Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:03 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

Default EQEMU -Codename Apophis-

hehe... wonder how many will open this JUST for the title...

ok check it out I had a LOT of trouble setting up the Server Emulator, I had even more trouble getting a DB that had something worth working with ( I dont know about the rest of you, but the 74 tables that come in the PEQ distro dont seem to work with Cavedude's 3.52 pack at all) then I saw that if you add the items from 13th floor it makes tha game SO MUCH better... and I decided to see what would happen if I took the trouble to merge CaveDude's stock DB with the PEQ DB, then add Azodia's and JustPEQ3's mix em all together always adding the larger tables and changing columns/row where necessary.

the result is what I am calling Apophis (ok so my server name is apophis and I like the name (mytholgoical Dark Dragon God of the Egyptians) In any case, this is a fully functional 0.7.845 Windows Server release, if you download the server package and the Database included in the following links and you follow the README files included in the RAR's there is absolutely NO reason this set shouldnt work on your computer

I have already tested it on Windows Server 2003 (both the original release and Service Pack 1) and tried it on several low end machines:

233mhz IBMServer 256mb EDO/ECC ram
400mhz Celeron 256mb pc100ram
450mhz P-II 384Mb Pc133 ram
225mhz Cyrix pc100 ram
1.4ghz Celeron pc133 ram

all systems functioned smooth as a babys ass.

if you have any questions at all feel free to message me

http://x3-systems.com/EQ/EQEmu_ApophisEdition.rar
http://x3-systems.com/EQ/eq_db_apophis.rar
Old 09-26-2006, 08:21 AM
tenge911
Fire Beetle

I have been having tons of problems getting an emulator to work. I have been searching the forums, and am now gunshy to ask a question due to the flaming that has happened to some people.

I will try your download and see what happens. A scripted install would be nice, but that would be easy. Or I guess people would thank that would be lazy, not all people are technical.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Bishop4351
Sarnak

you don't want to make it too easy other wise there'd be ./configure in the compile
Old 09-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenge911
I have been having tons of problems getting an emulator to work. I have been searching the forums, and am now gunshy to ask a question due to the flaming that has happened to some people.

I will try your download and see what happens. A scripted install would be nice, but that would be easy. Or I guess people would thank that would be lazy, not all people are technical.
Probably, if you included a note with your post that you did look for your answer first - then people won't be so hard on you.
Alot of people really don't even try and search first.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:16 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I'll have a look through this and see how it plays.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-26-2006, 05:35 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok to make it .840 compat, here's the sql you need

ALL SQL to get from 0.7.0 to 0.7.0.840

[code]
ALTER TABLE spawnentry DROP spawn_limit;
ALTER TABLE spawngroup ADD spawn_limit tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE altadv_vars ADD class_type int unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE spawn2 CHANGE `condition` `_condition` MEDIUMINT( UNSIGNED NOT
NULL DEFAULT '0';
alter table account DROP packencrypt;
alter table character_ change extprofile extprofile blob NULL;
alter table player_corpses change data data blob NULL;
alter table player_corpses_backup change data data blob NULL;
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `hp_regen_rate` `hp_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `mana_regen_rate` `mana_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
UPDATE `npc_types` SET `hp_regen_rate` = '0' WHERE `hp_regen_rate` = '-1';
UPDATE `npc_types` SET `mana_regen_rate` = '0' WHERE `mana_regen_rate` = '-1';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `hp_regen_rate` `hp_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `mana_regen_rate` `mana_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `account` ADD `rulesflag` TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` DROP walkspeed;
ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD `message` VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL AFTER `effectvalue2` ;
CREATE TABLE rule_sets (ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id));
INSERT INTO rule_sets VALUES(0, "default");
UPDATE rule_sets SET ruleset_id=0;
CREATE TABLE rule_values (ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL, rule_name VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, rule_value VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL, INDEX(ruleset_id), PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id,rule_name));

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-27-2006, 03:31 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenge911

actually you dont need this one scripted... just open the archives and plop em into your drives of choice, they are pre-packed and ready to rock
Old 09-27-2006, 03:35 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

oh.. I should probably add that I use this server configuration to play the game in 6.2 mode... I wont go into detail as to WHY I have to run it in 6.2 instead of Titanium (as I would get burned by someone for sure) but thats the deal.. I cant say if it works with titanium, but I cant see why it wouldnt.

on a side note, I downloaded Angelox's DB and did a fresh install of 854 and his system works like a dream (aside from small discrepancies which I have already noted to angelox)

as for getting flamed for asking questions, send me a private message I would be glad to work things through with you.. pity you'd have to private message me for the answers but there ARE those around here that feel it is thier sworn duty to chastise those who wish to get advice.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:25 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon
pity you'd have to private message me for the answers but there ARE those around here that feel it is thier sworn duty to chastise those who wish to get advice.
I disagree. First off, the "flaming" you see here is like an afternoon at church compared to other places I visit. Consider this a nice community. Secondly, people are inherently lazy and do no searching, and post immediately when they have a question, THEN go searching in hopes that some good samaritan will answer and save them the trouble.

You want advice? This forum is over-loaded. Yes, it takes some time to get used to finding stuff... and the acronyms people use render the search function useless (grin). But I think mostly, people are fair and helpful when questers can articulate their needs coherently.

(btw, this was not a flame)
Old 09-28-2006, 03:45 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
I disagree. First off, the "flaming" you see here is like an afternoon at church compared to other places I visit. Consider this a nice community. Secondly, people are inherently lazy and do no searching, and post immediately when they have a question, THEN go searching in hopes that some good samaritan will answer and save them the trouble.

You want advice? This forum is over-loaded. Yes, it takes some time to get used to finding stuff... and the acronyms people use render the search function useless (grin). But I think mostly, people are fair and helpful when questers can articulate their needs coherently.

(btw, this was not a flame)

I would agree on a part to that.. there ARE helpful people but the flaming is ignorant.. if the complaint is that people are wasting server space by asking questions that are already answered elsewhere in the forum, then it is equally ignorant to post a flame and waste more space when you can just ignore the post entirely.

if the flaming is just to be cynical then those responsible for flaming well deserve those of us who complain about it.

really there is no reasonable answer, there might be an underlying reason, but as they say two wrongs dont make a right.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:15 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon
really there is no reasonable answer, there might be an underlying reason, but as they say two wrongs dont make a right.
As long as well all agree that you posting everywhere about flaming being wrong, and that you are in fact right, winds up canceling each other out.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:43 PM
wraithlord98
Sarnak

Trying to get in touch with you Abaddon to ask you questions about your server pack.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
abaddon
Banned
Click his name and send him an email. Not sure how long til he reads this.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:49 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Click his name and send him an email. Not sure how long til he reads this.
1 day 17 hours left on his one week ban.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Reyas
Fire Beetle

I day 17 hours 1 second until he makes some reference to phantom flamers.