Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Soulcold
Sarnak

Default Raid Addicts - Still Alive

Hey there everyone, my names Mexi, and I figured I'd take some time to tell people that used to play on KMRA (and perhaps present it to those who never have) that it's still alive and kicking, and new content is still being produced.

For those who've never heard of it and think it'd be cool to play, here's what it is: It's a custom-legit server (Nearly ALL the content is custom, seriously) with well over 5 years of content in it (Probably even more, I've been told 8 ). There's a ton of custom leveling zones (Including a custom tutorial experience), and over 50 zones with raid content in them. There are also quite a few custom LDON missions for players of all levels, and most of the gear you get from killing things is custom as well. The level cap is currently 100 (used to be 87), and there are custom spells made for 88-100 (Although, the entire spells file is custom as well for levels 1-87).

Raid Addicts allows players to box up to 6 characters at any time (MQ2 and other programs that help you box aren't allowed. WinEQ2 is an exception to this), however, you don't need to box at all to get a good experience out of the server. I've soloed my way to 87+ on multiple toons without ever doing any grouping.

On average, we get 14 - 20 players on per night right now (used to be much higher, we'd love to get it there again!), and the community is very helpful. If you're interested in playing, stop by http://www.raidaddicts.org and download the spells file to the right. If you're a new or returning player, there is also a leveling guide in the works (Content for 1-80+ is done right now), located at http://wiki.raidaddicts.org/index.ph...g_2011_Edition

Hope to see you there! --Mexi
Old 12-02-2010, 04:49 AM
KingMort
Banned

Thanks for your support. Yeah we do have a whole ton of good stuff going on here still , even though the server is no longer green status. (Way down at bottom of list now folks)

Some of the new stuff includes the following:

New Tradeskill Line Equiv to Tier 4.0 (almost done)
New Raid Zones (almost done)
Spells for the next 8 classes Nec - wiz (already have necro almost finished and a few of the others but not everything done yet soon to come got to work through about 1k+ spells here folks)

**EACH CLASS GETS AT LEAST 12 SPELLS FROM 86-99 BRAND NEW**

Details: Each class from 1 - 87 will get a minimal amount of spells , but from 88 - 99 there is a bunch of really fun new effects for each class.

8 Years + of work, (Starting with 4.1 or 4.2 Binary's original project in 2002 NO LIES) more than 57 raiding zones (From Original EQ - ??). Thousands of Custom Items, Thousands of Custom Spells, Thousands of Custom Experiences.

FACTS:

This is the OLDEST active Eqemu server in the world currently..

No you do not need to donate to see all of this or progress to the top of the rankings.

YES the staff is Very Friendly and we are VERY eager to help you learn the server.

Hope you can come down and see us soon folks!!

Mortenson - Proud Owner of Raid Addicts
Old 12-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Soulcold
Sarnak

Some more things that are being added:
  • New Tasks from 1-100 are being worked on
  • New tasks to make farming easier are being worked on
  • Tasks to make Level 86 (Hell Level) less tedious are being worked on
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

edit* NM.. im an idiot, haha.