Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Valorborn
Fire Beetle

I'm experiencing a separate issue.

world.exe is kicking back a 1045 error access denied for eq@localhost with password YES. Some older posts on the forums show its a sql privilege issue.

I used the setup guide found at: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...Guide&frm=Main

I don't understand enough about SQL to explain in more detail with out creating a long post that is likely filled with erroneous information. I tried some SQL commands with "Grant All Privileges" in it but I've never used SQL before today.

My guess based on the error is that world.exe is attempting to pull data from one of the databases but instead of using the username I set up in the guide it is using another one that doesn't have admin permissions, but I don't know where to change the credentials it using.

Thank you,

Ephron
Old 05-02-2014, 10:27 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Look at your config files and make sure all the username/password combinations are correct.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Valorborn
Fire Beetle

What's the name of the config file in question man? The wiki didn't have me set a username/password in a config file so I'm not sure where to go. I do know my uroot password though.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:23 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You mean this part of the guide?
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...ide&frm=Main#7

Which links to http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?eqemu_config.xml&frm=Main where the configuration file is explained. You want the database configuration section.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:04 AM
Valorborn
Fire Beetle

lerxst2112 I saw the link to the file you posted while I was doing the walk through, I opened it and closed it almost immediately feeling confused lol. Anyway I see two password fields with the username 'eq' listed, which is promising. And that absolutely killed the 1045 error. Now I get an error stating "error reading end tag" for that file. Going to read through the file and recheck the wiki to make sure something that is obvious isn't skipped. Thanks for getting me one stepped closer to my goal man.

I read through the config file wiki and nada. Also I googled it and all the google results yield nothing recent, making me wonder if I'm the only person with this issue in the last 6 years lol. I'm not that special. Out of memory I'm thinking I messed up the part where you remove the .full from the file and then delete the other one. Reverse that order, but yeah. Going to check that out.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:40 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

A missing end tag means you messed up the file while editing it.