repop the zone the mob just dis appears lol. Even when I added a guy in the database itself. He wasnt in game even after a server restart lol.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:01 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I did a tutorial about this and it's on my site. It does explain this is decent detail..

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//