Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 11-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Fighter05
Fire Beetle

Default Problem setting up PEQ editor

Hello,

Been searching around the EQemu forums for awhile now and I cant seem to find any information on my problem. I think im having trouble setting up PhP 5.2.0 with Apache 2.2.3.

Ive updated the config files to match up with my PEQ database location and login/pass. Apache root directories match up. The basic steps listed in the PEQeditor install readme.txt listed are completed. So when I go to enter localhost\index.php or peq_editor.php I just get strings of code displayed in my browser.

Code:
"; } if ($filter==1) { } elseif ($filter==2) { $query = "SELECT npc_types.id AS id,npc_types.name AS name,npc_types.merchant_id AS merchant,spawn2.respawntime AS respawn, spawnentry.spawngroupID AS spawngroup FROM npc_types,spawnentry,spawn2,spawngroup WHERE (spawn2.spawngroupid=spawnentry.spawngroupid AND (spawngroup.id=spawnentry.spawngroupID) AND npc_types.id=spawnentry.npcid) AND spawn2.zone = '$zone' GROUP BY spawnentry.spawngroupID ORDER BY spawnentry.spawngroupID ASC"; } elseif ($filter==3) { $query = "SELECT npc_types.id AS id,npc_types.name AS name,npc_types.merchant_id AS merchant,spawn2.respawntime AS respawn, spawnentry.spawngroupID AS spawngroup FROM npc_types,spawnentry,spawn2,spawngroup WHERE (spawn2.spawngroupid=spawnentry.spawngroupid AND (spawngroup.id=spawnentry.spawngroupID) AND npc_types.id=spawnentry.npcid) AND spawn2.zone = '$zone' ORDER BY spawnentry.spawngroupID ASC"; } elseif ($filter==4) { $query = "SELECT npc_types.id AS id,npc_types.npc_faction_id AS faction, npc_faction.primaryfaction AS faction2,npc_types.name AS name,npc_types.merchant_id AS merchant,spawn2.respawntime AS respawn, spawnentry.spawngroupID AS spawngroup FROM npc_types,spawnentry,spawn2,spawngroup,npc_faction WHERE (spawn2.spawngroupid=spawnentry.spawngroupid AND (spawngroup.id=spawnentry.spawngroupID) AND npc_types.id=spawnentry.npcid AND npc_types.npc_faction_id=npc_faction.id) AND spawn2.zone = '$zone' ORDER BY npc_types.npc_faction_id ASC"; } else { $query = "SELECT npc_types.id AS id,npc_types.name AS name,npc_types.merchant_id AS merchant,spawn2.respawntime AS respawn, spawnentry.spawngroupID AS spawngroup FROM npc_types,spawnentry,spawn2 WHERE (spawn2.spawngroupid=spawnentry.spawngroupid AND npc_types.id=spawnentry.npcid) AND spawn2.zone = '$zone' GROUP BY npc_types.id ORDER BY npc_types.name ASC"; } function main_page() { global $page,$races,$classes,$zone,$var,$var2,$guest,$npc,$fid,$filter,$number,$number2,$number3,$loot,$action,$action2,$user,$logging,$log_dir,$database; include('header2.php'); echo "
"; echo "

Project Everquest Online Editing Interface
Why was this created?

Current editors in the EQEmu community tend to suffer from a number of problems: first, they (generally) only allow editing of one part of the database (loot, npcs, etc); they have to be compiled seperately for Windows and Linux; and the casual user isn't able to edit the source and make contributions.

This editor solves all those problems: it has many editors, both Windows and Linux users can make use of it, and PHP is more widely known than C++. 

Who made this?

Sotoninx first started this editor and put all the original functionality in place. FatherNitwit later added the tradeskill and spells editors. Then I came along and cleaned up the code, improved the user interface, and added a lot of functionality to the editors. 

What's yet to come?

The editor is still in its beta phase. Expect frequent updates in the near future. The plan is to add a few more editors at some point: a spawn condition and event editor, an item editor, and maybe a door editor. Also, I intend to continue cleaning up the code and improving the layout of the editor as a whole. 

How can you help?

Report any bugs you find and submit any suggestions or feature requests you have. Feel free to improve upon the editor's code and submit to me to be put in. 

-mystic414
"; } function login_page() { global $page,$races,$classes,$zone,$var,$var2,$guest,$npc,$fid,$filter,$number,$number2,$number3,$loot,$action,$action2,$user,$logging,$log_dir,$database, $login_name, $login_pw; include('header2.php'); echo "
"; echo "

Project Everquest Database Editing Interface

Login: 	
Password: 	

Click here to login as a guest

"; } ?>
Anyone else have this problem or know what could cause it? I figured that it was with apache and PhP because a test.php file with just a single line of code <? phpver() ?> gives a blank output.

Thanks in advance for any info on how im messing up the PEQeditor install.