Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 08-28-2006, 02:54 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Problem with GeorgeS NPC_Loot_Editor

When i first started out with your NPC_Loot_Editor, I was able to do pretty much anything with this tool, Incuding I could make multiple lootdrop_id , which would apply only to the npc loottable_id I specified. Now, when I try this, the new row gets spread out to all the other npc's with the same loottable_id and also, things get crossed and data gets lost.
I'm back to working in the Omens era, and really need this feature, as it speeds things up alot. I was able to make rare and sem-rare loot drop tables, jot down the lootdrop_id, and apply them when needed - I suppose i can do this the "hard" way, but yours was much easier/faster.
I'm sure it's all related to the SQL changes, maybe you can fix?
Thanks for your time GeorgeS
Edit
I always keep the latest EqEmu binaries/with MySql updates installed.

Last edited by Angelox; 08-28-2006 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

nevermind this, what happened was , I wasn't making new tables off my NPCs, I was using the ones they had when I used NPC > Copy -
But I do have a runtime error when i try to add loots, then update the table.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

And also heres a request:
Is there a way you can set it so I can put in my own loottable_id, lootdrop_id, ect, number and then it would follow sequence for the session?
Example new loottable_ID number for 335990000 and it would know to follow with 335990000 - for the given session.
Also would also need to be able to put in my own names ( I like to always start with the zonename).

Last edited by Angelox; 08-28-2006 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-28-2006, 04:16 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok, spent a few hours working on this program and fixing little things that may have been problematic (i.e - to workflow issues).

Let me show you a sample way to add a custom lootdrop_id.

After you've searched for your NPC/s, you can double click on the loottable field and enter a new value. Even if it does NOT exist, it's ok.
Save this NPC - (file/update NPC table) (As you know, you can auto generate one via the last available one in the db as before)

Next add a lootdrop_id (default is #3, bone chips. Edit this number to a new or existing #. (Click on the new this # if no items show) If no items are attached to the lootdrop_id then you must add something. By default my program adds a rusty dagger.
Then save the Loottables (file/update..)

If you want a custom TAG for the Loottable table then you can now (under Tools menu). IF you (file/update LOOT table), then the TAG will overwrite the previous one

The program will not autoincrement loottable_id's but you can enter them manually as I mentioned - just dbl click on the sheet and then save then npc table.

I think I fixed many little things that caused weird errors, depending on workflow.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//

Last edited by GeorgeS; 08-29-2006 at 12:23 AM..
Old 08-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Thanks, it's working very well now
Old 11-03-2006, 02:38 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Program Update:

NPC and Loot Editor 11.3.00
-In this version, npc editing made easier - changing any npc cell value is now live - i.e changes are saved immediately - no need to save npc's
-Buttons added to make and delete npc on main page. Made a button for saving npc loot.
-Whenever a new npc is created via a copy, a row is inserted with the copy lying one row below original npc.
-Fixed a few misc things to make the program run better

Enjoy
GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//