Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:11 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Default EQEMU v0.6.2, My Experience

I have pretty much dedicated my weekend to getting 6.2 with PEQ RC1 DB working.

I am pretty sure the opcodes.cfg file is missing several opcodes, but aside from that after re-sourcing the db like 4 times, I found that when i suprressed screen output on mysql with the "-s" option and then sourced the DB, not only did the source command take like 1000% less time, but I also have a working DB. Now this might just be coincidence, but each time I sourced the DB I got a different result, as far as error messages from world.exe. I dunno, but I do know I have now have a working 6.2 server with the latest peq database and I was even able to log off my server and then log back in with the same char and zone with no problems, something I have not been able to do since Friday. I am also using the latest 4.0.X mysql version.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:28 AM
vRandom
Sarnak

Can you attack mobs? If you can then your doing better than me...

Though i might try this -s option, i dont have errors in my world but i do get a op_clientupdate or something like that wrong size error... which from other posts is not updating my char's location on the server, but client side i can run all over the zone....

edit: and i can't zone correctly... zoning from ecommons to west freeport and i end up in nek forest ....

vRandom
Old 09-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Shredomatic
Fire Beetle

I had the opcode errors as well, I copied and pasted the names of the missing ones from the world.exe window into the opcodes.conf file and just zeroed out the values. No idea if this worked, the error didn't come up, but on to my next issue..

I tried both the eqdr2 db and the peq db, and I can't get either one to work. The eqdr2 db spits out a bunch of errors in world.exe, and then says "make sure you sourced utils/items-0.6.0-DR2-0.6.1-DR1-convert.sql" I have no idea where to get this file. I'm not even sure if this db works with 0.6.2, but at least it lets me load up the zone servers.

I also tried the peq db, and I get no errors from world.exe that I can see, but when I run boot5zones.bat they immediately crash.

I'm just stumbling my way through this, but I'm close, I can feel it. I guess I'll just keep plinking away until someone figures it out. Where are those PEQ guys, they have a working server
Old 09-11-2005, 11:39 AM
WildcardX
Developer

sadly, i can not attack anything. I get a "your target is too far away, get closer!" message, no matter how close i am.

But I can zone from ecommans to west freeport with no problem.

I also notice I can zone to poknowledge, vex thal and shar vahl, although these zones are all empty.

And in kael and i think all of velious in general, i notice none of the mobs move.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:52 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

alot are having the target to far away bug. Dunno if this would help anyone to figure out what would be causing it but i run a quick packet collect on PEQ then on sacred annialation server and quite frankly both packet collects pretty much match each other for the opcodes and stuff. i did the same thing in both servers from makeing a toon to walking out of spawn point attacking a guard and attacking a guard when your first spawn in only diff is in peq i died fast lol and SA i just stood there with the to far away msg. so if PEQ runs on linux (dunno) and were trying to run a windows possible that the other post i seen in hear may hold some possiblities. But i am by far no coder or know any c++ mumbo jumbo so i'm lost heh.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:56 AM
vRandom
Sarnak

well poo... :(

I guess we are waiting for a dev person to figure out the glitch. Something to do with the wrong size client update thing,.... sorry shutdown my server in preps to go out, so dont have exact line... but you likely have the error/notic in your zone window... op_something expected 38 got 36...

Catch you all later,

vRandom

edit: or like tallerin mentioned, it could be a compile difference between linux and windows... i'm not a c programmer either but that was mentioned in another post....

Last edited by vRandom; 09-11-2005 at 07:59 PM..
Old 09-11-2005, 12:04 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I cant click on merchants or do quests either with NPCs i know to have quests. I also cant stop any npc by hailing it. I think this is related to not being to attack anything. Its like the server doesnt have my correct zone coordinates? Except that i can open doors and cross zone lines so i dunno...
Old 09-11-2005, 12:38 PM
WildcardX
Developer

In my zone.exe, and yes, i am running this on Windows 2000 server, before i get the "OP_ClientUpdate expected:38 got:36" or "OP_ClientUpdate expected:38 got:37", I get a "OP_AnnoyingZoneUnknown (#299, eq=0x0000), size: 8" message when I first zone in. And like I said, I can walk around and open doors and cast buff spells on myself, but I can not attack via melee or spells anything and I can not get any quest npcs to respond.

Also, in my world.exe, I see a TCPConnection::RecvData(): Error: 10053. Looks like this happens everytime I zone and right after it says something like "Removing zoneserver from ip:0.0.0.0 port:0" and then right after that it says "3713250 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:16777343". And I think this is related to what I see in the game, every so often I see a broadcast from ZServer about a lost connection from world. Eventually, I see a message that the zone has reconnect to world.exe.

