Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:22 PM
stefann
Sarnak

Question 6.2 Server Setup

Can anyone help me setup a EQEMU 6.2(final? release) server from scratch, a step by step guide would help. Thanks :p
Stefann <- Is a nub
Old 09-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Draco_Panther
Fire Beetle

We do not have a current Tut for 6.2 yet. You will have to just sit and wait with the rest of us that need help setting 6.2 up.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:37 PM
stefann
Sarnak

OK, before the dev team screws with anything else a new setup guide should be made a priority. My big problem is, the one server that runs 6.2 AND I can login to, is PEQ, and only is using the first two expansions which REALLY irritates me so I wanted to make my own server to screw around until others upgrade to 6.2(Free DoN, YEAH). I still like PEQ but if I wanted only the first two expansions, I'd play live(got the freebie software)

EDIT:
Also on PEQ I've noticed that the guards don't attack mobs. Are they missing the map files for the server, or is the agro in the DB set wrong. FINALLY this gives me an idea, why dosn't someone make a PHP/VB.NET/C#(Don't care which) application to simplify the process of working with the database. A VB.NET/C# program would be preffered a they can be compiled by MONO and run cross-platform, yes a window$ .net program CAN run on linux.

Last edited by stefann; 09-09-2005 at 12:52 AM..
Old 09-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Acces to new extension is not a eqemu software limit, if you make a 0.6.2 server, you don't have Pop, loy, God, Oow,Don, etc... You must make your database for that, or waiting one who share his work...
Guide for 0.6.2 come, malignus work on it
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:05 AM
stefann
Sarnak

I am curious, does anyone have a rough estimate on the CPU and RAM it takes to run EQEMU? Really I'm wondering what is used on a single zone server(world server probably doesn't use much up, right?) Thanks a lot
Old 09-09-2005, 07:10 AM
thatfatkid
Fire Beetle

It's pretty minimal, in the past I was able to run the server and play on it on the same computer.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
stefann
Sarnak

The PC I would use for a 'server' is a 600MhZ Celery(Intel Celeorn) P.O.S with about 192MB of ram, the play computer meets specs for the game, but they will also have to share the same 3MB/384KB UP/DOWN connection, and the 'server' is also running Windows Server 2000 in Domain Controller mode so it has to take care of my E-mail, and network logins(average CPU load with nothing else loaded is 1-10%) in other words, can the celery run EQEMU with that much clock time left and RAM???
Old 09-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Pascall
Fire Beetle

"Yes" - but I'd highly suggest you add more memory if you can, databases like to eat memory more than anything else and excessive disk swapping will only bog the system down.

Last edited by Pascall; 09-10-2005 at 10:32 PM..
Old 09-12-2005, 09:55 AM
stefann
Sarnak

Yeah I know that sadly, makes it hard to run a web server on a PC like that with PHP as MySQL is PHP's best friend :P