Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Default Mercenary Issue - not manageable/vanishes

I have a server that has everything working except that mercenaries can be purchased, but they cannot be managed, and they vanish when you zone.

When hired the 'Manage Mercenary' window just has Stance in it and the countdown timer. There aren't any options for balanced, reactive, passive, etc.

The mercenary buffs me correctly, shows up in my group, but is not manageable and vanishes upon zoning.

Anyone have any idea what I did wrong? I am using the 09-25-02-01 database.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Required Rof client have you change setting rule_values Record 597 Mercs:AllowMercs true?
Old 10-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
Required Rof client have you change setting rule_values Record 597 Mercs:AllowMercs true?
Yes, Mercs:AllowMercs is true and Im using the underfoot client. I was able to use mercs until I upgraded to the new database.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:17 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
1. RoF is not required for Mercs, SoD is.

2. RoF isn't even fully supported.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:49 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

We have the same issue with out mercs ... they dont vanish that I know of but none of the stances work
Old 12-09-2014, 10:30 AM
werebat
Hill Giant

I compiled yesterday with the latest code using Underfoot. Healer merc will buff but does not heal.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:14 AM
trevius
Developer

Well, at least some of the issues in this thread are working fine now after recent fixes I made (such as mercs being able to zone again now).

Their stances are not supported yet, as that will require extra code to make them behave differently depending on stance and that hasn't been added yet.

Last I checked, healer mercs healed fine, but there were some very recent changes related to merc casting code that may be causing issues. I haven't tested it yet, but if may be related to this change:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...011665d5105e76
Old 12-09-2014, 07:03 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Little more info, my merc is an apprentice tier 1 currently level 3. She heals but not until I am under 30% hp, and even then she fires off about 10 heals but only 1 of them seems to take. Is this normal due to her rank and tier?
Old 12-19-2014, 10:56 AM
werebat
Hill Giant

Just compiled yesterday 12/18/2014 and using 9/25 peqdb. Mercs vanish when zoning. Ran the mercs.sql and the myriad of other merc sqls in order to get them working. Not sure if its a sql issue or a code issue but they disappear when you zone.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:15 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

is there a single client grouped with the mercs? i only ask because i recall bots doing something similar if there was more than one client with spawned bots in the same group.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:51 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Just one client with one char. Dev server or private server if you will. Underfoot client.

1) I hire merc in pok
2) I zone to cabilis and merc disappears. The manage merc window is still there but not responsive.
3) I zone back to pok. Merc still not there but I can dismiss her from the Manage Merc window. So it thinks she is still in the zone where she was hired but she is not there.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:50 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

I made one big merc.sql out of the nine or so sqls that have to run in order to make mercs work. Ran it and now she zones. But I am back to my original issue where she fires off a bunch of heal spells but they have no effect. Her buffs work fine but the heals do not work at all, the spell effect works but no hp is healed.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:58 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

The merc is healing herself, she is trying to heal me but the hp appears to be going to her. I do believe this is related to the changes that Trevius pointed out above.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:23 PM
cannon
Hill Giant

Default Merc not zoning

Every other time i zone the merc disappears and then the next zone it appears. After this post i did nothing to the server and all of a sudden they started working great, followed from zone to zone, at one point i actually had the stances listed in the merc box and the merc info popped up with all the info, next day logged in and boom no mercs listed on the vendors but i still had my merc alive.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:41 AM
MrDali
Fire Beetle

Tried it out on different servers, and especially the Healer mercs is very buggy.
Noted the same disapearing issues others posted and the stances apear and disapears completely randomly.

I noticed this about the healer mercs:

1. at lvl 1-9. They seem to have tons of hp and mana and they can tank without loosing much hp/mana

2. at lvl 1-9 they cast minor/light Healing on you at like 15% hp *once* and stop when your over 20% and never uses their mana pool (to top your hp). they will however recast minor/light healing on you to keep you alive if you grab just about the right amount of mobs where the merc can still keep you alive between 0-20% hp

3. At lvl 10 they get Healing, and they go crazy. Now they will cast Healing on you when your at 95% and keep doing it whenever you fall under 95% till they are oom (wich happens fast).

I am no real coder, tho still an IT professional.
Seems to me that the scripts controlling when to cast and what to cast at different lvls could need some work

The different stances isn't really that important for basic healer merc usage, as "balanced" from live always seems to do the work just fine

Biggest problem is that the issues about lvl 10+ with *Healing* and casting at 95% clashes with the fact that many Emu server builds have the problem that your HP info typically shows 90-94%/100%
I have run across some server moderators that was aware of the problem with HP not going to full 100/100 % Some knew how to fix it, some didn't (I don't know it myself)

Tags
mercenary support