Last edited by WildcardX; 09-11-2005 at 08:45 PM..
Old 09-12-2005, 04:13 AM
kasodo
Fire Beetle

Default Update

Anyone able to attack mobs or get the client to update with the server yet?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:25 AM
jillmatik
Sarnak

Default No Luck

Still no luck attacking on mine.. here's a trick though to confirm that you aren't actually moving..

Zone in and run around as far as you want then target yourself and #summon

It'll summon you right back to where you zoned in. Not that we're still trying to confirm the fact that the character is not updating coordinates to the server... I think we're all in agreement there.

I'm anxious to get this working!

Aside from this, 0.6.2 on PEQ Velious RC1 is working pretty good. Some merchants work, some don't but it'll just take me some time.

Shredomatic: I was getting these errors too regarding my items table. At the end of the error message it was referring to missing fields.. I just manually altered the table with the fields it was asking for and this worked. I think I missed a .sql file in my setup.. try the following before doing your item import from 13thfloor:

Quote:
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK145 UNK150 int not null;
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK141 UNK145 int not null;
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK137 UNK140 int not null;
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK133 UNK135 int not null;
ALTER TABLE items CHANGE UNK129 UNK130 int not null;

ALTER TABLE items ADD clicklevel2 int not null AFTER clicktype;
ALTER TABLE items ADD proclevel2 int not null AFTER proctype;
ALTER TABLE items ADD wornlevel2 int not null AFTER worntype;
ALTER TABLE items ADD focuslevel2 int not null AFTER focustype;
ALTER TABLE items ADD scrolllevel2 int not null AFTER scrolltype;
After import, try running this:

Quote:
alter table items change unk130 unk129 not null;
alter table items change unk135 unk133 not null;
alter table items change unk140 unk137 not null;
alter table items change unk145 unk141 not null;
alter table items change unk150 unk145 not null;

alter table items drop column clicklevel2;
alter table items drop column wornlevel2;
alter table items drop column proclevel2;
alter table items drop column focuslevel2;
alter table items drop column scrolllevel2;
I tried finding the original post to reference this fix. Sorry I can't remember who to give credit to for this solution. It worked for me however and I hope it will work for you.

Last edited by jillmatik; 09-12-2005 at 01:37 PM..
Old 09-12-2005, 06:57 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Well the TCPConnection::RecvData() error 10053 is the result of the winsock function WSAGetLastError() spitting out the following error:

WSAECONNABORTED
Software caused connection abort.
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host computer, possibly due to a data transmission time-out or protocol error.

I'm still reading the code to understand why for the love of baby jesus this is happening, but my edumacated guess so far is that this problem originates from the opcodes file...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:05 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Anyone out there running 6.2 with the PEQ Velious RC1 DB on a linux platform and do you get the errors I described above or is it running fine for you? I'd be interested to know because I have read in earlier posts that some might be seeing different server behaviour between a Windows platform and a linux platform. The server code does make a distinction in which code logic to execute based upon platform.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Memener
Dragon

lol glad to see people with the same problem as me

Like yall i cant hit anything #kill works tho...

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:26 AM
tremor
Fire Beetle

i'm useing cavedudes 6.1 database running 6.2 everything works some zones need updating but having same probs with mobs. i got the skeletons to attack me 3 times at NRO now but you have to run around them for a while and you can't hit back, there attacking each other also lol. heres a few pics

http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php...w&ident=660668

http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php...w&ident=660662
Old 09-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Strakens
Fire Beetle

Default 0.6.2 with the PEQ Velious RC1 DB on a linux platform

I am running 0.6.2 with the PEQ Velious RC1 DB on a SuSE Linux Enterpise Server 9 sp2. My World server and MiniLogin 0.6.2 server come up and talk and I can create a new Charater. No errors in my logs for this process. However I do have a problem with my Zoneserver. It fails to load and so I am unable to zone into the game from the Character selection screen. When booting my zone server it get the following:

[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_zone.log
[Debug] Warning: Perl dosub called for my_eval when perl is allready in use.

[Quest] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_quest_zone.log
[Quest] Loading perlemb plugins.
[Quest] Loading perl commands...
[Debug] Warning: Perl dosub called for my_eval when perl is allready in use.

[Quest] Loading perlemb plugins.
[Quest] Loading perl commands...
[Status] Starting EQ Network server.
[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone.log
16381 New TCP connection: 192.168.1.2:33663168
[Error] Zone bootup FAILED!
Connected to worldserver: 192.168.1.2:9000
New zoneserver: #1 192.168.1.2:54579

So Not sure If I have a problem with my Pearl version/config or if something else is going on.