Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 PM
jshows1
Sarnak

Default Quest implementation help needed

Once I have made a quest and am ready to implement it, how do I get it into the game?

I've made a quest and placed it into the appropriate quests/zonename folder and named it as npcname.pl.

I notice it doesn't have a check mark on it. I'm assuming it needs to be integrated into the database?

I apologize for this elementary question, but I have not worked with quests at all. So for a complete newb, is there a step by step starting guide for quest creation and implementation?

I found this page here http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...=QuestTutorial but while it's great for giving all sorts of commands and syntax needed, it doesn't help me much in the way of actually getting started.

I would greatly appreciate any help that can be given.

I do promise at some point, when I am able to give some of this information back to others, I will! lol
Old 06-13-2013, 04:19 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

#reloadpl while in that zone ... or #reloadworld if you are not in that zone

(this is if your server is up while you are writing the quests)
Old 06-13-2013, 04:32 PM
jshows1
Sarnak

great!! Thanks so much, Nate. I'm currently making a notes file with all the info I learn from you guys lol. Hopefully I can pass this info along later if other newbs have questions.

EDIT: Hmm I did #reloadworld and it gives me the message that it's reloading quest cache and repopping zones worldwide. But the quest in the folder isn't being "checked" like the others. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

That check mark is just TortoiseSVN telling you the file isn't what is currently in the repo, nothing to worry about there.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:51 PM
jshows1
Sarnak

Ok thanks. I wanted to see if I can get the translocator in South Ro active. I moved the Translocator_Tradil.pl file from Oasis to Southro folder. But for some reason it's not working. I figured if I can get this working, I could modify it as needed to port to different zones.

I wanted to start with something simple like a copy and paste lol but it doesn't seem to work. When I hail Translocator Tradil, he doesn't respond. Here's the info. Is something missing in it?

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY { 
if ($text=~/Hail/i){quest::say("Hello there. There seems to be some strange problems with the boats in this area. The Academy of Arcane Sciences has sent a small team of us to investigate them. If you need to [travel to Timorous] in the meantime, I can transport you to my companion there."); }
if ($text=~/travel to timorous/i){
quest::movepc(96,-3260.10,-4544.56,19.47); }
}
Old 06-14-2013, 02:44 AM
jshows1
Sarnak

I figured out my problem. The npc I was trying to add a quest to had a # in front of his name. Everything works great! Thanks again so much. I'm looking forward to passing along any help I can to others. You guys have been very helpful and patient.