Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 10-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Explain exactly what your doing with as many details as possible. I dont have any problems with dying my armor. In fact I dyed each piece of my armor a different color to make sure it worked correctly and it does...
Old 10-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Doh I was afraid you'd say that. I don't have time tonight, but tomorrow evening after work I'll explain exactly what happens with me. I've also tried 4 old and 4 new characters, so it's not like it's something that I tried once and gave up lol. And FYI.. 2:30am Monday morning.. pretty sure at this point I'm on latest CVS since I just tried again one last time and no updates for me. Also on latest live patch.

And a real quicky for tonight in case you feel like debugging during the day tomorrow, in a nutshell from a newly created or old character, I summon 7 dyes, click dye from inventory, set my colors, click save. From that point, I experience all the provlems I've already made in this post. I'll give step by steps tomorrow night if that's not enough info to reproduce the problem on your end.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Ok, upon logging into zone, my character's colors appear as the original item color. I summon 7 reagents, go to dyeing menu. All dyes appear the right color in the box. If I select a slot and change the color, the changes is reflected on the character. If I then hit reset, the visible color on the character turns to the correct dyed color. I can also change all the slots and hit save and I appear correctly. However, if I log out and then immediately log back in, I am back to displaying the original item colors. It's a very simple process, and very repeatable. I've tried it on 8 different races/classes, all in different zones, and have the same problem with all 8.

Edit: HO HO !!!! I figured out the problem (sort of!).. I'm ending up with duplicate items on my characters, presumably when I am dyeing.. I know for a fact I haven't touched the equipment on this character in quite some time and yet I have duplicates of items in each dyed slot, with different colors. Perhaps an SQL bug somewhere?
Old 10-25-2004, 10:38 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

if your inventory keys arent set correctly, this happens. was fixed in classic release, but if you use another version thats floating around it seems they didnt use the same corrected structure.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

I just cleaned a character duplicate slots, set all my colors, saved, wham. I instantly had 2 items on all visible slots. So is this a code or a db issue, and if it's a db issue, how do I go about fixing it?
Old 10-25-2004, 11:39 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

i already told you. you have to set the keys on the inventory table
Old 10-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Not sure what you meant by that. I see that there are no primary keys set on the inventory table, however with it's current structure I see no way of setting a unique identifier. Also, I compared my structure of the inventory table to that of a clean PEQ install and the structures are identical.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:50 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

you have to have primary key charid, slotid

or it will let you insert multiple items.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

I didn't think that was allowed because of items that are stackable.. how are they represented? I thought 'charges' and the number of items in a stack were independent..
Old 10-25-2004, 06:05 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

if you dont set you'r keys. live with multiple items in their slots.

/shrug
Old 10-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Multiple items in one slot is obviously wrong if it's not a stackable item. I'm just wondering how stackable items are represented in the database. I see the charges column, but I thought that was for item charges not number of items in a stack.. or is that column used for both?
Old 10-26-2004, 03:58 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Not positive but i think i vaguely remember fnw says it uses it for both. Which i can see coming into issues if there were ever a stackable right click item.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:18 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Stackable right click items would likely still function as a "charged" item.. you right click and it goes down by one anyway. But yeah if that's the case, then the primary keys would work fine that way. I'll set and test it tonight after work.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:33 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

We've had keys on inventory since shortly after class release (thought they were set in classic but i guess i was wrong)

They work fine.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Cleaned up my item dupes, went to dye a character with the methods already mentioned, now when I hit save dye the colors all immediately go back to their defaults. Char select also shows the original colors. Log out, log back in, colors are all defaults. Hit dye and it opens the window with all colors correct in the boxes. If I then hit reset before doing anything else, all the boxes go black but the character's visible colors become the correct dyed colors. As soon as I zone or log out however, visible colors are back to defaults. This is repeatable as many times as I can try it.