Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:21 PM
superdan
Fire Beetle

Default eqhost probs

I've edited the eqhost file just like it describes in the playguide, but when i try to log in it tells me that it can't find the eqhost file. Now i've checked, rechecked and triple checked spelling and the such and can't find out what i'm doing wrong. I feel like a total noob on this one so can someone plz help me?
Old 03-24-2006, 12:50 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Use the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdan
I've edited the eqhost file just like it describes in the playguide, but when i try to log in it tells me that it can't find the eqhost file. Now i've checked, rechecked and triple checked spelling and the such and can't find out what i'm doing wrong. I feel like a total noob on this one so can someone plz help me?
Make sure you have no hidden spaces in the file
All of your Answers and in the Wiki

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

www.cheaterz.info
Old 03-24-2006, 02:24 AM
fanman55
Sarnak

The only time I experienced this was when I changed the eqgame.exe and/or eqmain.dll (can't remember which one) just for experiment purposes, but when I tried to log in it couldn't find the eqhost.txt file because it was in a different format.

i.e. This is from a client that works with 6.0:

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5994
and this one worked with a really old client:

Code:
newlogin1.eqemulator.net
So maybe the the .txt file your using somehow doesn't match the format that EverQuest is looking for. I hope this was at all helpful...