Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 10-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Default 0.6.0 Visual Bugs

Facial features work, hair color at least on wood elf males is wrong. My hair appears white when I zone in, but is correct on the character select screen. Also as a new bug, armor dyes are not shown once in a zone. Both are accurately shown in the character select screen, and once in game if I go to the armor dye section it shows the correct colors assigned, but yet still shows the original armor colors for each slot on the character itself.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:44 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

i dont think dyes are even implemented.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:41 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

The dye used to be in 5.9 at the least, I'm positive of that. In fact, the characters look perfect at the char select. In game is another story. Now my toons are all dressed in rainbows haha. The hair problem has been around though with certain models. Maybe then dye code got overlooked in the merge?

Oh and an example of non working hair.. wood elf male with the longer than shoulder length hair with the mini pony tail. That one always appears white to me in game after zoning when I try to set it brown.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:41 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Dyes did work in previous versions perfectly. I know the armor on my charcter was dyed on a previous build and it shows up fine in 0.6.0, I haven't tried to actually dye under the new build however.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:27 AM
finwe
Sarnak

i am having the same hair and dye problems...
Old 10-22-2004, 05:07 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

dyes definately were changed in the merge, and I have not been able to figure out whats wrong with them. On the other hand, if they worked in 5.9, they didnt work right... because it didnt save the color information ANYWHERE... I think the dye color was attached to the slot itself, not the item... so you die your legs red, and anything you put there is red...

The part I havent been able to figure out is how to send the right colors to the client. Mine get a little scrambled, but then when I reorder the packet to match the scrambling pattern I see, it changes again... so im kinda at a loss.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

I originally worked on dyes, they worked correcly and saved the color in the color field of the inventory table. They worked as of 5.7, but I havent updated them since.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:53 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

yea, when I got to the code... solar had gone through EVERYWHERE and basically taken out all of the color stuff in the inventory table, ignoring it everywhere... so I put it back, plus a bit of code from WR to manage setting the colors on the appearance structus in the PP. Thats where I was having some strangeness... the little boxes in the 'dye' window dont line up right AFAIK...

thats about all the info I have...
Old 10-23-2004, 05:26 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

At least now I know I'm not the only one with the problem. As of right now, the database updates correctly with color information on the item slots. The boxes in the dye menu act correctly. However, as soon as I hit save now, the displayed colors on the character go back to defaults. On the char select screen, on first login from LS, the colors are represented correctly. Facial features also display correctly here. Char select = character looking exactly right. However once in zone, I'm also still having problems with hair color. My wood elf male keeps getting stuck with white hair no matter what.
Old 10-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

- Fixed
Old 10-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Hmm.. updated from CVS just now, tested making a new character and dyeing some of my old ones. Doesn't seem to quite be right still. Now my char select colors are wrong also. Colors still seem to be saving correctly though. After saving the colors, it immediately displays the undyed colors. However if I log out and in, initially it displays the wrong colors, but if I bring up the dye window, I can simply hit reset and it displays the correct colors. When doing this, all of the dye color boxes go blank/black however. Another thing I noticed is that once you save a dye, it consumes the reagent but it does not display that the reagent was used. Once you try to pick up the prismatic dyes from inventory it does say that they don't really exist in that slot anymore.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:07 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkay
Once you try to pick up the prismatic dyes from inventory it does say that they don't really exist in that slot anymore.
if your still getting that error, CVS hasnt updated yet. give it a couple hours.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

What's a good rule of thumb for CVS update latency? It's 9pm Sunday here and I still haven't seen any further updates. The last updates I saw were around 12 or 1pm today. The changelog of my current cvs download does also have the entry about the fixed dyeing.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:56 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

its generally 4 hours...

so i dont know what to tell you... the item deletion bug was definately fixed more than 4 hours ago, so if your still seeing items not deleting properly, then I dont know any other explanation...
Old 10-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Ohhhhh... yeah that does seem to be fixed. Sorry, wasn't locking on to that one specific thing that you quoted. That problem does seem to be fixed, and thanks. Had to manually go in and delete duplicate items in slots for a long time now. The bug with dyeing is what I thought you were talking about, and is still happening.