Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:31 PM
iaeolan
Fire Beetle

Default EQLive Fix?

About how long does it take for someone to make EQEmu patch compatible? I found EQEmu a few months ago and it was uncapatable with the patch then, check back now and its still not compabible. My version hasnt patched since I quit in mid 2004.
The very nice program EQVerCheck can't find a compatible server and I am running SEQBD067 if that means anything to anyone.
Do these get reguarly updated and I have just came at a bad time each time I check or is someone currently working long on a fix?
Old 06-18-2005, 05:50 PM
phasepuma
Sarnak

There is never an ETA on catching up to live. It happens when it happens.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:08 PM
iaeolan
Fire Beetle

I figured this, just on average how long until it updates?
A week? A Month? A few months?

I like the idea of being part of an EQ community again but would like to know if im going to have to wait a relativly long time.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Probably not. We were compatible until about 5/11. We're due to be compatible again sometime in the next two months. Until then, just browse the forums and watch the tech support threads so that when you finally become compatible, you'll know how to avoid some of the pitfalls of putting up a server. =)

EDIT:: I'm under the impression that 6.1DR2 is Live compatible. If you manage to obtain a copy of it, you could try it out and let me know. It's a shot. =)

Last edited by Sarepean; 06-19-2005 at 10:27 AM..
Old 06-19-2005, 02:57 AM
iaeolan
Fire Beetle

The an entity that hosts or provides these?
cause I just have my old files from an old hard drive. I don't even think I know where all the original disks are lol
Thank you for the estimate, I was browsing for awhile and saw many other people had similar problems and that SOE was putting on a different encoding system a little while back and didn't know if that halted production for the emulation
Encouraging if you mean last compatible was May 11 (assuming you are not out of the US) and a fix is to be expected within a few months. Good stuff, I'll look forward to it and then hopefully see you guys on one of the servers.

Just an off-topic, but anyone know what a population for a server would be on average?
Old 06-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Around 30 - 50 max, I'd think. Winter's Roar had 200 online at the same time a while back, though. =)
Old 06-19-2005, 03:31 AM
toreth
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarepean
Around 30 - 50 max, I'd think. Winter's Roar had 200 online at the same time a while back, though. =)
ya winters roar had 397 on for their record now =)
Old 06-19-2005, 03:39 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

That's pretty danged impressive. =)